St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

Musak is a huge improvement on Ethan on the left so hope he stays there for the run-in. Mac was excellent and poses a real threat for dead ball situations and Danny played well considering not being in the picture. But hats off to Ryan Flynn who had an excellent game. KTF.

Well done today to the team and management. I think we played better against Hibs and Motherwell and lost. Dundee didn't offer too much either. Thought it was going to be a cracker of a game, could have been 2-2 after 15 minutes and then it got scrappy after 20 minutes and the final 70 minutes maybe had less chances than the first 20. Today was all about the result and I was pleasantly surprised we did the business and didn't finish up with a draw.

Not sure where your uncertainty comes from, it either is your first home game this season or it is not, but I can assure you, you haven't missed too much that would have been good to see. 
I really really do hope you both see a spectacular win for us today though !  ALL the best, travelling both ways etc. After the game I hope you go back up the road with a huge smile!!!  :turtle
Lack of games due to health issues.

Today was absolutely fantastic. Great table, great performance and fully deserved the three points. Will make the train journey back north all the more bearable.
Be even easier if I get a few beers first !

Musak is a huge improvement on Ethan on the left so hope he stays there for the run-in. Mac was excellent and poses a real threat for dead ball situations and Danny played well considering not being in the picture. But hats off to Ryan Flynn who had an excellent game. KTF.
Flynn was our best player. Transformed in this central role. No failures today, and GMac and Baird were excellent.

Dundee reminded me of us in the second half - devoid of ideas, and pretty much hopeless.

Thoroughly deserved all 3 points. We were worthy winners.

Just now, delpierro said:

Thought at time, Lyons tackle was a yellow. Now seeing it on TV, it could have been a red.

Was relieved it was yellow. Didn't think there was malace in but jumped in with studs showing - folks next to me were giving Collum pelters for the booking and his general performance, seen a lot worse from other refs throughout the season.

15 minutes ago, delpierro said:

Thought at time, Lyons tackle was a yellow. Now seeing it on TV, it could have been a red.

Everyone around me thought it should have been red. Thankfully Collum is just useless and not biased. He let Dundee players away with a lot too before brandishing yellow. After the shocking start we grew into the game and by the time we scored the second I felt we'd take all points. As others have said, it's a shame we don't play Accies before Celtic. I'm hoping for a good result for them tomorrow as I think we'll be in trouble if they're a wounded animal.

Edited by stlucifer

Gary Mac was a collosus at the back!
He threw himself in front of Everything and inspired Popescu and Baird to do the same.

Gary was driving the defence forward in the latter stages, and was the onfield leader we have badly missed!

Paul McGinn was another great performer. Gave all for the cause.

Dreyer though?

Waste of a jersey.

Against Accies I'd make one change from today's side...

Stephen McGinn in for Dreyer if fit.

If not, Ethon in for Dreyer.

Against Celtic, I'd play the reserves to avoid injury or burnout!

Thought Anders Dreyer had his best game in a St Mirren short for us today. Played a big part in our first goal and he was also the one who assisted lyons with the second. Delighted for him. 
I thought he was spineless, heartless and totally lacking in effort!

Nazon and Mullen were everywhere in that first half, defending from the front.

Dreyer just stood and watched!

Two nice touches in a whole match mean nothing... He could have created an infinite number more with just a modicum of effort.

Was relieved it was yellow. Didn't think there was malace in but jumped in with studs showing - folks next to me were giving Collum pelters for the booking and his general performance, seen a lot worse from other refs throughout the season.

Collum‘s an odd one - thought he had a fine game in general, yet still leaves you with the feeling that he has to be seen. Over-ruling the West Stand linesman twice on the positioning of Dundee free kicks was a personal favourite.

Performance-wise, I didn’t think we were wonderful but everyone showed the desire that’s been missing from other games. Thought Dreyer was a nuisance, probably his best game for us, and Muzek looked more comfortable out wide. Mackenzie strolled it, and to get 90 mins under his belt was an added bonus!

While Wednesday isn’t a write-off, Saturday is another massive game - could be within a point of Accies after it, then there’s a real chance of salvaging this clusterf**k of a season.