St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Jesus!

What a drama queen! emoji23.png

It’s a game of football FFS. You’re supposed to boo the opposition. It’s part of the entertainment!

Booooooooo!

What about booing your own players when they come on as subs? Couldn’t believe my ears yesterday when Jackson came on!

as for the game, probably the best game I have been to all season. What an attendance also. Onward and upwards 

17 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

What about booing your own players when they come on as subs? Couldn’t believe my ears yesterday when Jackson came on!

as for the game, probably the best game I have been to all season. What an attendance also. Onward and upwards 

17 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I actually think the balance of reaction was right from the fans about Jackson.  It’s a football crowd, expressing its feelings in the way it can.  It can hardly have a word in the guy’s ear! He will have expected it. But he will not have expected the encouragement that followed. His heart must risen to that. 

7 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You’ve sort of cancelled out your own argument with the Mallan comparison. Yes , Mallan did lack in certain areas but he did score goals & take great set pieces .
Dreyer has so far failed to do either of them. I really do hope he comes good but time is running out and we need everyone to be competing in every game .
C’mon young man , step up to the plate and prove us doubters wrong. Show us what OK sees on the training ground.

There was me thinking that Dreyer helped set up the first goal, and got an assist for the winning goal, and had another two great strikes blocked by defenders yesterday, and had two good runs where he dribbled past a few defenders into the penalty box. We've scored goals from corners taken by Dreyer in previous games as well.

29 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

There was me thinking that Dreyer helped set up the first goal, and got an assist for the winning goal, and had another two great strikes blocked by defenders yesterday, and had two good runs where he dribbled past a few defenders into the penalty box. We've scored goals from corners taken by Dreyer in previous games as well.

I was very critical of him during the game, but the type of composure to set up the winner is what we have been missing.

Hopefully Kearney helps him grow in confidence. That said, I'd rather have McAllister back in the team.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I was very critical of him during the game, but the type of composure to set up the winner is what we have been missing.

Hopefully Kearney helps him grow in confidence. That said, I'd rather have McAllister back in the team.

I thought he showed a fair amount of composure in his role in the first goal as well after his initial shot was blocked.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

His cushioned header gets better and better the more you watch it.

21 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

What, when he played a c@$t of a pass to Nazon?

So, you don't think it was a good run into the box to open Dundee up in the first place?

The run itself pulled 2 men out of position, including Mullen's marker.

It wasn't the best hit pass but he got rid of it out of necessity... there were 3 bodies on him at that point and we'd have certainly lost possession had he not shifted it on. Hardly a c**t of a pass either, given that we scored 2 seconds later.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So, you don't think it was a good run into the box to open Dundee up in the first place?

The run itself pulled 2 men out of position, including Mullen's marker.

It wasn't the best hit pass but he got rid of it out of necessity... there were 3 bodies on him at that point and we'd have certainly lost possession had he not shifted it on. Hardly a c**t of a pass either, given that we scored 2 seconds later.

That is complete nonsense.

I don't know why you are responding to a sad case troll in the first place either.

Stevie Mallan lacked a lot of basics as a midfielder, but he scored a fair amount of goals from midfield in open play, was deadly from free kicks around the box, and got lots of assists from his corners (usually to Gary MacKenzie). I think Dreyer will add 1 or 2 goals and assists before the end of the season.
I hope so... But personally, comparing Dreyer to Mallan seems like comparing a 1977 S plate Sunbeam to a Porsche!

The usual Gilhooley boo boy negativity!

Try supporting the team for a change.
Gees.. he said he hopes Dreyer does well. He was merely stating his opinion on a discussion forum! When did that become a crime? Your attack on him is more negative than his opinion on the player!

Irony alert!

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
10 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:
Stevie Mallan lacked a lot of basics as a midfielder, but he scored a fair amount of goals from midfield in open play, was deadly from free kicks around the box, and got lots of assists from his corners (usually to Gary MacKenzie). I think Dreyer will add 1 or 2 goals and assists before the end of the season.

