Empowering the SMISA Membership to begin building for the future now.

Kombibuddie

7 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Unfortunately, you hark on about "less than 1%" but fail to acknowledge only 2% voted against it.

But that doesn't suit your argument.

I've voiced my opinion on it a couple of times now.
Your perseverance is akin to a war of attrition hence, the groundhog day.

Me & a couple of others disagree with you on this. Let's see what the next couple of votes throw up and we will go from there.

Where have I ‘harked on’ about the 1% and ignored the 2%? Those (rough) figures are statements of fact, the important point (IMO) is the far larger numbers that don’t care. Again why I have said you don’t understand because it’s nothing to do with the people that voted (for or against) 

so is that you confirming you’re going to try Theresa May this? :lol: fair enough, that’s your call, I think SMISA would be within their right to say ‘now is not the time’ for another vote if there is no changed appetite. 

We know for sure you have lost at least one vote given LPM threw his toys because people didn’t vote the way he wanted...

Where have I ‘harked on’ about the 1% and ignored the 2%? Those (rough) figures are statements of fact, the important point (IMO) is the far larger numbers that don’t care. Again why I have said you don’t understand because it’s nothing to do with the people that voted (for or against) 
so is that you confirming you’re going to try Theresa May this? [emoji38] fair enough, that’s your call, I think SMISA would be within their right to say ‘now is not the time’ for another vote if there is no changed appetite. 
We know for sure you have lost at least one vote given LPM threw his toys because people didn’t vote the way he wanted...
Stop being such a masterbaiter!

Every feckin thread you get involved in turns the same way... Gets your same spin, and ends up repetitive shite with an added twist every post, denial and accusations galore that others just don't get it but you are totally right!

Geez peace!
Haud yer wheesht!
Stop posting!
(Clear enough?)

34 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

We don't know for sure. emoji50.png

Remember LPM has been asked for actual proof he sanctioned someone with his proxy, and no actual proof was presented for all to see. 🤔

I’m reluctant to believe someone who’s been caught out lying on here many times tbh. Sounds like another one of his unfounded conspiracy theories 

30 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Stop being such a masterbaiter!

Every feckin thread you get involved in turns the same way... Gets your same spin, and ends up repetitive shite with an added twist every post, denial and accusations galore that others just don't get it but you are totally right!

Geez peace!
Haud yer wheesht!
Stop posting!
(Clear enough?)

Is that you saying I’m not allowed an opinion? :rolleyes:

we’re having  an open and honest debate about whether or not a vote next year would be appropriate. If people think I’m being repetitive then they can stop responding to me, I’m not making them.

It seems like you’re incapable of letting me have a conversation on here without getting involved, obsessed :lol:  

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Where have I ‘harked on’ about the 1% and ignored the 2%?

Throughout this thread. It has almost become your stock answer.

Anyways, now you think I'll be doing a Theresa May and resubmitting regardless despite stating a few tomes, I'll see how things develop and if there is any encouragement between now and then, will consider resubmitting. I am not saying I will and I am not saying I won't.  But we will see how things pan out between now and then.

10 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Throughout this thread. It has almost become your stock answer.

Anyways, now you think I'll be doing a Theresa May and resubmitting regardless despite stating a few tomes, I'll see how things develop and if there is any encouragement between now and then, will consider resubmitting. I am not saying I will and I am not saying I won't.  But we will see how things pan out between now and then.

For the avoidance of doubt, my comments about the very low for count is a statement of fact but it’s a statement of fact against the overall member numbers.  Such a members proposition with a low voters turnout (for and against) in my opinion shouldn’t be represented unless a material change in interest is noted. That’s it, I am not ignoring the 2% for in the slightest. 

As for your consideration point 

‘Since that is the case, that 30% only needs to get a wee bit more than double & it could be job done.’ 

this is the source of my concern that you seem to think if you can ‘a bit more than double’ the interest you’ll think that’s grounds for representing. That’s your choice and that’s fine, I won’t change my mind that I don’t think that’s appropriate & if SMISA can, they should throw out a second vote on those grounds. 

27 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Someone appears to be really scared of a democratic organisation allowing it's members to have a democratic vote.

Don't be, trust the members. We've done alright so far, haven't we?

Not at all, I’ve been possibly the biggest advocate of it on here. When many others have thrown their toys, cancelled memberships and publicly tried to shame SMISA because votes haven’t went their way I have stood by democracy. 

I’ll put my concerns to you in a direct question. Given the very low voting numbers this year, do you think it would be prudent to repeat the same (or very similar) proposal next year if all the evidence pointed to similarly small voting turnout? 

