St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

Was disgusted to hear some of our so called fans boo and swear at Paul McGowan when he came on as a sub. Just for those who don't know he never asked to leave Saints Tommy Craig said he was over the hill and not good enough. And I was at the fans council meeting when he said it. So if you wanna boo anyone try Mr Craig. Disgusting behaviour. Guy is a legend at Saints MOM In the final.

Just in and still buzzing. Wasn’t pretty at times, but massive result. McKenzie was like an exciting new signing today. Won everything and brings a ‘presence’ to the team, winning everything at the back.
Flynn was superb too, he’s such a clever player with great feet and composure. He read the game, breaking up their play and creating stuff for us too.
Dreyer can be a bit frustrating as he sits off his man too much, but his cool head/decision making set up our winner. Think he could be an important player as his confidence grows, but needs to show more dig.
Great shift from Mullen too, considering he’s been out for ages.
He’s like a Duracell bunny and must be a nightmare to play against. Someone needs to explain the offside rule to him, but he was superb today and great movement for his goal.
The whole team did the business today and deserved the win. A big lift after Wednesday night and the near full stadium was a great sight. Hopefully we can build the momentum with 4 points from the next 2 games. If we can beat Hamilton it will really drag them into the dogfight.
My son wangled an away top out of me at the shop, resulting from the euphoria at full time and he got a wee nostalgic tour of of Paisley with his dad’s, grandad’s and great grandad’s haunts before the trek back to Fife.
Great day to be a Buddie.

Fantastic result today. Really enjoyed the game but overall most posts pretty well sum up what we saw. Some very good performances particularly from Flynn, dreyer does show flashes of being a good player, keeper once again made some important saves, both teams are pretty poor, we've played better and lost, our season is not dead and buried yet. Hamilton game could be very important

I’m not onboard with those who are talking up Dreyer . I don’t think he imposes himself on midfield enough , doesn’t offer enough of a goal threat as his show reel would suggest or give us any sort of cover for the defence ,

That said, like all saints players I do hope he does well and rams my doubts down my throat.... just don’t see it at the moment.

42 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Was disgusted to hear some of our so called fans boo and swear at Paul McGowan when he came on as a sub. Just for those who don't he never asked to leave Saints Tommy Craig said he was over the hill and not good enough. And I was at the fans council meeting when he said it. So if you wanna boo anyone try Mr Craig. Disgusting behaviour. Guy is a legend at Saints MOM In the final.

I booed him. He is a wee c**t, and today he was a wee c**t coming on to play for Dundee. Dry yer f**king eyes.

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

Lol yeah I should know better 

It is understandable since we are St. Mirren. BUT I really believe something a lot better than usual St. Mirren is gathering momentum currently within the club.

Guys like Hladky, Popescu and quite a few others are a great basis for next years team. 

Talk is that Gus has some more possibilities who may come in over the summer, and if we get 2 more as good as them we can be well clear of relegation next season.

But first we have 7 more games to keep us in this League.

50 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Was disgusted to hear some of our so called fans boo and swear at Paul McGowan when he came on as a sub. Just for those who don't he never asked to leave Saints Tommy Craig said he was over the hill and not good enough. And I was at the fans council meeting when he said it. So if you wanna boo anyone try Mr Craig. Disgusting behaviour. Guy is a legend at Saints MOM In the final.

St Mirren Legend??? :lol: You have got to be joking!!! A guy who had he been an unemployed guy from foxbar would have been in prison. 

Booing an explayer is bad but the nutters who booed Jackson when coming on are ten times worse. Utterly unbelievable but thankfully they were quickly rounded on at least in W5

43 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m not onboard with those who are talking up Dreyer . I don’t think he imposes himself on midfield enough , doesn’t offer enough of a goal threat as his show reel would suggest or give us any sort of cover for the defence ,

That said, like all saints players I do hope he does well and rams my doubts down my throat.... just don’t see it at the moment.

I think once he scores a goal or two for us in the remaining 7 games, he will grow in your estimation. I do agree that he struggles physically at times and disappears too, but he has craft and I believe some goals in him. Once he gets his first for us, another will come a lot easier - he needs the confidence to be right.

I do think he did a fair bit of running too - could have scored a couple but contributed well in the things that mattered  - the moves for both goals.

Without his header back across goal we don't score the second. Without him playing in Nazon to cross we don't score the first. If we don't score any goals we lose the game. 
He definetly contributed alot more than two nice touches. To say his contribution means nothing is just silly. 
Somebody else in his position could have easily contributed and created more.
To accept that kind of performance acceptable is sillier imo.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Somebody else in his position could have easily contributed and created more.
To accept that kind of performance acceptable is sillier imo.

In his post-match interview Kearney took time to draw attention to Dreyer's contribution today and hinted he has yet to show on a matchday what he does regularly at the training ground. He said he can be frustrating at times but did what he was asked to do defensively and going forward. There is more to come from Dreyer.

In his post-match interview Kearney took time to draw attention to Dreyer's contribution today and hinted he has yet to show on a matchday what he does regularly at the training ground. He said he can be frustrating at times but did what he was asked to do defensively and going forward. There is more to come from Dreyer.
I hope so.
I truly do.
I see the potential... I believe there is ability...
But I'm just saying it as I saw it... Overall, that performance was not acceptable today.

Maybe OK is "managing" the situation and believes the short term man down will be worth it!

If so and Dreyer turns out to be a matchwinner, I will be the first to apologise for my lack of faith...

But right now.. my honest opinion is that he lacks effort!