Empowering the SMISA Membership to begin building for the future now.

Kombibuddie

15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again you draw ridicule on yourself by failing to list ONE additional revenue stream that the current board have created. Are you Theresa May in disguise, continually presenting the same failed proposition again and again and again?

I have named several. You’re like the creationist Christian that when presented with evidence contrary to your view, completely deny its existence. It’s very simply proven though in a yes or no statement. 

Yes or no, if more fans attend SMFC games due to sponsorship marketing or young fan entertainment, will that increase our revenue in ticket sales, merchandise & catering? You’ll find the answer is yes. 

15 hours ago, melmac said:

So, you're suggesting someone waste their time proposing a resolution to change the rules but which there is no rule to change? Smisa are operating their own internal procedures / arrangements re the 3 monthly spend.

I think the rule change wording has been taken out of context a wee bit but no, this isn’t internal procedure it is legislative. The process being followed to implement this request is legislatively the right one and a required one. 

Persoanlly I do feel it’s a bit of a waste of time because 1. I don’t think it’s likely to pass and 2. Even if it does, I don’t think it will get majority votes over other proposals. 

I am however fully a fan of democracy and the right of members to present such proposals.

Again, we also have to remember, SMISA are legislatively bound to agree to this vote. 

14 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

This!

as evidenced by Smisa communicating Kombiebuddie's proposal, accompanied by a shameless, withering rejection of a member's consider proposal, shamelessly trying to ensure a member cant influence how smisa operates.

ffs they put forward an idea to fund hand dryers, championing it as a credible members proposal.

It’s a weighted response to give members an informed choice to make. By your argument that SMISA shouldn’t have responded, you must also think Graeme should have been forbidden from outlining in his view the positives.

That would have been members voting completely blind on the proposal. A ridiculous view to have. 

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I have named several. You’re like the creationist Christian that when presented with evidence contrary to your view, completely deny its existence. It’s very simply proven though in a yes or no statement. 

Yes or no, if more fans attend SMFC games due to sponsorship marketing or young fan entertainment, will that increase our revenue in ticket sales, merchandise & catering? You’ll find the answer is yes. 

Dude everyone and his wife know you havent named ONE additional (new) revenue stream the current board have created! And the simple explanation for that is in three years they havent created a single one. Which is almost a shocking an indictment on their complete lazy inaction, as it is on your hear, see, speak no evil approach to the fact.

all this board have one is spend more and more money, with little if any return. Any fool can do that, even you!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dude everyone and his wife know you havent named ONE additional (new) revenue stream the current board have created! And the simple explanation for that is in three years they havent created a single one. Which is almost a shocking an indictment on their complete lazy inaction, as it is on your hear, see, speak no evil approach to the fact.

all this board have one is spend more and more money, with little if any return. Any fool can do that, even you!

Your failure to answer the very simple yes or no question around extra fans in the stadium generating more income proves again you're wrong. As you have been wrong many times over many subjects ranging from SMISA to the January squad changes. I'm sensing your frustration on being so often wrong, it is understandable though.

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s a weighted response to give members an informed choice to make. By your argument that SMISA shouldn’t have responded, you must also think Graeme should have been forbidden from outlining in his view the positives.

That would have been members voting completely blind on the proposal. A ridiculous view to have. 

Yawn.... so answer me this. Why?

Q. when everyone with a brain thought the idea of putting an option to buy hand dryers or Matchballs were the two most ill conceived, ridiculous ideas imaginable to spend the £2 pot on, did smisa not, as they have done with KB's considered proposal (NOT to piss the money up the wall), give members a weighted response on these cockamamie ideas???

A. Because Scott wanted those options! He doesnt want smisa members to vote to save THEIR funds for after taking the majority shareholding. He just wants to rifle smisa funds now, and as evidenced by the 3g pitch fiasco, he even wants to raid ringfenced funds, there specifically to buy him out....

HELLO....! Anyone still think this is going to end well?

HOW TO EMPOWER SMISA MEMBERS

Well I have long been an advocate of saving.  Save today and be secure tomorrow.  Reaching a point of relative financial freedom is indeed empowering, not worrying about the next bill dropping on the door mat, stressing how to get to work when your car packs in and requires an expensive repair in the middle of the month, being able to go that relaxing holiday to recharge the old farter.

So here is how to empower the Smisa members STOP PAYING INTO IT

Instead put that money into a "stocks & shares ISA" or if you are under 40 a "lifetime ISA, otherwise known as a LISA" and let that money grow over the years. 

