Empowering the SMISA Membership to begin building for the future now.

Kombibuddie

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Are you suggesting the chairman didnt say he would consult smisa members before allocating an extra stand to the OF..?

if so you may wish to listen to all the other people in the room at those three meetings who witnessed it!

Again showing your incapability to let anything go re SMISA. GLS is a first time chairman and will make mistakes and learn on the way. Holding him ransom to a single interview from years ago is nothing short of pathetic. 

Can you imagine the requirement to debate with you was pointing out your mistakes on here first? Every response would be dozens of pages long. 

GLS may be a first time chairman (whatever that means) but he was on the board previously and ran his own company, he's not a daft laddy. 

However, if he continues to keep the blinkers on and beg at the big money tree and allow the followers of the all Ireland duo to do what they want in the ground, then he is risking alienating the people who turn up every second week.

Why would any person with a young child (or even without) even risk going to SMP if there was a chance one set of these fekin ejits is going to possibly set off / throw a firework in to the stand you occupy?

Answers on a postcard as I'm sure the club has more important things on their agenda - who's paying for a new tea urn?

31 minutes ago, melmac said:

GLS may be a first time chairman (whatever that means) but he was on the board previously and ran his own company, he's not a daft laddy. 

However, if he continues to keep the blinkers on and beg at the big money tree and allow the followers of the all Ireland duo to do what they want in the ground, then he is risking alienating the people who turn up every second week.

Why would any person with a young child (or even without) even risk going to SMP if there was a chance one set of these fekin ejits is going to possibly set off / throw a firework in to the stand you occupy?

Answers on a postcard as I'm sure the club has more important things on their agenda - who's paying for a new tea urn?

Because he was on the board before does that mean he’s allowed to make zero mistakes? 

I think people have to be realistic with this. The money is considerable, for a club our size it easily could be a couple of players, it could be the difference between top flight and not being in the top flight. If people would rather remove an element of competition from the club just because a couple hundred fans have to move seat for 3 or 4 games a season then fine. Keep pushing this, the club might well react. Better still, wait out the next few years then it’ll be a fan decision once BTB completes. 

What people do need to realise is putting them down to one stand isn’t a solution. What happened would still likely of happened. The difference being we’d have had likely 100s of their fans in the three home stands which has happened before. If you honestly think that’s safer then fine. 

1 hour ago, melmac said:

What the Lone Ranger fails to tell you is the chairman repeated that he would consultnsmisa members over giving away fans an extra stand at THREE btb meetings. His mistake was taking the members and support for mugs, and it will continue to cost the club!

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Because he was on the board before does that mean he’s allowed to make zero mistakes? 

I think people have to be realistic with this. The money is considerable, for a club our size it easily could be a couple of players, it could be the difference between top flight and not being in the top flight. If people would rather remove an element of competition from the club just because a couple hundred fans have to move seat for 3 or 4 games a season then fine. Keep pushing this, the club might well react. Better still, wait out the next few years then it’ll be a fan decision once BTB completes. 

What people do need to realise is putting them down to one stand isn’t a solution. What happened would still likely of happened. The difference being we’d have had likely 100s of their fans in the three home stands which has happened before. If you honestly think that’s safer then fine. 

Ah, the appeaser. You tell that to the first person who gets seriously injured - "look son, I know you lost your eye but do you know how much the Irish bretheren bring to the club?".

3 hours ago, melmac said:

Ah, the appeaser. You tell that to the first person who gets seriously injured - "look son, I know you lost your eye but do you know how much the Irish bretheren bring to the club?".

Again as I said above, the suggestion of putting them back down to one stand won’t stop the problem of the idiots that could cause injury. They’ll still be there, just we’ll have 100s in with our own fans as we’ve seen before. 

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What the Lone Ranger fails to tell you is the chairman repeated that he would consultnsmisa members over giving away fans an extra stand at THREE btb meetings. His mistake was taking the members and support for mugs, and it will continue to cost the club!

As I have said before, he made a mistake in saying it in an interview, a mistake you’re incapable of moving past. 

How is it costing the club exactly? This arrangement is generating money, don’t believe me look at average crowd numbers since we moved to the stadium. This season is by far the largest because of the arrangement. 

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

As I have said before, he made a mistake in saying it in an interview, a mistake you’re incapable of moving past. 

