Smisa's Shame

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Because Smisa represents  the supporters  ,not theclub

That doesn’t make it okay to sour that relationship or break potentially legal guidance. Some People really don’t have a clue about our current ownership structure. 

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That doesn’t make it okay to sour that relationship or break potentially legal guidance. Some People really don’t have a clue about our current ownership structure. 

SMISA' primary responsibility is to the 1300 or so who have bought into and are paying into BTB.

What potential legal guidance are you talking about?

As the 2nd largest shareholder (AFAIK) & future owners of St Mirren FC, it isn't unreasonable for SMISA to seek clarity on behalf of their members of what is going on with the manager & the managers position.

The relationship would only be soured if GLS really is as difficult to deal with as we keep hearing and he takes exception at being asked a difficult question.. If, that is all a myth then no damage will be done to the relationship between SMISA & GLS. It certainly won't be soured.

Edited by Kombibuddie

51 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

compensation for the cancelled Northern Ireland Trip trippers? :lol:lol

The club are going to "endeavour" to provide compensation.

Slippery word that.....

Tells you the square root of f**k all.

Baz will no doubt spin the shit out of it.

46 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

SMISA' primary responsibility is to the 1300 or so who have bought into and are paying into BTB.

As the 2nd largest shareholder (AFAIK) & future owners of St Mirren FC, it isn't unreasonable for SMISA to seek clarity on behalf of their members of what is going on with the manager & the managers position.

The relationship would only be soured if GLS really is as difficult to deal with as we keep hearing and he takes exception at being asked a difficult question.. If, that is all a myth then no damage will be done to the relationship between SMISA & GLS. It certainly won't be soured.

With any other club, you would expect their equivalent of SMISA to have said something publicly as you say.

If I was giving them my money right now, I would be extremely concerned about their silence.

That's a whole week now since this blew up and NOBODY has anything to say to the fans?

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

It is possible that the SMISA rep on the board pushed for compensation for the buds that had planned to go over to NI. emoji16.png

Without putting a small post, email or tweet about it to inform other fans?

Is anyone associated with the club physically capable of even the most basic communication with the wider fan base? :lol. It's supposed to be 2019 not 1920.

Without putting a small post, email or tweet about it to inform other fans?
Is anyone associated with the club physically capable of even the most basic communication with the wider fan base? [emoji38]. It's supposed to be 2019 not 1920.
Not just the wider fan base... The skinny ones too! [emoji12]

9 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Are you saying there are no potential legal issues that could exist preventing us from commenting on an employees contractual status. 

SMISA may have went for clarity or may know categorically the situation. It in no way justifies them releasing a statement before the chairman or contrary to his wishes (we simply don’t know if this is the case). Especially if there is something as I have mentioned in the first paragraph. 

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The club are going to "endeavour" to provide compensation.

Slippery word that.....

Tells you the square root of f**k all.

Baz will no doubt spin the shit out of it.

I won’t, I assume it means.... they’ll ‘endeavour’ to provide compensation. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Are you saying there are no potential legal issues that could exist preventing us from commenting on an employees contractual status. 

No, I am asking You, what potential legal issues are there? that is stopping The Club from releasing any form of statement to say "St Mirren FC is working to resolve the Media/Speculation regarding the managerial position at the club. Updates will be made, when resolved"

There is no legal situation that stops a football club issuing a communication to its supporters saying "we're getting this sorted but can say nought at the moment"

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

SMISA may have went for clarity or may know categorically the situation. It in no way justifies them releasing a statement before the chairman or contrary to his wishes (we simply don’t know if this is the case). Especially if there is something as I have mentioned in the first paragraph. 

Given the concern being raised by many St Mirren supporters, not dissimilar to some wetting their knickers about St Mirren' reported managerial status, it would be prudent of SMISA to communicate with its members to offer some reassurance to the membership.

Even if it was along the lines of "Dear all, SMISA is aware of widespread reports about the managers position at The Club. David Riley, our SMISA rep on the Club BoD has advised, things are being worked through and we will update when we can.

That, would be better for most, than the absolute silence they are getting. The longer it takes for the supporters to get any kind of information, many imaginations will have ran wild.

In the meantime & as work & family commitments allows, I will be beavering away setting up a new youth football club I have formed.

Havering Palace Youth FC. Affiliating to Essex FA, playing in the Chelmsford Youth Football League and as things progress, I will be communicating with the players & their parents so they are kept up to speed with developments.

Black & white striped shirts with red numbers, Black shorts with white trim & red socks with black & whit trim will be the home kit.

Sky blue shirts with white trim, Sky Blue shorts with white trim & sky blue socks will be the away kit.

Edited by Kombibuddie

18 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

No, I am asking You, what potential legal issues are there? that is stopping The Club from releasing any form of statement to say "St Mirren FC is working to resolve the Media/Speculation regarding the managerial position at the club. Updates will be made, when resolved"

There is no legal situation that stops a football club issuing a communication to its supporters saying "we're getting this sorted but can say nought at the moment"

a statement that says we have nothing to tell you right now  would that change any of our lives? Happy to wait for the actual story tbh  

Given the concern being raised by many St Mirren supporters, not dissimilar to some wetting their knickers about St Mirren' reported managerial status, it would be prudent of SMISA to communicate with its members to offer some reassurance to the membership.

Even if it was along the lines of "Dear all, SMISA is aware of widespread reports about the managers position at The Club. David Riley, our SMISA rep on the Club BoD has advised, things are being worked through and we will update when we can.

same as above, might be a nice to have but ultimately doesn’t really achieve anything. IMO this isn’t SMISA place, the update should be from the collective powers at SMFC  

That, would be better for most, than the absolute silence they are getting. The longer it takes for the supporters to get any kind of information, many imaginations will have ran wild.

In the meantime & as work & family commitments allows, I will be beavering away setting up a new youth football club I have formed.

Havering Palace Youth FC. Affiliating to Essex FA, playing in the Chelmsford Youth Football League and as things progress, I will be communicating with the players & their parents so they are kept up to speed with developments.

Black & white striped shirts with red numbers, Black shorts with white trim & red socks with black & whit trim will be the home kit.

Sky blue shirts with white trim, Sky Blue shorts with white trim & sky blue socks will be the away kit.

As much as I liked the sky blue, you've left yourself open for ridicule in not having a all red away strip. [emoji1022][emoji1021][emoji626][emoji1267][emoji835][emoji836][emoji837][emoji6]
We had to go with a colour that is least likely to have a colour clash down here.
All sky blue with white trim works.
Too many clubs play in black/red, down here [emoji3]

And ps, shame on you for walking away from your last club without a press release published on here. [emoji13]
I just did make the press release. Have you deliberately missed it? Has Baz got your phone 🤣 or has LPM got your phone 🤣.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Kombis example does not, as per your spin, say we have nothing to tell you.

It is a reassurance that matters are indeed being dealt with and that feedback will follow when practicably possible.

Need someone to defend the indefensible?

Call superBaz! Apoligist on call.

We have our statement, everyone feeling better? :lol:

D70E0ADB-7640-420B-8D7B-31428607C05A.jpeg