An alternative to that would be to put the money you are wasting on Smisa into a savings account and at the end of year put it into your mortgage.  It may seem a small amount but every penny you pay off early is money saved on interest.  The old saying "a penny saved is a penny earned" is somewhat relevant here but I would prefer the term "a penny Smisa'd is a penny spunked".

If you are paying silly amounts of jizz money into Smisa, then save it up and perhaps purchase yourself a VCT (venture capital trust).  A higher risk investment but an investment nonetheless.

So stop jizzing your money away, save it and let your financial security begin to grow.  From small acorns grow great oak trees.   

Stupid people don't save.  People from Greenock or who vote Labour are the types generally daft enough.  Don't be from Greenock and don't vote Labour.  Free yourself from the constraints of idiocy, rise above the common halfwit and empower yourself fellow Buddies EMPOWER YOURSELF.

Empower yourself indeed

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yawn.... so answer me this. Why?

Q. when everyone with a brain thought the idea of putting an option to buy hand dryers or Matchballs were the two most ill conceived, ridiculous ideas imaginable to spend the £2 pot on, did smisa not, as they have done with KB's considered proposal (NOT to piss the money up the wall), give members a weighted response on these cockamamie ideas???

A. Because Scott wanted those options! He doesnt want smisa members to vote to save THEIR funds for after taking the majority shareholding. He just wants to rifle smisa funds now, and as evidenced by the 3g pitch fiasco, he even wants to raid ringfenced funds, there specifically to buy him out....

HELLO....! Anyone still think this is going to end well?

The new balls option was passed given it received more votes than other options - You not agreeing with it doesn't mean you're right and the members that voted yes 'don't have a brain' so disrespectful.

The hand dryer option was also completely valid. What you continually fail to comprehend is these options go to a vote. A requirement for you to agree on the validity of the options is non-existent. If they are voted through great, if not also great that is democracy. Do you agree with every single political party in elections? Should we remove all the ones you don’t agree with?

Further to your point on weighted options. It’s a requirement when multiple options exist. The irony is you’re pushing for another option to be free standing, the contradiction here is clear for all to see, you’re a hypocrite.

If the top voted options haven’t got enough support to pass then you must agree the lowest supported option like save the money/ add to the pot certainly don’t. Again showing your bias here.

As for it ‘ending well’ we’re miles ahead of plan and the democratic process is working just fine so I’d say, as I have many times before, your viewpoint is completely evidence-less and it looks like it’ll be another point to go with the many others you’ve been wrong on.

35 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Well I have long been an advocate of saving.  Save today and be secure tomorrow.  Reaching a point of relative financial freedom is indeed empowering, not worrying about the next bill dropping on the door mat, stressing how to get to work when your car packs in and requires an expensive repair in the middle of the month, being able to go that relaxing holiday to recharge the old farter.

Instead put that money into a "stocks & shares ISA" or if you are under 40 a "lifetime ISA, otherwise known as a LISA" and let that money grow over the years. 

An alternative to that would be to put the money you are wasting on Smisa into a savings account and at the end of year put it into your mortgage.  It may seem a small amount but every penny you pay off early is money saved on interest.  The old saying "a penny saved is a penny earned" is somewhat relevant here but I would prefer the term "a penny Smisa'd is a penny spunked".

If you are paying silly amounts of jizz money into Smisa, then save it up and perhaps purchase yourself a VCT (venture capital trust).  A higher risk investment but an investment nonetheless.

So stop jizzing your money away, save it and let your financial security begin to grow.  From small acorns grow great oak trees.   

Stupid people don't save.  People from Greenock or who vote Labour are the types generally daft enough.  Don't be from Greenock and don't vote Labour.  Free yourself from the constraints of idiocy, rise above the common halfwit and empower yourself fellow Buddies EMPOWER YOURSELF.

Empower yourself indeed

Better yet, don’t renew your season ticket or buy merchandise, think of the money you could contribute further to your savings pots. (Because obviously no one that pays into SMISA knows anything about saving for the future) 

In your opinion, what would happen if every SMISA member cancelled their membership today? You must be in the extreme minority of person that doesn’t think fan ownership is a good idea. 

You calling your fellow fans ‘stupid’ in supporting fan ownership yet you present no alternative. If a doctor advised you not to have a needed heart transplant then shrugged when you asked what to do instead, would you be all in? 

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The new balls option was passed given it received more votes than other options - You not agreeing with it doesn't mean you're right and the members that voted yes 'don't have a brain' so disrespectful.