I hope so... But personally, comparing Dreyer to Mallan seems like comparing a 1977 S plate Sunbeam to a Porsche!

Last time I looked, Dreyer was signed by a premiership team, and Mallan by a championship team that was relegated and he failed to prosper there.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Dreyer  is currently better than Mallan, but Brighton seem to know who has the potential to be the Porsche in comparison to a Sunbeam.

Only time will tell I suppose.

You've decided he is pish, which is your perogative.

However, to suggest his header that set up Lyon's goal was ordinary, underestimates its quality IMO.

Edited by FTOF

Last time I looked, Dreyer was signed by a premiership team, and Mallan by a championship team that was relegated and he failed to prosper there.
I'm not for one minute suggesting that Dreyer  is currently better than Mallan, but Brighton seem to know who has the potential to be the Porsche in comparison to a Sunbeam.
Only time will tell I suppose.
You've decided he is pish, which is your prerogative.
However, to suggest his header that set up Lyon's goal was ordinary, underestimates its quality IMO.
I have NOT decided he is pish... That's purely your take on what I said.

I said he has potential but overall, yesterday's performance was unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I have NOT decided he is pish... That's purely your take on what I said.

I said he has potential but overall, yesterday's performance was unacceptable.

Dreyer definitely has certain areas of his game that he needs to improve.

However, he contributed to both of our goals yesterday and gave 100% for the entire game.

I was frustrated with his performance at times. However, given I've seen King, Kpekawa ( and most of the other shite that useless cunt Stubbs signed) playing for us this season, then Dreyer's performance was nowhere near unacceptable IMO.

Dreyer definitely has certain areas of his game that he needs to improve.
However, he contributed to both of our goals yesterday and gave 100% for the entire game.
I was frustrated with his performance at times. However, given I've seen King, Kpekawa ( and most of the other shite that useless cunt Stubbs signed) playing for us this season, then Dreyer's performance was nowhere near unacceptable IMO.
That's where we differ bud... I don't think he gave 100%.

He was too static too often and wouldn't break a sweat to chase anything.

I don't doubt his ability... I question his heart for the fight we need to avoid relegation!

He was too static too often and wouldn't break a sweat to chase anything.

Don’t know about that. His face looked like it was about to combust at the end of the game.

It sounds like he’s not your type of player, which is fine. Yesterday was his best game for us and he had an impact on the result. Aside from that I watched him track back repeatedly and put more than a few challenges in. He’s no Jim Goodwin though.

The big match.  Pretty accurate summing up in my opinion.

Getting a bit fed up with the unsporting  behaviour that has crept into the

game. Newest trick from Dundee goalkeeper taking the goal kick from

outside the area. Team one up and in the end only benefit was to waste

time and not penalised. That to me is cheating, could and should have been

booked. What is the advantage of placing the ball outside the arc at a corner? 

What "tricks" will Brown have up his sleeve on Wednesday?

The outside the arc/lines thing usetae bug me a bit.

however, if you really watch the positioning of the ball, then though the ball’s base may be outside/over the line a part of the sphere always seems to hover over it.

So, there is not a CLEAR misplacement.

”what advantage” to doing that?

obviously minimal.  And most of that is in the perpetrator’s tiny mind.

”I saved energy, not having to kick it that few extra millimetres.”

”I beat da system and stuck it to da man!”

My heart goes out to such wankers.   :)

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

The outside the arc/lines thing usetae bug me a bit.

however, if you really watch the positioning of the ball, then though the ball’s base may be outside/over the line a part of the sphere always seems to hover over it.

So, there is not a CLEAR misplacement.

”what advantage” to doing that?

obviously minimal.  And most of that is in the perpetrator’s tiny mind.

”I saved energy, not having to kick it that few extra millimetres.”

”I beat da system and stuck it to da man!”

My heart goes out to such wankers.   :)

I'm sure Dundee were doing it to time waste, not to actually gain by moving a few centimetres up the park.

They were constantly taking goal kicks or free kicks from the wrong place, and then the ref or linesman would call them back and it would be taken again. I'd say they managed to take a couple of minutes off the game with it.