International Fitba

TPAFKA Jersey 2

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

McBurnie scores twice again.

23 goals for the season now.

Who does DougJamie think should play ahead of him?

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Jordan Rhodes, Steven Fletcher, Mark McNulty, Steven Naismith , My Granny .................................

Have you actually seen McBurnie play for Scotland ?

Yup, neither have I ...................

Scoring 23 goals means nothing, if your total pants in a Scotland shirt, and he sure has been

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, Doakes said:

Gemmill will probably get it

I agree.

The SFA Tossers have pretended they were doing a “SEARCH!”, when we know the barrel bottom is being scraped.

Stevie Clark would be too honest and single minded, McInnes similar and wouldn’t take the pay cut.

They're left, like sevco, having to appoint a middling U18s coach who won’t rock the boat.

and he’s cheap.

inspiring....

40 minutes ago, antrin said:

I agree.

The SFA Tossers have pretended they were doing a “SEARCH!”, when we know the barrel bottom is being scraped.

Stevie Clark would be too honest and single minded, McInnes similar and wouldn’t take the pay cut.

They're left, like sevco, having to appoint a middling U18s coach who won’t rock the boat.

and he’s cheap.

inspiring....

They spoke to Clarke, McInnes, Jack Ross and Gemmill.

I don't think you could call any of those barrel-scraping appointments.

All of them would do a good job for us and we should put aside our national tendency to be miserable f**kers over every single first world problem and support the new man.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

All of them would do a good job for us and we should put aside our national tendency to be miserable f**kers over every single first world problem and support the new man.

We don't know who they will appoint yet. (Not sure if McInnes is using this to top up his wages or desperate to get out having fell from the 2nd best team in Scotland to 3 rd or 4th and about to lose a number of his best players)

But whoever it is, has no easy job... we are hardly a nation of superstars and top top players... Robertson at Liverpool yes, but who else? 

Whoever it is needs to be a miracle worker or it will also end in tears!

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No.

You don't get my point.  But you did get the leaked lies that the SMSM reported as being the facts from the SFA.

(Also... Reporters do conjure up stories, as you know.)

If those people were actually approached and interviewed, I'd be gobsmacked.

You could have suggested that the SFA has spoken to Pochetinno, Klop, Guarrdiola or Shergar.

All they had in house is Gemmill.

Gemmill was the first name that arose on McLeish's demise.  It was met universally with....  "meh"...

Time had to pass in order to pretend that alternatives were available  and being sounded out - and that astoundingly Gemmill WAS the right man, after all!

Nothing against young Scott, but if I was a good Scottish player of international standard, I would be hard to convince that this lad who was middling as a player and never known as an effective manager had the knowledge, experience and charisma to lead Scotland out of the desert suffered in recent decades

Not like you to be an immediate loser and quit in a debate when you know you are out of your depth!  :o

I thought you'd offer up  Slavan Bilic, Strachan again, or even Bruce Arena all of whom I saw being touted on the SMSM.

Gemmill.

BREAKING NEWS!!!  Three hours ago - so paper talk.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other_football/17644062.kilmarnock-manager-steve-clarke-set-for-scotland-job/?ref=twtrec

No one would be more pleased than me.  SC is not a yes man; he is worthy of respect as a manager and as a player:. and he has the capacity, ability and proclivity to tell the SFA to go do one - or two...   :)

I still expect Gemmill, though.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

BREAKING NEWS!!!  Three hours ago - so paper talk.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other_football/17644062.kilmarnock-manager-steve-clarke-set-for-scotland-job/?ref=twtrec

No one would be more pleased than me.  SC is not a yes man; he is worthy of respect as a manager and as a player:. and he has the capacity, ability and proclivity to tell the SFA to go do one - or two...   :)

I still expect Gemmill, though.

It is impossible to justify choosing Gemmill . . .  it would be worse than Meh!

Clarke leaving Killie on a high after proving himself 2 years running - is highly likely.

Whether Scotland or for a big team down south - nearer to his family - now there is the dilemma. One sensible one questionable... :turtle

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Not like you to be an immediate loser and quit in a debate when you know you are out of your depth!  :o

I thought you'd offer up  Slavan Bilic, Strachan again, or even Bruce Arena all of whom I saw being touted on the SMSM.

Gemmill.

On this issue, it's not worth my time. There's nothing to debate.

You made your point, I made mine, you started talking pish and I walked away.

17 minutes ago, guinness said:

Clarke could move back to be with his family. Would only need to be up here at certain times.

Yes, this was part of my point - the other part though was Scotland REALLY or a decent team.. Oops hope I am not offending anyone - but can we put out a decent team?

There are manager jobs where you are on a hiding to nothing -I am suggesting that the Scotland job might just be one of those right now... and has been for a while...

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

On this issue, it's not worth my time. There's nothing to debate.

You made your point, I made mine, you started talking pish and I walked away.

So you made my point that 'you didn't understand' the point I was making, when you so easily gave up.

The barrel scraping was not in reference to the stream of names trotted out by willing stenographers, rather it was the only choice is really Gemmill.

You just don't understand how a forum works.

A bit like science...

...Someone pushes at an accepted wisdom and points out where it is flawed.  Those who think they know better suggest how the new theory is flawed.

They just don't just walk away saying that's pish, that is!