Empowering the SMISA Membership to begin building for the future now.

Kombibuddie

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

A bizarre fantasy of a post, rambling and irrelevant, but pretty much in line with what you've claimed throughout these threads over the last month.

My main objection to the arrangement has always been the lack of evidence that it makes a significant financial impact - as has been mentioned previously :1eye a total of just 855 extra fans over the three OF games compared to the last equivalent season 2011/12 - keep digging!. 

The difference between us is that I can actually remember what was posted last month! :byebye

Someone with full access to the clubs financial position is all the evidence I need thank you. However it doesn’t take a rocket science to do some rough calculations on ticket prices vs punters (one stand vs two which is my preferred comparison, onus is on you to show a post where I literally said I’ve changed my mind, you’ve tried desperately and failed so far) 

you think GLS is lying to us, that’s fine, that’s your opinion. My opinion is he’s not and I don’t have to agree with you, why is it so important to you that I do? 

So when you asked how my team were getting on Sunday and that you were ‘surprised’ I was posting at that time you weren’t hinting at a team I support was currently playing? When you mentioned a flute in a previous post you weren’t hunting at a team commonly associated with said instrument? Spin away :thumbs2
How you interpret it is obviously your problem crybaby.
[emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]

38 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

How you interpret it is obviously your problem crybaby.
emoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.png

So to clarify in another straight question. At no point have you been hinting I support another club and I have misinterpreted your comment about flutes and other clubs playing? 

Just so I’m clear you’re admitting to spinning comments. Clearly can’t still have an issue with the word ‘few’ I assume :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Don't know the best way to word this but how about this for a option

ie

New Balls - 24%

Hand Driers - 22%

Community project - 23%

Save for future pot - 18%

Save for after buy out - 13%

The combined save total wins as its total is 31% and as the future pot total has more votes It goes to that.

Thoughts?

I can see the reasoning but it’s very skewed. Could argue from the alternative point.

Club benefits total 46% so are the highest combined, new balls win because it’s got 24% 

this is part of why I don’t like standing options, it dilutes the vote too much (just an opinion)

personally in that hypothetical I would do a second vote between community and new balls as the two highest returns. 

So to clarify in another straight question. At no point have you been hinting I support another club and I have misinterpreted your comment about flutes and other clubs playing? 
Just so I’m clear you’re admitting to spinning comments. Clearly can’t still have an issue with the word ‘few’ I assume :rolleyes:
Let it go crybaby! [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]
You have whined enough and people are now trying to have a sensible conversation!

Not like you to be the first to diss it though!

Don't know the best way to word this but how about this for a option

ie

New Balls - 24%
Hand Driers - 22%
Community project - 23%

The combined save total wins as its total is 31% and as the future pot total has more votes It goes to that.

Thoughts?

I like your thinking but for once Baz actually has a point... You could make a case for adding the top three together if doing that with the last two.

Easily rectified with a minor tweek though...

Have an option along the lines of...

Save The Pot...

If Saved...

For future Pot...
Till Club is owned...

That would look something like...

New Balls - 24%
Hand Driers - 22%
Community project - 23%
Save the pot - 31%

Save the pot votes as follows...

The money will therefore be saved for a future pot.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Let it go crybaby! emoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.pngemoji22.png
You have whined enough and people are now trying to have a sensible conversation!

Not like you to be the first to diss it though!

With side steps like yours we could use you on Thursday in one of the wide positions :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

I like your thinking but for once Baz actually has a point... You could make a case for adding the top three together if doing that with the last two.

Save The Pot...

If Saved...

For future Pot...
Till Club is owned...

New Balls - 24%
Hand Driers - 22%
Community project - 23%
Save the pot - 31%

God we can’t be agreeing on things this is ridiculous! But if that was the way they did the vote it would be fair enough. 

Devils advocate there is still a further step that could be put in. If there was an overarching ‘save the money’ option, should there be an overarching ‘money to the club’ option with the save the balls/ hand dryers underneath?  

God we can’t be agreeing on things this is ridiculous! But if that was the way they did the vote it would be fair enough. 
Devils advocate there is still a further step that could be put in. If there was an overarching ‘save the money’ option, should there be an overarching ‘money to the club’ option with the save the balls/ hand dryers underneath?  
Feel free to make that proposal at the next AGM! [emoji12]

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Save The Pot...

If Saved...

For future Pot...
Till Club is owned...

New Balls - 24%
Hand Driers - 22%
Community project - 23%
Save the pot - 31%

That's how the Brexit referendum should have been done.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Others seem to disagree with you on that and think whenever I look at a hypothetical it automatically becomes my debating position :lol:

Errrr that's exactly what I was saying.

You are TERRIBLE at interpreting others words.

Edited by oaksoft

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Errrr that's exactly what I was saying.

You are TERRIBLE at interpreting others words.

We know that’s your debating technique, say something vague enough that you can then claim you meant something else. 

Hypothetical situation analysis does not mean the person discussing it starts to think that is the best situation. For example I’ve just given my thoughts on that hypothetical vote, I still don’t think it’s best to have that many options on a vote. 

My point again proven. :thumbs2

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We know that’s your debating technique, say something vague enough that you can then claim you meant something else. 

Hypothetical situation analysis does not mean the person discussing it starts to think that is the best situation. For example I’ve just given my thoughts on that hypothetical vote, I still don’t think it’s best to have that many options on a vote. 

My point again proven. :thumbs2

On a more serious note, congratulations on your publishing deal by the way.

Not an easy thing to secure.

Respect.

spintowin.png

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On a more serious note, congratulations on your publishing deal by the way.

Not an easy thing to secure.

Respect.

spintowin.png

Yawn, against my better judgement i’ve Scrolled back. Let’s see if it’ll be a hands up and admit you’re wrong or a wee spin from yourself. :rolleyes:

ladies and gents, why I compared a different scenario, absolutely nothing to do with changing my view. 

C46CD2B1-4E20-4937-92D8-801D8EAD6514.png

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Well that was close...
We very nearly got the thread back on topic.
I don't suppose the others would join me in declaring a truce for the sake of other posters sanity?

I won’t with anyone that’s unfoundedly calling me a liar. 

Save The Pot...

If Saved...

For future Pot...
Till Club is owned...

New Balls - 24%
Hand Driers - 22%
Community project - 23%
Save the pot - 31%

I don't like that idea
I love it.
🤣🤣.

I'm away to my work now [emoji2]

Well who would have believed it, all they had to do was ask me how to run a referendum. [emoji16]

I'm not going to take all the credit though, thanks must go to Kombi for giving me the initial idea and of course to Bazil and BiEK. Because if they hadn't went on and on and on I wouldn't have been so bored senseless and thought it up eventually. [emoji23]
Think how good your proposal will be when you have had another 8 months of campaigning err, i meant debate.[emoji33] [emoji33]

39 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
42 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Would you still love it if they combined club benefit votes together as well as save the pot benefits? 

Has there been more than one "club" benefit voting proposal on the same quarterly vote?

Yeah not every time but for example hand dryers and academy goals. Ultimately they’re both money to the club for an expense. 

Again I think this is hypothetical anyway. Need to remember it’s still reliant on some voters changing from give the club the money (pretty much always the popular) to one of the two save options. Likely outcome is it’ll just split the minority that want to save the money. 

Good and fair thinking though.