Empowering the SMISA Membership to begin building for the future now.

Kombibuddie

As previously stated, we have 10 months to tweak/amend/change the proposal for Saving the Pot.

As I also explained, valuable intelligence was gained at the meeting from the Q&A held with the members who did attend the meeting. I met one fella in the pub later who was there, he told me he had voted for my proposal. If he was being honest, I can honestly tell you, he thought he had voted for the proposal. That may be an isolated case but, I watched how others reacted throughout the discussions and through the Q&A. Even before the vote, I acknowledged, perhaps some "rewording" was needed.

I will not submit a proposal for the sake of submitting it & hoping for the best. I'll look at it again purely because there was encouragement from within the room, from members who voted against it. I am not one for giving up at the 1st hurdle but will give it another go, if I think there is justification to do so.

Hopefully, others don't give up as easily as you are advocating.

As a side note and I know you like using the numbers to back up an argument,

26 of 1221 SMISA members attended the AGM. 2.13% of the membership

26 of 26 SMISA members voted in the Members Resolution Vote. 100% of those in attendance.

Now, back to them 2 stands that we needlessly give over to rankers & septic. For the benefit of St Mirren FC, It isn't worth the money There's a thought, offer up the SMISA 3 monthly spend to keep them in 1 stand only. sure fire winner.

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

As previously stated, we have 10 months to tweak/amend/change the proposal for Saving the Pot.

As I also explained, valuable intelligence was gained at the meeting from the Q&A held with the members who did attend the meeting. I met one fella in the pub later who was there, he told me he had voted for my proposal. If he was being honest, I can honestly tell you, he thought he had voted for the proposal. That may be an isolated case but, I watched how others reacted throughout the discussions and through the Q&A. Even before the vote, I acknowledged, perhaps some "rewording" was needed.

I will not submit a proposal for the sake of submitting it & hoping for the best. I'll look at it again purely because there was encouragement from within the room, from members who voted against it. I am not one for giving up at the 1st hurdle but will give it another go, if I think there is justification to do so.

Hopefully, others don't give up as easily as you are advocating.

As a side note and I know you like using the numbers to back up an argument,

26 of 1221 SMISA members attended the AGM. 2.13% of the membership

26 of 26 SMISA members voted in the Members Resolution Vote. 100% of those in attendance.

Now, back to them 2 stands that we needlessly give over to rankers & septic. For the benefit of St Mirren FC, It isn't worth the money There's a thought, offer up the SMISA 3 monthly spend to keep them in 1 stand only. sure fire winner.

It’s good to hear you won’t be pushing the same/ similar proposal again unless there is justification for it. My point is and always has been that there isn’t sufficient interest for it, NOT that there are massive amounts of people against it. Your percentages certainly back that up. Everyone could have proxy voted if they desired (as I did) 

The three month spend even taking out the value going back to pay for the ralston pitch wouldn’t likely cover the income. Even if we go by the most reserved calculations the arrangement is in the region of £50k a season before deductions and that’s if we go back to given them W6/7 a proposal that I think would cause all its own headaches. If we are discussing one stand to two, the income is reduced even more significantly  

besides, can you imagine that was a voting option? LPM would have a breakdown, we’d have another 10 ‘call to action’ posts from him, cry’s of Armageddon and announcements about his cancelled membership... 

Deflection technique. Even you must know what the word ‘definitely’ means... 
I accuse you of deflection...
a few posts later you start accusing me of deflection.

I point out your lies...
a few posts later you start accusing me of lies.

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Glad you want to be like me!
Much better than staying like that!

Still not even acknowledged the direct quote highlighting your lie that you asked for and I kindly supplied!

Quell surprise!

Go on..

Just for Easter... If nothing new to say... Disappear for three days and I promise you lots of celebration! P

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I accuse you of deflection...
a few posts later you start accusing me of deflection.

I point out your lies...
a few posts later you start accusing me of lies.

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Glad you want to be like me!
Much better than staying like that!

Still not even acknowledged the direct quote highlighting your lie that you asked for and I kindly supplied!

Quell surprise!

Go on..

Just for Easter... If nothing new to say... Disappear for three days and I promise you lots of celebration! P

I show where you have deflected, you can’t show where I have. 