The hand dryer option was also completely valid. What you continually fail to comprehend is these options go to a vote. A requirement for you to agree on the validity of the options is non-existent. If they are voted through great, if not also great that is democracy. Do you agree with every single political party in elections? Should we remove all the ones you don’t agree with?

Further to your point on weighted options. It’s a requirement when multiple options exist. The irony is you’re pushing for another option to be free standing, the contradiction here is clear for all to see, you’re a hypocrite.

If the top voted options haven’t got enough support to pass then you must agree the lowest supported option like save the money/ add to the pot certainly don’t. Again showing your bias here.

As for it ‘ending well’ we’re miles ahead of plan and the democratic process is working just fine so I’d say, as I have many times before, your viewpoint is completely evidence-less and it looks like it’ll be another point to go with the many others you’ve been wrong on.

So why big speech against saving money option, but not against pissy hand dryers? Which of the two is more considered?

btw... luvin it that you don't seem to care how bizarre your refusal to deal with the real wirld plays out.

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Better yet, don’t renew your season ticket or buy merchandise, think of the money you could contribute further to your savings pots. (Because obviously no one that pays into SMISA knows anything about saving for the future) 

In your opinion, what would happen if every SMISA member cancelled their membership today? You must be in the extreme minority of person that doesn’t think fan ownership is a good idea. 

You calling your fellow fans ‘stupid’ in supporting fan ownership yet you present no alternative. If a doctor advised you not to have a needed heart transplant then shrugged when you asked what to do instead, would you be all in? 

Why do i get this picture in my head reading the above?

IMG_1775.JPG

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So why big speech against saving money option, but not against pissy hand dryers? Which of the two is more considered?

btw... luvin it that you don't seem to care how bizarre your refusal to deal with the real wirld plays out.

I have given no big speech against saving the money. It's just not my preference and I also don't feel it will get close to a majority (could be wrong and if I am I'll be absolutely fine because democracy wins). The difference between you and me though is I have absolutely no issue with an idea I wouldn't personally support being an option. You are very much, your options or nothing. 

BTW - loving that you can't deny increased fan numbers = increased revenue.  

35 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I have given no big speech against saving the money. It's just not my preference and I also don't feel it will get close to a majority (could be wrong and if I am I'll be absolutely fine because democracy wins). The difference between you and me though is I have absolutely no issue with an idea I wouldn't personally support being an option. You are very much, your options or nothing. 

BTW - loving that you can't deny increased fan numbers = increased revenue.  

Not your big speech dumbo... Smisa's!

what increased fan numbers? Do you mean the old firm fans who get an extra stand because the chairman went back on his word, did not consult Smisa members, and kicked children and families out of their seats??? Thats not new, the old board f**ked the support around like that too!

seen how empty the family stand, panda club etc are these days when its not given over to sectarian hordes? Well down on last season.

Edited by Lord Pityme

37 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not your big speech dumbo... Smisa's!

what increased fan numbers? Do you mean the old firm fans who get an extra stand because the chairman went back on his word, did not consult Smisa members, and kicked children and families out of their seats??? Thats not new, the old board f**ked the support around like that too!

seen how empty the family stand, panda club etc are these days when its not given over to sectarian hordes? Well down on last season.

Ah so this is your point where paying SMISA members shouldn't be given weighted information to make an informed decision? It's okay for the positives to be outlined because it mirrors your view but not the constraints because it doesn't. Again proving you're a hypocrite.

No I am not talking about that in the slightest, you've went off on a tangent (as usual). I am talking about the reality where if SMISA voted schemes including children entertainment and marketing sponsorships generate more fan interest, that grows the club financially. If the children’s entertainment for example creates just one more lifelong fan, that is a financial benefit. Do you know how much the average season ticket holding St Mirren fan pays to the club over a lifetime? A wee clue, it isn't £0

As for the chairman going back on his words, hold a grudge much? His first time running a football club, he's going to make mistakes and errors. Can you imagine how long this message would be if I pointed out all the mistakes you'd made on this website alone? It would make war and peace look as short as your argument behind illegal activity at SMISA.

I haven't noticed any reduction in the family stand this season although I'm sure you'll be providing ample evidence on this (allowing for statistical analysis for fans that have moved to the other stands given the Celtic Rangers situation) 

Edited by bazil85

27 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

I don’t think there was ever a suggestion that the £2 spend had to be revenue generating. I’m quite happy with the choices they are giving us. Not everything has to be about making money.

