Empowering the SMISA Membership to begin building for the future now.

Kombibuddie

I'm not sure whether it's your comprehension or intelect that's at fault here as SMISA even explain what they see as the biggest problem with your suggestion..............................................
Under the current system members always have the option not to spend – if a project is rejected, unspent money stays in the pot and is available for future use. That gives us flexibility – on occasion we have asked members if they want to use unspent money from a previous quarter. If this resolution is adopted SMISA could lose some of that flexibility – as some £2 money might be locked away, even if there was a compelling reason to use it.
you fairly obviously would like things done your way and you have every right to offer your proposal, what you don't have is the right to dis or belittle those who have different views.  You state in your follow up post (the one highlighted in red).............. Please see above, no flexibility is lost. The members will always have the right to decide to spend the pot. This proposal does not erode or remove that.   However; the portion emboldened above seems to contradict this,is someone lying or being selective in what they ARE or are NOT saying?  I am not a great fan of SMISA; but cannot fault their logic insofar as the response is concerned at any rate.
I'm not sure whether it's your comprehension or intelect that's at fault here but it wasn't my suggestion and nothing in my quote was highlighted in red!

Oh dear. Whit a riddy! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Interesting the posters who seem almost panicked that a proposal that doesnt follow the dictact might come to fruition. Even calling out names of people they aren't even in dialogue with. 

Yet more lies, there's no indication of panic on here regarding this. I think it's clear you're in a minority regarding your hate of democracy. 

2 hours ago, melmac said:

Where in the Rules does it mention "Discretionary Spend Pot"?

It's been called a few things

• £2 pot
  • quarterly vote
  • 3 monthly vote
  • discretionary spend & so on.

but you'll find the Buy the Buds explanations here https://www.smisa.net/buythebuds/how-it-works

11 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Are you talking to me or BuddieinEK here. You quote BinEK but refer to "your" proposal and also refer to the bit in red. It is my proposal and my response in red

The irony of you questioning "comprehension or intellect"

If you disagree, fine, say so but you have mugged yourself off by question his/my/our comprehension or intellect by getting it arse over tit. No harm done though

Anyways, have you followed the 3 monthly spend thread? Quite some healthy debate in there that this proposal has been born from.

Are you aware there are a number of SMISA members who would like the option to "save the pot"?

Are you aware SMISA has other cash available? Therefore there is flexibility. This is evidenced by the money that was given for the christmas meal after that lost out to goals for the academy.

Have you not thought your response through before posting?

but you dig me / BuddieinEK out for comprehension / intellect. It's really not clear who you are having the pop at emoji23.png

As has been presented, this is a proposal to have "save the pot" as an option, not replace options.

Enjoy your day.

Since BinEK supports what you suggested it isn't rocket science to assume I was refering to both of you (together you may make one brain).  If you don't understand with regards to the comprehension / intellect commen;t simply admit it, or even better get your dictionary out, or ask and I will explain, although the sensible way forward would be to read that which I have posted in the context of your post and those that showed support.  Then read SMISA's response (this is where some of the lack of comprehension kicks in) and if you don't see my point then (obviously, more lack of comprehension must be the reason) Doh!.  Bazil makes similar points in his posts, but he is a nice guy and perhaps more egalitarian than I.

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ahhh the roasters are on the table. You actually seem to be saying you arent a smisa member? Of course that doesnt stop you having a view, just means it's irrelevant.

I am unsure exactly what a roaster is and you are correct in assuming I am not a member of SMISA, I more or less said as much in the post, however I also supported their response which as far as I am aware I am entitled to do.  And if we are going to assume;  posting a response to contradictory statements is irrelevant, I am not too sure where that leaves you.

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'm not sure whether it's your comprehension or intelect that's at fault here but it wasn't my suggestion and nothing in my quote was highlighted in red!

Oh dear. Whit a riddy! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I never said it was; however the level of your response is indicative of the lack of validity of your argument, intelect and demeanour.  Nuff said.  :P

I never said it was; however the level of your response is indicative of the lack of validity of your argument, intelect and demeanour.  Nuff said.  [emoji14]
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Poor attempt to save face!
You played the smart arse card and screwed it up!
Can't even admit it!
Whit a riddy!

I think you will find that a good number of people supported the proposal.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

PS... The level of my response was indicative of all you deserved! emoji14.png

The level of your initial response my friend was clearly insuficient to meet your needs; otherwise there would have been no need of a further response, a symptom one might say of a limited vocabulary or intelect.  I was simply stating an opinion which is the whole point of a Forum, the point being you have insuficent intelect to make a valid argument to support your proposal, I never said that IT was crap, just your argument to justify it.  As stated earlier Bazil makes a similar point; but in a sensible and well construed statement, he doesn't even argue for one or tother; unlike yourself who seems to be so het up re the proposal you lose sight of the logic and I'm not sure why Cockles is sticking his oar in, perhaps he to supports your proposal.  I don't think it will find favour but like I said you have every right to support or propose it, unfortunatly not the intelect or vocabulary to argue your case coherently. 