How is it costing the club exactly? This arrangement is generating money, don’t believe me look at average crowd numbers since we moved to the stadium. This season is by far the largest because of the arrangement. 

I see less and less St Mirren fans at the bigot games, i see famlies kicked out of seats they bought, and others refusing to buy a seat they dont get to sit in, i see explosives being thrown from the family stand as well as the away end, i hear of saints fans being assaulted outside the ground because there is no segregation, i hear vile racist, bigoted hatred. And the bit you keep trying to avoid that chairman repeated at each BtB meetings he would consult with smisa members before deciding on allocating an extra stand to away support.

then again he wasnt going to touch the members ringfenced funds.

yes it was a big f**king mistake that, as a deaf, dumb and blind man could have known it would come back to bite him on the arse big time! It has, and still there is no statement from the club.

Easily buy a couple of players?

Of Stubbs quality?

Show the maths!

Mistake, lie, misdirection, calculated decision to go back on what he said!

Any difference?

20 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The money is considerable, for a club our size it easily could be a couple of players,

Look we can all agree or disagree about this but can we all PLEASE stop trying to push this utter shite argument.

It is not going to be anywhere NEAR enough for two players - possibly not even one.

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Again as I said above, the suggestion of putting them back down to one stand won’t stop the problem of the idiots that could cause injury. They’ll still be there, just we’ll have 100s in with our own fans as we’ve seen before. 

That is a ridiculous argument because giving them two stands doesn't solve that problem either. You could give them 5000, 7000, 8000 tickets etc and they would still pretty much sell out their allocation and be looking for home end tickets.

Edited by oaksoft

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Look we can all agree or disagree about this but can we all PLEASE stop trying to push this utter shite argument.

It is not going to be anywhere NEAR enough for two players - possibly not even one.

Over the season 4 old firm games will easily buy pay for two players and mo.ey left over . Family stand 1,600 x 4 = 6,400.  6,400 x £27 = £172,800. Are you saying after costs there will not be enough for 2 players :lol:

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I see less and less St Mirren fans at the bigot games, i see famlies kicked out of seats they bought, and others refusing to buy a seat they dont get to sit in, i see explosives being thrown from the family stand as well as the away end, i hear of saints fans being assaulted outside the ground because there is no segregation, i hear vile racist, bigoted hatred. And the bit you keep trying to avoid that chairman repeated at each BtB meetings he would consult with smisa members before deciding on allocating an extra stand to away support.

then again he wasnt going to touch the members ringfenced funds.

yes it was a big f**king mistake that, as a deaf, dumb and blind man could have known it would come back to bite him on the arse big time! It has, and still there is no statement from the club.

Our average crowds this season at home are much higher than any previous season at this stadium. The board did not hide this was a financial decision and a difficult one at that. 

Yet again, none of the rest of what you have said would stop without taking away their full allocation and even at that, all that would happen is we would have 100s of their fans in with the home supporters, a bigger risk IMO. 

You just can’t get over you being in the minority over the ring fence can you? Oh well democracy won whether you like it or not. 

You would know about mistakes I suppose, you’re the undoubted king of them on here. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Easily buy a couple of players?

Of Stubbs quality?

Show the maths!

Mistake, lie, misdirection, calculated decision to go back on what he said!

Any difference?

Stubbs making an a*se of it is irrelevant to the fact it generates money.

I could do the maths for you but i’ll Just point you to my evidence. Go check average crowd numbers this season compared to any of the last 10 (even more than that actually) and you’ll see we have more bums on seats therefore more money. Then go look at average police costs (also been disclosed) and ticket pricing. A quick calculation will see that it easily equates to the money I have said, SP wage budgets have also been disclosed. 

I am not saying he didn’t make a mistake but as I said, it’s his first time in such a role. Is he not to be forgiven for it no? Oh to be perfect. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Of course it is. I pointed to my calculations but given the situation i’ll Just show people. These are reserved calculations that don’t take into account us being in a stronger catering cost negotiation position. 

1,200 extra fans at £20 (some will be kids which is less and adults which is more) 

£24,000 X 3 games 

£72,000 income. 

Police costs last season averaged roughly £4,500 per game but is weighted to bigger clubs and higher crowds, we would easily be lower end of the weight so again over estimate £3,000 per game. 