As I have said before, it that changes and suggestion is we’ll get hundred engaged (I appreciate it’ll never be full numbers or likely even a majority based on 3 month votes) then fill your boots 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’ll put my concerns to you in a direct question. Given the very low voting numbers this year, do you think it would be prudent to repeat the same (or very similar) proposal next year if all the evidence pointed to similarly small voting turnout? 

You certainly have an interesting habit of obsessing over completely irrelevant statistical points.

What on earth does voting numbers have to do with proposed policy?

What a ridiculous constraint to ask Kombie to adhere to.

The only thing which matters is whether he can get enough votes to win.

That's it.

Period.

If you don't like it, stand for election to SMISA.

Can you imagine Westminster stopping all legislation until they can be sure enough people can drag their fat arses away from Coronation Street to vote? Nothing would ever get done. 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

41 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You certainly have an interesting habit of obsessing over completely irrelevant statistical points.

What on earth does voting numbers have to do with proposed policy?

What a ridiculous constraint to ask Kombie to adhere to.

The only thing which matters is whether he can get enough votes to win.

That's it.

Period.

If you don't like it, stand for election to SMISA.

Can you imagine Westminster stopping all legislation until they can be sure enough people can drag their fat arses away from Coronation Street to vote? Nothing would ever get done. 🤣

Eh? What are you talking about, we had the vote, we have the result. My point is if there is no material change, can we justify another vote? IMO no, other peoples opinion is different and that’s fine. 

Its very strange that so many on here refuse to let me have opinions on so many topics... 

if you think it’s right to Theresa May this and keep going back until you and others get the answer they want, fine. Unfortunately for you I’m allowed to disagree. :rolleyes:

Eh? What are you talking about, we had the vote, we have the result. My point is if there is no material change, can we justify another vote? IMO no, other peoples opinion is different and that’s fine. 
Its very strange that so many on here refuse to let me have opinions on so many topics... 
if you think it’s right to Theresa May this and keep going back until you and others get the answer they want, fine. Unfortunately for you I’m allowed to disagree. :rolleyes:
Which rule says another vote cannot be taken if a proposal by a member is put forward?

Justified or not, trust me, your opinion matters not one iota other than the strength of one vote.

If course, show me the rule and I might take you seriously! [emoji14]

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Which rule says another vote cannot be taken if a proposal by a member is put forward?

Justified or not, trust me, your opinion matters not one iota other than the strength of one vote.

If course, show me the rule and I might take you seriously! emoji14.png

There are no rules that say that and you’ll notice I never claimed there was.

Again my opinion is it wouldn’t be in the best interest of an overwhelming majority that aren’t showing interest in a change. At no point did I comment on the actual regulation behind it. 

My opinion means as much as anyone’s on this opinion forum. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Who is stopping you having an opinion?

I don't see anyone doing that.

What I DO see is you being challenged by almost everyone on every topic you post on.
Maybe you've confused the two.
Can you name me a single other poster who has backed you on anything in the last two months?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

My opinion means as much as anyone’s on this opinion forum. :rolleyes:

In what sense?

All opinions are not of equal weight.

Are you seriously trying to claim they are?

An opinion backed by relevant facts is worth a lot more than anything you've ever posted.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Who is stopping you having an opinion?

I don't see anyone doing that.

What I DO see is you being challenged by almost everyone on every topic you post on.
Maybe you've confused the two.
Can you name me a single other poster who has backed you on anything in the last two months?

I think it’s fair to say a number of posters have gotten their back-up with my posts. BEK as probably the best example. I think that has led to a view that anything I post is to be contradicted. 

It seemed to calm down a bit after GLS confirmed I was right that the two stand arrangement = a significant increase in income (10% player budget) and hadn’t greatly impacted crowds (some close to record attendances figures this season) 

Separately my opinion is a members resolution that got less than a 3% response this year shouldn’t be represented again unless there’s a material change. You and others disagree with that enough to continually respond to me, that in itself is fine but It won’t change my opinion & none of you are posting new material that might influence my opinion so what’s the point in continually responding to me if it’s not taken issue with that opinion? 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In what sense?

All opinions are not of equal weight.

Are you seriously trying to claim they are?

An opinion backed by relevant facts is worth a lot more than anything you've ever posted.

Opinions and statements of fact are different things or do you disagree? 

The two stand agreement has been financially beneficial to the club this season - fact, it’s backed with evidence that its resulted in a 10% increase in player budget 

the two stand agreement is beneficial to SMFC for long-term growth due to a continued financial benefit - opinion. 