Since BinEK supports what you suggested it isn't rocket science to assume I was refering to both of you (together you may make one brain).  If you don't understand with regards to the comprehension / intellect commen;t simply admit it, or even better get your dictionary out, or ask and I will explain, although the sensible way forward would be to read that which I have posted in the context of your post and those that showed support.  Then read SMISA's response (this is where some of the lack of comprehension kicks in) and if you don't see my point then (obviously, more lack of comprehension must be the reason) Doh!.  Bazil makes similar points in his posts, but he is a nice guy and perhaps more egalitarian than I.
Oh dear.

Not happy at mugging yourself off with your first post, you go and do it again.

I think we may have to wait a long time to get a post of any value from you so won't be holding my breath.

Absolutely delighted that you feel compelled to try insult us. I find that a huge compliment. Cheers bud. [emoji16][emoji16]

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

Oh dear.

Not happy at mugging yourself off with your first post, you go and do it again.

I think we may have to wait a long time to get a post of any value from you so won't be holding my breath.

Absolutely delighted that you feel compelled to try insult us. I find that a huge compliment. Cheers bud. emoji16.pngemoji16.png

You  are welcome B)

The level of your initial response my friend was clearly insuficient to meet your needs; otherwise there would have been no need of a further response, a symptom one might say of a limited vocabulary or intelect.  I was simply stating an opinion which is the whole point of a Forum, the point being you have insuficent intelect to make a valid argument to support your proposal, I never said that IT was crap, just your argument to justify it.  As stated earlier Bazil makes a similar point; but in a sensible and well construed statement, he doesn't even argue for one or tother; unlike yourself who seems to be so het up re the proposal you lose sight of the logic and I'm not sure why Cockles is sticking his oar in, perhaps he to supports your proposal.  I don't think it will find favour but like I said you have every right to support or propose it, unfortunatly not the intelect or vocabulary to argue your case coherently. 
Again, it was NOT MY proposal!
Silly billy!
Your opinion is moot as it is based on incorrect assumptions.

Good use of big words though. I'll give you that much.

Sometimes I use big words that I don't know the meaning of too, in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis!

Nobody likes a sesquipedalian!
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji14]

44 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Again, it was NOT MY proposal!
Silly billy!
Your opinion is moot as it is based on incorrect assumptions.

Good use of big words though. I'll give you that much.

Sometimes I use big words that I don't know the meaning of too, in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji14.png

Feck me we are in a time warp! I get this image in my head, cant think why?

IMG_1773.JPG

14 hours ago, melmac said:

Thanks for the input. However, if someone is seeking to change smisas rules, you need to have a rule to change. You'll find there is no rule.

Not sure I fully understand this. The rules state a motion that gains 2/3 majority (if someone could confirm that is right would be appreciated) is enough to change a rule. Would like clarity if it's on voting members or overall member numbers. If it is the latter this motion has no chance. 

Edited by bazil85

11 hours ago, jaybee said:

Would an example of a limited vocabulary or intelect (sic) be someone who can't spell "intellect" or "insufficient" and who can't use punctuation even moderately well?

Jusct askyng.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Not sure I fully understand this. The rules state a motion that gains 2/3 majority (if someone could confirm that is right would be appreciated) is enough to change a rule. Would like clarity if it's on voting members or overall member numbers. If it is the latter this motion has no chance. 

Your probably 100% correct in what your saying re majority of those voting etc to change a rule.

What rule is to be changed though?

As usual, a decent thread with about 2 or 3 good contributors discussing an important subject and a host of wasters trying to turn it into a children's playground. This is why I can't be bothered with other humans. So many of them are just a waste of time and effort.

9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji14.png

Really! well given that I had never herd that word previously and had to look it up it would seem that the pot is calling the kettle black.  :P  Oh and by the way at least I use my 'big' words in connversation, I am .... let's just say retired ......... and have never (including 5 years at university) ever heard anyone ever use that word in a consersation. You sir are an arsehole ofthe first magnitude. :lol:

Edited by jaybee

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Would an example of a limited vocabulary or intelect (sic) be someone who can't spell "intellect" or "insufficient" and who can't use punctuation even moderately well?

It might well ....but I was slightly pissed off and didn't consern myself two much wif sperling or punkchoation.  :D

Really! well given that I had never herd that word previously and had to look it up it would seem that the pot is calling the kettle black.  [emoji14]  Oh and by the way at least I use my 'big' words in connversation, I am .... let's just say retired ......... and have never (including 5 years at university) ever heard anyone ever use that word in a consersation. You sir are an arsehole ofthe first magnitude. [emoji38]
Which is it?
Connversation or consersation?
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Really! well given that I had never herd that word previously and had to look it up it would seem that the pot is calling the kettle black.  [emoji14]  Oh and by the way at least I use my 'big' words in connversation, I am .... let's just say retired ......... and have never (including 5 years at university) ever heard anyone ever use that word in a consersation. You sir are an arsehole ofthe first magnitude. [emoji38]
Now that you have confessed to a lack of intellect, how about giving the abuse a rest and letting people who wish to discuss the matter in hand a chance to do so?

Over and out.