St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I hope so.
I truly do.
I see the potential... I believe there is ability...
But I'm just saying it as I saw it... Overall, that performance was not acceptable today.

Maybe OK is "managing" the situation and believes the short term man down will be worth it!

If so and Dreyer turns out to be a matchwinner, I will be the first to apologise for my lack of faith...

But right now.. my honest opinion is that he lacks effort!

We saw what happened to Flynn. I think he's worth persevering with

10 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Was disgusted to hear some of our so called fans boo and swear at Paul McGowan when he came on as a sub. Just for those who don't he never asked to leave Saints Tommy Craig said he was over the hill and not good enough. And I was at the fans council meeting when he said it. So if you wanna boo anyone try Mr Craig. Disgusting behaviour. Guy is a legend at Saints MOM In the final.

I've booed Tommy Craig on many occassion. I'd like to say he's the only St Mirren manager I've ever booed, but....  Alex Rae

I’m not onboard with those who are talking up Dreyer . I don’t think he imposes himself on midfield enough , doesn’t offer enough of a goal threat as his show reel would suggest or give us any sort of cover for the defence ,
That said, like all saints players I do hope he does well and rams my doubts down my throat.... just don’t see it at the moment.

Fans have said that about Flynn too so maybe still got the best to come from him.

10 hours ago, Kemp said:

I booed him. He is a wee c**t, and today he was a wee c**t coming on to play for Dundee. Dry yer f**king eyes.

All league cup players are legends that is a simple fact of life.  Really enjoyed the game was surprised how easy it was to knock the stuffing out of Dundee by that I mean they lost concordance big time. Fantastic result now if we can go on and beat Hamilton. Would rather us and Dundee stayed up. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

All league cup players are legends that is a simple fact of life.

McGowan is a violent wee ned who has now been done for assaulting police officers multiple times. God knows how many other innocent people he has attacked. I'm not going to shed any tears about him being booed when coming on for Dundee!

5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I hope so.
I truly do.
I see the potential... I believe there is ability...
But I'm just saying it as I saw it... Overall, that performance was not acceptable today.

Maybe OK is "managing" the situation and believes the short term man down will be worth it!

If so and Dreyer turns out to be a matchwinner, I will be the first to apologise for my lack of faith...

But right now.. my honest opinion is that he lacks effort!

Stevie Mallan lacked a lot of basics as a midfielder, but he scored a fair amount of goals from midfield in open play, was deadly from free kicks around the box, and got lots of assists from his corners (usually to Gary MacKenzie). I think Dreyer will add 1 or 2 goals and assists before the end of the season.

Stevie Mallan lacked a lot of basics as a midfielder, but he scored a fair amount of goals from midfield in open play, was deadly from free kicks around the box, and got lots of assists from his corners (usually to Gary MacKenzie). I think Dreyer will add 1 or 2 goals and assists before the end of the season.

You’ve sort of cancelled out your own argument with the Mallan comparison. Yes , Mallan did lack in certain areas but he did score goals & take great set pieces .
Dreyer has so far failed to do either of them. I really do hope he comes good but time is running out and we need everyone to be competing in every game .
C’mon young man , step up to the plate and prove us doubters wrong. Show us what OK sees on the training ground.

I came on here today to soak up the feel good after us winning a “must win” game, hauling ourselves off the canvas following the loss of a 1st minute goal and the talk is about Dreyer (who had his best game yet and was involved in both goals) being a spineless shitebag who contributes nothing and Paul McGowan (a cup winning legend so deal with it) being a ned who we should boo.

Maybe it’s the St Mirren “condition” but some people just need to live in the moment more and move out from under the cloud of negativity that follows them everywhere.

Brilliant result. Everyone played their part. McKenzie, Mullen and Flynn were outstanding and showed that players from the Championship winning team can compete at this level.

8 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

When I saw Gary Mack come on to the park I thought it was an act of desperation by OK.

Given the time he has been out,  I thought his performance was astounding.  I think he has won himself a regular place  in the first team.

The Duck stated in an interview in the PDE, that the team needed a "Leader" when McGinn isn't there. I think we found one yesterday.

Unfortunately GM's poor clearance batted the ball back out to O'Sullivan for the first goal, but after that he was imperious.

In fact, yesterday was the most solid defensive performance I've seen this season. No fannying about. Just heading and hoofing the ball away when required.

I have already praised the obvious performances from yesterday but a special mention to Mateo Muzek. He gave us real width and an attacking threat down the left which we have lacked all season. And he got stuck in with a gritty display and took no prisoners. Well played that man.

Guest TPAFKATS

An emotional roller coaster yesterday with a happy ending. Obviously better than the misery of earlier in the season.
Dundee looked devoid of tactics and leadership after our second goal. Fans booing them not helpful either - long may it continue.

51 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I have already praised the obvious performances from yesterday but a special mention to Mateo Muzek. He gave us real width and an attacking threat down the left which we have lacked all season. And he got stuck in with a gritty display and took no prisoners. Well played that man.

He initially took a bit of a roasting by O'Sullivan down the wing as he was caught out of position. I saw him speaking to OK and after that he recovered well and was solid throughout the rest of the game.

Needs to work on winning headers.

I’m not onboard with those who are talking up Dreyer . I don’t think he imposes himself on midfield enough , doesn’t offer enough of a goal threat as his show reel would suggest or give us any sort of cover for the defence ,
That said, like all saints players I do hope he does well and rams my doubts down my throat.... just don’t see it at the moment.

The usual Gilhooley boo boy negativity!

Try supporting the team for a change.

Was disgusted to hear some of our so called fans boo and swear at Paul McGowan when he came on as a sub. Just for those who don't know he never asked to leave Saints Tommy Craig said he was over the hill and not good enough. And I was at the fans council meeting when he said it. So if you wanna boo anyone try Mr Craig. Disgusting behaviour. Guy is a legend at Saints MOM In the final.

Jesus!

What a drama queen! [emoji23]

It’s a game of football FFS. You’re supposed to boo the opposition. It’s part of the entertainment!

Booooooooo!

I thought he was spineless, heartless and totally lacking in effort!

Nazon and Mullen were everywhere in that first half, defending from the front.

Dreyer just stood and watched!

Two nice touches in a whole match mean nothing... He could have created an infinite number more with just a modicum of effort.

So, apart from the goals he did nothing? [emoji23]

I get the criticism of Dreyer but think it's well OTT.

Granted, he's not imposed himself in games but provided two big contributions to two goals yesterday and due to a very good block, was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

There's definitely potential there and I reckon he'll be a key contributor in the last 7 games.

I thought he was spineless, heartless and totally lacking in effort!

Nazon and Mullen were everywhere in that first half, defending from the front.

Dreyer just stood and watched!

Two nice touches in a whole match mean nothing... He could have created an infinite number more with just a modicum of effort.

Bit harsh on the lad. Thought he had some nice touches and was involved in both our goals. That’s all that matters.

Been really unimpressed with Nazon. Looked f**ked after half an hour, hence why he got brought off at the start of the second half. He needs to up it.