The two stand agreement is not beneficial to SMFC for long-term growth as it may deter youngsters and families long-term - opinion. 

The first opinion is backed with the finances for this year and based on assumption it would continue, the second is backed by speculation that fans might stop turning up  

However my opinion is they’re both equally okay to hold. Would you consider two people with these opposing opinions not equals? :blink:

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Opinions and statements of fact are different things or do you disagree? 

Why don't you just stick to answering my point instead of completely ignoring it and re-framing the question?

It's this sort of thing which annoys people.

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think it’s fair to say a number of posters have gotten their back-up with my posts. BEK as probably the best example. I think that has led to a view that anything I post is to be contradicted. 

Yes, none of us can think for ourselves.

You've got us pegged right there.

Nothing at all to do with the utter stupidity of your arguments, your shifting of goalposts, your manipulation of people's posts and your unwillingness to answer the question asked of you.

Sigh!

Edited by oaksoft

Why don't you just stick to answering my point instead of completely ignoring it and re-framing the question?

It's this sort of thing which annoys people.

To answer your question I think anyone is entitled to an opinion that they can back up and justify. If someone is given an unfounded “opinion” that’s contradicted by facts then it isn’t really an opinion, they’re just saying something incorrect. 

Yes, none of us can think for ourselves.

You've got us pegged right there.

Nothing at all to do with the utter stupidity of your arguments, your shifting of goalposts, your manipulation of people's posts and your unwillingness to answer the question asked of you.

Sigh!

So is there anything I have said since the two stand debate that you agree with or can at least see the validity? 

Also feel free to point out: 

stupidity in my arguments 

where I have moved goalposts 

where I have manipulated any persons post. 

Where I haven’t answered a question (see previous post) 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

To answer your question I think anyone is entitled to an opinion that they can back up and justify. If someone is given an unfounded “opinion” that’s contradicted by facts then it isn’t really an opinion, they’re just saying something incorrect. 

Yeah you see you've not really addressed the point I raised which was that not all opinions are of equal weight.

Is that because you won't or because you can't?

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So is there anything I have said since the two stand debate that you agree with or can at least see the validity? 

Also feel free to point out: 

stupidity in my arguments 

where I have moved goalposts 

where I have manipulated any persons post. 

Where I haven’t answered a question (see previous post) 

No. I can't think of a single point you have made anywhere which I can agree with.

As for the rest of your points, I've given clear examples going back nearly a month.

I'm not going to re-hash old posts. You know fine well what I have had issues with regarding your debating technique.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah you see you've not really addressed the point I raised which was that not all opinions are of equal weight.

Is that because you won't or because you can't?

Read my comment I did, I addressed it adequately thank you. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No. I can't think of a single point you have made anywhere which I can agree with.

As for the rest of your points, I've given clear examples going back nearly a month.

I'm not going to re-hash old posts. You know fine well what I have had issues with regarding your debating technique.

I haven’t commented on much recently so i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you might not have seen much, however to make a ‘no’ claim I assume you must have seen a few. You are welcome to clarify but in a nutshell and summarising: 

- over 97% of a voting population not being interested in a change to an arrangement they signed up for does not merit changing said arrangement. 

- OK has overseen a substantial change in player personnel this season & him getting us in this position is a great achievement for him 

- OK has gotten more out of players like Flynn & McGinn than Stubbs 

- if Dundee are allowed to go into administration for the third (or fourth) time it’s ridiculous 

- LPM repeats the same regurgitated nonsense far too often 

- BEK comments practically every time I join a conversation 

as for the ‘rest of your points’ no you haven’t. You are one of a shortlist of people that have accused me of ‘moving goalposts’ ‘lying’ and contradicting myself that under challenge have folded like a deck chair.  

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

For the avoidance of doubt, my comments about the very low for count is a statement of fact but it’s a statement of fact against the overall member numbers.  Such a members proposition with a low voters turnout (for and against) in my opinion shouldn’t be represented unless a material change in interest is noted. That’s it, I am not ignoring the 2% for in the slightest. 

3% of the membership voted, that is a fact. That is effectively where the change in interest will come from. We don't need to wait for a significant number of the remaining 97% to become active

You may not like that, but that is the fact of the matter.

As I've said before, we'll see how things go.

FWIW... I've always felt any unspent monies should be kept for the buy-out - not spent on whatever the latest whim is, nor indeed, to do things that should already be being done by a BUSINESS/club in the SPFL.

If I'd known then what I now know, Kombi would also have had my proxy vote.

His ideas are far from those of a Norwegian Blue parrot...