International Fitba

TPAFKA Jersey 2

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes that’s right re the format, although you can’t say Bulgaria will step up for sure, as they may qualify themselves of course. Essentially the final participants in the play off are unknown until after the qualifiers, unless; all 4 currently in situ fail to qualify through the groups.

On your second point, I agree with the short memories thing as the NL proved that we were capable of coming out on top in a group of our peers. However, there is no disguising or excusing how utterly horrific that result and more importantly performance was in Kazakhstan.

Agree with all of this.

The Kazakh result was diabolical and the defending for all three goals was shambolic. Bad games happen, but in his one competitive group so far, McLeish led us to 3 wins from 4 matches against sides of similar ability. I’m not his biggest fan but calls for him to go are unnecessary right now.

Bloody Strachan still defending Eck by saying we dont have Premier League players

Eh - neither do Iceland, NI, ROI, and about another 116 countries I could mention.............

Fact is McLeish is useless, the SFA are useless and because of those factors so are we.................. thats it

St Mirren would thrash Scotland

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Bloody Strachan still defending Eck by saying we dont have Premier League players

Eh - neither do Iceland, NI, ROI, and about another 116 countries I could mention.............

Fact is McLeish is useless, the SFA are useless and because of those factors so are we.................. thats it

St Mirren would thrash Scotland

Strachan being clever here as in defending McLeish he's also defending himself.

19 hours ago, herman_munster said:

Do we wait for mcleish to make a cùnt of it against cyprus and belgium?

Two games in june when players want to be on their holibags, is mcleish

capable of lifting these players?

By the time these games roll round the bulk of the squad will not have 

played for five or six weeks so the chances of mcleish managing this

is practically nil, he made a rip roaring c**t of it this last few days

and chances are he will do so again in june, so is he holding on for a

pay off knowing he's going to get sacked and will struggle to get

another gig?

how the SFA justify their salaries is beyond me. They sack a manager, unbeaten in 6 games, they arrange the stupidest fixtures just to ensure the new guy starts off on the worst possible footing, and they also pick a man they must knew 50% would never accept.......

Do nothing against the Bigot Brothers yet fine Clyde.............

Point is, its our top that rotten and shit flows downhill

Bet any team that gets us in Nations Play Off must be rubbing their hands

SFA =Scottish Failure Again

Was at the game in San Marino and have noticed a few issues;

A - the support 

Seem to enjoy being shite, love moaning about how shite we are - about 20 mins into the game the booing started, and didn't stop... just pure poison going towards every Scotland player. Best fans in the world my ar*e

B - the team

Now that we've secured a playoff spot, we've got no realistic hope of winning the group anyway. Players feart that they will take a knock, especially on a plastic pitch or dodgy playing surface. Seemed to be no real plan, defenders moving out to play someone offside but the other one doesn't move etc

C - the gaffer

Not sure if Alex McLeish has early forms of dementia , but seems to be losing the plot. Feel sorry for the guy but he seems to be struggling, especially watching his interviews. "We played well the first 20 mins in Kazakhstan", no Alex, we were 2-0 down. San Marino they were clear as day - playing out from the back, no instructions came to press them on it. The 2 fullbacks were able to sit in with zero pressure.

D - the SFA 

Most telling thing for me, they couldn't/wouldn't stump up the cash for Michael O'Neill. Northern Ireland pay a better salary than Scotland do. How much are the top guys at the SFA being paid? How much are fans paying for tickets? Need to strip it out and start again. Malky Mackay another disaster of an appointment. "Project Brave" :lol:

59 minutes ago, Doakes said:

A - the support 

Seem to enjoy being shite, love moaning about how shite we are - about 20 mins into the game the booing started, and didn't stop... just pure poison going towards every Scotland player. Best fans in the world my ar*e

B - the team

Now that we've secured a playoff spot, we've got no realistic hope of winning the group anyway. Players feart that they will take a knock, especially on a plastic pitch or dodgy playing surface. Seemed to be no real plan, defenders moving out to play someone offside but the other one doesn't move etc

C - the gaffer

Not sure if Alex McLeish has early forms of dementia , but seems to be losing the plot. Feel sorry for the guy but he seems to be struggling, especially watching his interviews. "We played well the first 20 mins in Kazakhstan", no Alex, we were 2-0 down. San Marino they were clear as day - playing out from the back, no instructions came to press them on it. The 2 fullbacks were able to sit in with zero pressure.