Income £63,000. Given players wages are tax deductible that could in theory be used for a salary. 

According to November 2018 our average player wage was. £46,117 a year. So as I’ve said between one and two players salaries. Or 3-4 of the players we signed in January. 

As for your other point on them still being in our stands. They didn’t sell out on Wednesday and even if they do it still reduces the numbers. Regardless my point isn’t this resolves the issue, it’s that giving them one stand only does not resolve it like people are suggesting. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Over the season 4 old firm games will easily buy pay for two players and mo.ey left over . Family stand 1,600 x 4 = 6,400.  6,400 x £27 = £172,800. Are you saying after costs there will not be enough for 2 players [emoji38]
We only get 3 games unless we make top 6.

Guest TPAFKATS

There seems to be a line of argument that we should give them 2 stands otherwise they would buy tickets in home end.
This is ludicrous as it just bends over and let's the OF do what they want. They have more than enough control in Scottish football without giving them any of the small amount we get to control.
Also, even with 2 stands they still buy tickets in the home end.

Stubbs making an a*se of it is irrelevant to the fact it generates money.

I could do the maths for you but i’ll Just point you to my evidence. Go check average crowd numbers this season compared to any of the last 10 (even more than that actually) and you’ll see we have more bums on seats therefore more money. Then go look at average police costs (also been disclosed) and ticket pricing. A quick calculation will see that it easily equates to the money I have said, SP wage budgets have also been disclosed. 

I am not saying he didn’t make a mistake but as I said, it’s his first time in such a role. Is he not to be forgiven for it no? Oh to be perfect. 

If you are confident, PROVE the point you so confidently state as fact...

Exactly how much profit (Profit, not income) is generated from giving away the Family Stand?

IoBS is good at quoting gross figures rather than profit... How much is this player pot then?

Edited to add... Just saw your post... You SURE those are ALL the deductions?

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Over the season 4 old firm games will easily buy pay for two players and mo.ey left over . Family stand 1,600 x 4 = 6,400.  6,400 x £27 = £172,800. Are you saying after costs there will not be enough for 2 players emoji38.png

We only get 3 games unless we make top 6.

Yea forgot about that. Cheers. 

58 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

If you are confident, PROVE the point you so confidently state as fact...

Exactly how much profit (Profit, not income) is generated from giving away the Family Stand?

IoBS is good at quoting gross figures rather than profit... How much is this player pot then?

Edited to add... Just saw your post... You SURE those are ALL the deductions?

As per my next post, yes I am sure. If you want it evidenced look up income laws in football. Paying wages is tax deductible (or clubs would be getting charged tax twice) 

youre also welcome to fact check the average attendance, police cost and average player wage. 

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Over the season 4 old firm games will easily buy pay for two players and mo.ey left over . Family stand 1,600 x 4 = 6,400.  6,400 x £27 = £172,800. Are you saying after costs there will not be enough for 2 players :lol:

I'm saying that you can't do arithmetic and I'm done trying to help you see that.

At least 4 others have tried to explain why your numbers are wrong.

There's only so much help one person can receive.

When we were last in the top flight we averaged 6300 or so for OF home games.

This season we averaged about 6800.

I have no idea where you are getting this extra 1200 fans from.

I’m saying that’s an estimate with giving the extra stand, the reason we took more last time we were in the SP was because we gave a big part of the West stand, something fans equally moaned about.

The debate is between given them one stand or two stands and what that income is, not one stand plus part of the West again.

We can debate that if you want but what’s the point? You’d still get the same St Moaners. 

I'm saying that you can't do arithmetic and I'm done trying to help you see that.

At least 4 others have tried to explain why your numbers are wrong.

There's only so much help one person can receive.

The arithmetic isn’t correct, that’s a fair comment. The actual figures will however be between one and two players. 

I believe you have said before you run your own business, you will surely therefor be able to confirm that salaries can be tax deductible against income streams? 

As per my next post, yes I am sure. If you want it evidenced look up income laws in football. Paying wages is tax deductible (or clubs would be getting charged tax twice) 
youre also welcome to fact check the average attendance, police cost and average player wage. 
Additional stewarding costs?

Lost income from fans staying away (I cost them £20 for two).

Reduced income from family stand season tickets!

Very obvious ones.

Did you choose to ignore them or are you showing your lack of knowledge?