Well said, I think it's clear LPM isn't overly concerned with the making money part though or indeed benefiting the community. His vendetta is against all things SMISA.

I'm sure many remember his shameful behaviour before Christmas when he threw morality and ‘goodwill to all men’ under the bus regarding SMISA going above and beyond to help the most vulnerable in our society get a hot meal on Christmas day. His view on funding that project went full 180 as soon as SMISA campaigned to help anyway they could.

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Empower yourself indeed

Far too much common sense Tom Keep reading we will have enough funds as the target for shares will be reached early so the monthly subscription continues to be saved. Bottom line is you never have enough funds saved members need to get that into their heads. How many times have we heard the board had to tap into personal funds. Do we not want to improve the club not stale-mate it. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Ah so this is your point where paying SMISA members shouldn't be given weighted information to make an informed decision? It's okay for the positives to be outlined because it mirrors your view but not the constraints because it doesn't. Again proving you're a hypocrite.

No I am not talking about that in the slightest, you've went off on a tangent (as usual). I am talking about the reality where if SMISA voted schemes including children entertainment and marketing sponsorships generate more fan interest, that grows the club financially. If the children’s entertainment for example creates just one more lifelong fan, that is a financial benefit. Do you know how much the average season ticket holding St Mirren fan pays to the club over a lifetime? A wee clue, it isn't £0

As for the chairman going back on his words, hold a grudge much? His first time running a football club, he's going to make mistakes and errors. Can you imagine how long this message would be if I pointed out all the mistakes you'd made on this website alone? It would make war and peace look as short as your argument behind illegal activity at SMISA.

I haven't noticed any reduction in the family stand this season although I'm sure you'll be providing ample evidence on this (allowing for statistical analysis for fans that have moved to the other stands given the Celtic Rangers situation) 

Re the bit in bold, it is £0 if you are a kid!

all these other posters opposing the party line must have you beelin!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Well said, I think it's clear LPM isn't overly concerned with the making money part though or indeed benefiting the community. His vendetta is against all things SMISA.

I'm sure many remember his shameful behaviour before Christmas when he threw morality and ‘goodwill to all men’ under the bus regarding SMISA going above and beyond to help the most vulnerable in our society get a hot meal on Christmas day. His view on funding that project went full 180 as soon as SMISA campaigned to help anyway they could.

Lol.... desperate times mean desperate measures eh? Btw is your name Dan? Second name Desperate...

49 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re the bit in bold, it is £0 if you are a kid!

all these other posters opposing the party line must have you beelin!

Ah so it’s not that you disagree, you simply misunderstand fully. I can’t make it much clearer so I’ll just type again in the hope it sinks in a second time (I have tried to highlight the important bit in bold). Do you know how much the average season ticket holding St Mirren fan pays to the club over a lifetime

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lol.... desperate times mean desperate measures eh? Btw is your name Dan? Second name Desperate...

Which part exactly isn’t true? The evidence is all there for people to see. You went off your nut at the thought of SMISA going above and beyond to try and help the most vulnerable in our society proving your aim is nothing to do with the community, it’s to undermine SMISA at every possible point.

Just now, bazil85 said:

Ah so it’s not that you disagree, you simply misunderstand fully. I can’t make it much clearer so I’ll just type again in the hope it sinks in a second time (I have tried to highlight the important bit in bold). Do you know how much the average season ticket holding St Mirren fan pays to the club over a lifetime

Still waiting for that ONE additional revenue scheme. If you agree there isnt one just say so, and Move on man. Alternatively keep letting people rip the pish if thats your thing.

our board are a bit like Theresa May, three years of nothing, then blame everyone else.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Still waiting for that ONE additional revenue scheme. If you agree there isnt one just say so, and Move on man. Alternatively keep letting people rip the pish if thats your thing.

our board are a bit like Theresa May, three years of nothing, then blame everyone else.

Yes or no, if sponsorship/ entertainment for children generates more fans through the door that increases our income stream? 

Feel free to define what you mean by additional revenue scheme... Some would say 'a scheme that generates more revenue' but clearly you disagree on that very clear definition. 

Edited by bazil85

Which part exactly isn’t true? The evidence is all there for people to see. You went off your nut at the thought of SMISA going above and beyond to try and help the most vulnerable in our society proving your aim is nothing to do with the community, it’s to undermine SMISA at every possible point.

Re in bold. The big bit there is no evidence for. Ha, ha, keep digging, keep digging.