D - the SFA 

Most telling thing for me, they couldn't/wouldn't stump up the cash for Michael O'Neill. Northern Ireland pay a better salary than Scotland do. How much are the top guys at the SFA being paid? How much are fans paying for tickets? Need to strip it out and start again. Malky Mackay another disaster of an appointment. "Project Brave" :lol:

100% agree with B, C & D.

On point A, are you suggesting that the fans don't have a right to voice their displeasure. The chants coming through on telly were clearly "f**k the SFA" and "Sack the Board" etc etc. And yes there was audible booing at half time, full time and on the odd occasion where San Marino made it into our final third.

Jesus Christ, one minute the fans are being accused of being a bunch of pishheids who don't give a f**k about the fitba and only go for the party, to now being accused of being nasty boo boys. I wish folk would make up their minds what they want.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

100% agree with B, C & D.

On point A, are you suggesting that the fans don't have a right to voice their displeasure. The chants coming through on telly were clearly "f**k the SFA" and "Sack the Board" etc etc. And yes there was audible booing at half time, full time and on the odd occasion where San Marino made it into our final third.

Jesus Christ, one minute the fans are being accused of being a bunch of pishheids who don't give a f**k about the fitba and only go for the party, to now being accused of being nasty boo boys. I wish folk would make up their minds what they want.

I can assure you it was more than sack the board and "f*ck the SFA"

I'm a massive Scotland fan but that's the least supportive Scotland crowd I've ever seen. If it was a Xth minute protest against the SFA fair enough, but to boo them the whole game was f**king horrendous

Edited by Doakes

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

A - the support 

B - the team

C - the gaffer

D - the SFA 

Good post, however is A not a result of B.C and D

The Kamakazi result was a disgrace and it impacted the San Marino game

McLeish was about 3rd or 4th choice- like Brexit. Engagement with no plan

Also any manager would have complained about South America just after season had finished

The SFA dont seem to grasp that the only way they will make money is to invest to qualify. McLeish is just the small part of this.................... we have had some al fannies in charge for Decades and its taken its toll, Ernie, Farry , and the poser Gordon

We did a McLeish report 15 years ago, what happened there?

We have a 1 team league, and at the other end more leagues surviving on a shrinking pot................ Scottish football still has a long way to fall but even under Vogts we got to one game of the Euros...........................................

We have ok players but a terrible management structure- James McFayden ??? FFS

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

A - the support 

In isolation, it might seem bad - but the reality is that this has been brewing for 20 years. 

SFA incompetence, taking the fans for granted, poor managerial appointments. Add in players that just don't seem to care that much - judging by call offs, retirements and performances. 

You may not have seen the highlights show (since you were over there) but Michael Stewart was spot on. The warning signs were there - the Israel result and performance last year was awful. Topping our Nations League group with dreadful opposition only served to paper over the cracks and allow the SFA to continue with their poor, cheap appointment. 

As for best fans in the world tag - it's a long standing bit of PR that doesn't stand up to much scrutiny really. I certainly don't think the reputation suffers by justifiably venting displeasure at the SFA powers. 

The only time I've seen it happen previously was in Moldova (Vogts last game). Just like that occasion - the events should see a change of manager, but I won't hold my breath.

Watching the England game last night, and as someone else said - they were a joy to watch. Fair enough that they are a nation 10x the size of us and squad full of EPL players but it's like they're playing an actual different sport from us. Depressing. 

Another thing is England players are all belting out GSTQ at the anthems. For years and years now the majority of our players don't seem bothered at anthems. If we were competing, winning games and thumping opposition minnows then I wouldn't question it - but that's not the case. From the outside looking in, it looks like the players don't have much pride in the cause or the country. It's as if Scotland isn't cool.

