One town,one team

Is bolloks!!

Only about 200 people in Paisley turn up at games,1200 from outside Paisley.

I know you can play around with our average attendance, but remove the away support and it's around 2000.

It's just never been addressed that 97%of people in  Paisley do not support us.

The club needs to do more to advertise the team and the club, only our supporters are reading what's on social media,we have to reach out to those that do not.

Ideas??

7 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Is bolloks!!

I know you can play around with our average attendance, but remove the away support and it's around 2000.

The club needs to do more to advertise the team and the club, only our supporters are reading what's on social media,we have to reach out to those that do not.

Ideas??

Your saying our home gate is 1,400 first. Then go onto write we have 2,000 home fans :huh:

47 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Is bolloks!!

Ideas??

Although you've failed your Foundation Arithmetic exam, you do make a valid point with regards to lack of promotion.  Something I've always felt was lacking. 

3 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Having lived in Leeds about 35 years , I can assure you without doubt our population is over 750,000 and rising in the Business capital of the north

Last count was 809,000

He's quoting Wiki from 2011. Close to a decade out of date.

Actually,  scratch that, he didn't quote Wiki. He quoted the first link which appeared and that number is wrong anyway because in 2011 the population of Leeds was close to 800,000.

He should just quit now.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Maybe the OP should quit while he is behind.......

This is what can happen if you take the afternoon off to watch the Scotland game I guess. Let this be a warning to all you youngsters, watching Scotland can give you brain damage. 

5 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Having lived in Leeds about 35 years , I can assure you without doubt our population is over 750,000 and rising in the Business capital of the north

Last count was 809,000

That's the district of Leeds and includes 10 other towns

The OP has made an error in respect of his numbers.

However the OP does have a valid point,  a valid point indeed.

This may be crazy talk, this may be "outside the box" thinking, this may be originality at its original best, this could be the most obviously brilliant idea since the wheel was put on the suitcase.  Here it is......

We could get someone at the club (who has a sunroofed car) to drive around Paisley whilst Oran Kearney sticks his head out and shouts through a mega phone phrases such as "come support your local team, "I know yer da" and "we are playing for Paisley", "no surrender to the SFA" and the such like. 

In fact I bet he reads this and is being driving slowly up Glencoats Drive by lunchtime.....perhaps Alan Wardrop will take him in his Fiat Uno. 

17 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Is bolloks!!

Ideas??

Anything they do now will not have material impact on the support, not in the short term, and would be wasted money advertising.

What needs to happen is to improve the product on the park. Then, you invest heavily in engaging schools and get the next generation of fans on board.

I was hearing from a school teacher based in a Cumnock school that cannot get enough bodies together for a school football team. Why? Well, Glasgow Warriors run weekly rugby sessions at the school, at least one player attends every week and all the kids want to play rugby.

I know this is the case in schools across West Scotland. My mates boy has a selfie with just about every Glasgow Warriors player...and rugby has stolen a march on football.

On a side issue, I believe Rugby becoming professional is why Scotland can’t produce any decent centre half’s.

Guest TPAFKATS

On a side issue, I believe Rugby becoming professional is why Scotland can’t produce any decent centre half’s.

This would explain McKenna - not good enough for rugby ended up playing centre half for Aberdeen and Scotland.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

This would explain McKenna - not good enough for rugby ended up playing centre half for Aberdeen and Scotland.

Was at a Sportsman dinner and Rory Hughes was interviewed. Said he played centre half at pro youth level (can’t remember who for) but got sent off and banned for 10 games.

f**ked football off and went and played rugby, now playing on the wing for Warriors and a couple of Scotland caps too.

12 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I know this is the case in schools across West Scotland. My mates boy has a selfie with just about every Glasgow Warriors player...and rugby has stolen a march on football.

Where I work is a "school of rugby". Each year group, since a couple of years ago, has a group of boys who attend some classes as a "rugby class". We also have a girls rugby team.

However, football is way more popular, with a boys team in each year group and a couple of girls teams too. The senior team reached the Scottish final recently. A lot of the boys play for football clubs out with the school too.

Much more interest amongst the pupils in relation to football than rugby. Much the same in the surrounding schools too.

9 hours ago, FTOF said:

Where I work is a "school of rugby". Each year group, since a couple of years ago, has a group of boys who attend some classes as a "rugby class". We also have a girls rugby team.

However, football is way more popular, with a boys team in each year group and a couple of girls teams too. The senior team reached the Scottish final recently. A lot of the boys play for football clubs out with the school too.

Much more interest amongst the pupils in relation to football than rugby. Much the same in the surrounding schools too.

Sorry, when I said stolen a march, I meant they were doing far more engaging kids.

Football is the number one sport (arguably gaming is now!) but for how much longer? It’s not the only show in town.