- refusal to answer my questions 

I show you where you have lied, you can’t show where I have 

- definitely your last post

- me favouring Rangers 

- me changing goal posts 

- the claim itself that I have lied 

what quote have you provided? I must have missed it. Fell free to share again, I won’t hold my breath 

I show where you have deflected, you can’t show where I have. 
- refusal to answer my questions 
I show you where you have lied, you can’t show where I have 
- definitely your last post
- me favouring Rangers 
- me changing goal posts 
- the claim itself that I have lied 
what quote have you provided? I must have missed it. Fell free to share again, I won’t hold my breath 
Please do... For about 30 minutes! [emoji23]

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

He has a clear vendetta against SMISA, just need to look at some of the nonsense he’s posted before. 

With respect, I don't think any of us on here need the likes of you trying to manipulate us by "interpreting" the words of others.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He has a clear vendetta against SMISA, just need to look at some of the nonsense he’s posted before. 

You gotta laugh, innit?

Meaning of Vendetta: a prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone.

its got a picture of Baz next to the meaning in the Oxford English. Dunmo why?

Why is Smisa silent on this subject?
What subject do you mean?

There's 2 discussions going on.

Resolution Proposal? SMISA opposed it & counter argued.

2 stands to Rangers & Celtic?
Being the majority shareholder, GLS will get his way on that. His majority shareholding will trump SMISA' 39%.
If the SMISA rep on the board thinks differently to GLS, he could offer up his opinion but, that's all it would be, an opinion.

9 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

What subject do you mean?

There's 2 discussions going on.

Resolution Proposal? SMISA opposed it & counter argued.

2 stands to Rangers & Celtic?
Being the majority shareholder, GLS will get his way on that. His majority shareholding will trump SMISA' 39%.
If the SMISA rep on the board thinks differently to GLS, he could offer up his opinion but, that's all it would be, an opinion.

But surely SMISA should have some sort of opinion on this?

But surely SMISA should have some sort of opinion on this?
I agree.

They gave their opinion at the AGM on the proposal.

If you mean their opinion on giving 2 stands to rangers & celtic, I am sure the SMISA rep will have done so at a SMFC BoD Meeting. You would need to ask through their contact email.

SMISA don't post on this forum some reasons are understandable as they won't keep everyone happy all of the time.

When I have something I want a SMISA response for, i email them & they usually get back to me in a few days or so.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, Lord Pityme said:

You gotta laugh, innit?

Meaning of Vendetta: a prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone.

its got a picture of Baz next to the meaning in the Oxford English. Dunmo why?

I have continuously supported SMISA & SMFC in difficult decisions and in the case of BTB, democratic decisions. Is that part of the meaning of vendetta? 

• 2 weeks later...

SMISA AGM report
As mentioned in our previous update, we held our annual general meeting in Paisley town centre on March 30 and would like to thank all members who attended.

Member Graeme Aitken spoke about his proposed Special Resolution that would have included an option on the quarterly £2 ballot for the money to be banked to be used once SMISA becomes majority owners of the club.

The resolution was defeated by 25 votes (including nine by proxy) to 12 (one by proxy). We are grateful to Graeme for taking the time to travel from London to present his case.

Either someone's lying or SMISA have made a mistake with the figures. [emoji849]
My reading of it is that there were 27 votes cast at the meeting and 10 proxy votes.

Seems about right.

I thought the SMISA board and their family/friends voted as a block against it on the day and were not part of the voting by proxy, but I could be mistaken.

9 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

SMISA AGM report
As mentioned in our previous update, we held our annual general meeting in Paisley town centre on March 30 and would like to thank all members who attended.

Member Graeme Aitken spoke about his proposed Special Resolution that would have included an option on the quarterly £2 ballot for the money to be banked to be used once SMISA becomes majority owners of the club.

The resolution was defeated by 25 votes (including nine by proxy) to 12 (one by proxy). We are grateful to Graeme for taking the time to travel from London to present his case.

Either someone's lying or SMISA have made a mistake with the figures. emoji849.png

Interesting, I did think there would be more than one proxy vote in favour. I was one of the proxy votes against but I'm also a bit surprised there was as many as nine. .