Historically we'd have argued that we were more passionate than England - but it's simply not the case any more. Not even close.  

Lack of national pride, lack of self-belief and the strangling of our national game - by the OF domestically and by Sky/TV/EPL externally - and then you've got the clowns that are actually compounding all that with crap decisions. 

Joy! 

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

In isolation, it might seem bad - but the reality is that this has been brewing for 20 years. 

SFA incompetence, taking the fans for granted, poor managerial appointments. Add in players that just don't seem to care that much - judging by call offs, retirements and performances. 

You may not have seen the highlights show (since you were over there) but Michael Stewart was spot on. The warning signs were there - the Israel result and performance last year was awful. Topping our Nations League group with dreadful opposition only served to paper over the cracks and allow the SFA to continue with their poor, cheap appointment. 

As for best fans in the world tag - it's a long standing bit of PR that doesn't stand up to much scrutiny really. I certainly don't think the reputation suffers by justifiably venting displeasure at the SFA powers. 

The only time I've seen it happen previously was in Moldova (Vogts last game). Just like that occasion - the events should see a change of manager, but I won't hold my breath.

Watching the England game last night, and as someone else said - they were a joy to watch. Fair enough that they are a nation 10x the size of us and squad full of EPL players but it's like they're playing an actual different sport from us. Depressing. 

Another thing is England players are all belting out GSTQ at the anthems. For years and years now the majority of our players don't seem bothered at anthems. If we were competing, winning games and thumping opposition minnows then I wouldn't question it - but that's not the case. From the outside looking in, it looks like the players don't have much pride in the cause or the country. It's as if Scotland isn't cool.

Historically we'd have argued that we were more passionate than England - but it's simply not the case any more. Not even close.  

Lack of national pride, lack of self-belief and the strangling of our national game - by the OF domestically and by Sky/TV/EPL externally - and then you've got the clowns that are actually compounding all that with crap decisions. 

Joy! 

Its just a football thing

Be better picking our Rugby team to play, they wouldnt have lost 3-0

15 hours ago, HSS said:

Ukraine only beat Luxembourg 2-1 with a 93 min own goal.

Luxembourg’s home form is decent these days, and they also held eventual World Champions France to a draw on French turf in the last qualification campaign. As far as minnows go, Luxembourg are among the best now, well organised and tough to beat at home. The away form is not improving much, but they are certainly not being demolished as often as they used to be.

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its just a football thing

Be better picking our Rugby team to play, they wouldnt have lost 3-0

The Scotland rugby team has it's own challenges but you simply can't doubt their commitment to the cause. 

The international rugby team is the pinnacle of the game in Scotland. The entire domestic set up is all shaped to support the national team. 

It's a world apart from the SkyTV and Champions League money driven football. 

38 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I can assure you it was more than sack the board and "f*ck the SFA"

I'm a massive Scotland fan but that's the least supportive Scotland crowd I've ever seen. If it was a Xth minute protest against the SFA fair enough, but to boo them the whole game was f**king horrendous

Are you listening to this Herman? :D

On 3/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, Doakes said:

A - the support 

B - the team

C - the gaffer

D - the SFA 

Speculating on someone's mental health is very poor form.  Good or bad at the job, McLeish is doing it with full committment and best intentions.

You should be ashamed of that post, it's as bad as the speculation in the record

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Speculating on someone's mental health is very poor form.  Good or bad at the job, McLeish is doing it with full committment and best intentions.

You should be ashamed of that post, it's as bad as the speculation in the record

Thank goodness someone called the Forum Police to tell us all what to think and say.

Without you riding in on your white horse none of us would have been able to cope with Doakes' post.

Away and pipe down. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

13 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Why? Genuine question....

If someone is put into a stressful job role, especially managing our national team.... why can't you question this?

It's become some weird trend that talking about mental health is taboo , doesn't really help things if you think about it

Easy to tell the guy is struggling and shouldn't be in this position. I don't blame McLeish, I blame the people who gave him the job as the cheap option because they wouldn't stump up the cash for the best option, Michael O'Neill. McLeish has been thrown to the lions