Smisa's Shame

Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Sorry I'm not Baz and will keep it short and sweet.

My understanding of how it will run is when we buy out GLS, it will be for the members to decide how we run the club.

I believe we'll elect a board of approx 7 with so many up for re election every year/2 years who will make the day to day decisions.

Members aren't happy with them, they'll get voted off.

Members happy with them, they'll get the votes to remain on if the so wish.

We'll not be putting to a vote about buying the loo paper.

Also hope we can continue a monthly subscription say a rainy day fund. Personally I would prefer that to happen with the £2.00 now. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Also hope we can continue a monthly subscription say a rainy day fund. Personally I would prefer that to happen with the £2.00 now. 

I have a feeling that will be mooted as the original period comes to an end and the club is purchased , although folk will agree to it as is their choice I don’t think it will have anywhere near the current level of subscribers ,still free money is free money.

13 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

I have a feeling that will be mooted as the original period comes to an end and the club is purchased , although folk will agree to it as is their choice I don’t think it will have anywhere near the current level of subscribers ,still free money is free money.

If the club is to progress it's the only logical move. 

On 7/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I recently stopped my contribution to SMISA.  When I first took it out it was simply for the love of the club and never gave it much thought and I very rarely read the posts on this topic.  So, let me state clearly that I will accept any criticism going as I put my hand up not knowing all the technicalities involved.

I just felt that the input of the fans is so limited.  When an affluent businessman/fan buys a club, he has put his money where his mouth is and usually invests more money to bring greater success or save it from administration.  GS has spent a great deal of time and energy on the club of that I've no doubt but at the end of the day when he has been repaid all the money, he will be controlling the club the way he wants it - for nothing.  As I said, the input from the fans is limited to tokenism.  I often fantasize that one day maybe the fans would be invited to pick the manager.  Given the failure over recent years of the various boards in picking a successful manager, I'm confident the fans could do no worse.

What is lacking is fan INPUT. 

- always the way the deal was sold to us. GLS has the club for up to 10 years, he’s the majority stakeholder right now and like any chairman in that position has ultimate authority 

- very short term in the grand scheme, it’s curious that you want the fans to have more power, can see the vehicle to how this is achieved but choose to cancel your contribution to said vehicle 

- GLS is doing this for not a penny profit. People hinting he’s doing all this at no personal risk or financial expense are simply ill informed. How much interest do you think he’s losing out on the capital alone over the 10 years? I guarantee it’s more than £25 a month. He also shoulders the massive brunt of the financial risk of the deal collapses.  

- also, how many chairman don’t take a salary or income from their companies? Another reason why it’s mental to say ‘for nothing’ 

- I would say two out of GLS three managerial choices so far (see what happens with Goody) have been a success. Can you think of another chairman with a better success rate? 

- GLS won’t be controlling the club after the buyout. 

40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not been defined but as mentioned earlier on here, I imagine there will be a BoD put together on a nominated and fan voting structure. 

Now that's the thing I worry about,nobody seems to know what the next stage is.Will GLS still be involved or does he walk after he gets his money  back?

I'm beginning to doubt BTB,why should we pay for Gordons new toy? 

Edited by HSS

9 hours ago, HSS said:

Now that's the thing I worry about,nobody seems to know what the next stage is.Will GLS still be involved or does he walk after he gets his money  back?

There has been nothing new that’s came out to suggest GLS will remain in any capacity (although I struggle to see why this would be a bad thing, given how well he’s done last few years). Fan ownership works with many clubs the world over so I really don’t get why people think St Mirren will be the club where it all goes pear shaped. 

There is no outcome bar us not raising the capital where GLS ends up the majority owner of SMFC. It just won’t happen, with absolutely no evidence to suggest something has changed to make that the situation. 

Side note, that’s why I think it’s curious that a very small number of people that don’t want GLS in charge cancel their subscription out of protest. As above us not raising the capital is the only outcome that might mean he may end up owning the club. What a strange way to protest something you don’t want to happen, by stopping the means that prevents is happening. :lol:

11 hours ago, HSS said:

Mr Gilmour has all the experience needed. No idea if he would be interested. Even GLS might want to stay on. I'm sure there are enough talented people within the supporters. Will be an interesting time when it comes round. Debates, votes, our own wee leadership battle.  

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, bazil85 said:

Not been defined but as mentioned earlier on here, I imagine there will be a BoD put together on a nominated and fan voting structure. 

There appears to be a mistaken belief (not suggesting you) that any Tom, Dick or Harry can put themselves forward for election to The Club Board once the fans buyout is complete. I believe that cannot and will not happen.

Being elected to The Club Board will be similar in nature to applying for a job (unpaid). Specific skillsets and experiences will be required of each & every Board member.. The SMISA board will need to set eligibility criteria to filter out the wheat from the chaff much in the same way an employer sets their job descriptions in business.

That is what I expect SMISA to do and what I believe they need to do in whatever plan they devise. Stricter criteria will be, I expect, set for the senior positions on the BoD such as Chairman. I don't think there'll  be too many amongst the membership that will meet the criteria

That is when the fun will begins, when Tom, Dick & Harry suddenly realise, they do not have the say in the running of the club they think they're going to have.

What we will have is, is a Club Board that does not have an individual who is the owner of the majority shareholding and who will not be able to stamp their foot to get their own way. The new chairman will only have the casting vote on a Club Board of equals.. That can only be a good thing and that is why, I will continue to pay into SMISA.

2023 is when SMISA will be in a position to complete the buyout. Happy days :D

Edited by Kombibuddie

25 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Just out of curiosity LPM you still claiming that you had a valid proxy vote not counted at the SMISA agm that was corroborated by a.n.other ? emoji23.png

The vote was indeed corroborated by a.n. Other. The proxy was cast as per instruction by email. Recently found out it (email) was bounced back, but the proxy was noted at the  ( why? If there was no vote recorded)  In addition although i cancelled my subs, i was fully paid up for April. So no credible reason why the vote wasn't as you indicate counted?

now did you say you were related to the late, great Cockles Wilson?

17 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

So you didn't email them correctly by the Thursday.

I don't believe a.n.other can just turn up at a AGM and say I've got a proxy vote from any Tom Dick or Harry and a organisation would accept that. As a shareholder of various companies I find that suggestion ludicrous.

So who from SMISA was supposed to have noted this proxy from a.n.other?

Why the sudden interest in my family?

If you want to know more of smisa's failings better to ask them.

couldnt remember if/if not you previously said you were related to cockles. I have no interest in your family.

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Why won't you name the SMISA rep that you alluded was going to accept your proxy vote? emoji848.png

You asked if I was related to someone, yet you have no interest in my family. emoji23.png

Like i said if you want to know about smisa, ask them!

i am a St mirren fan of 50+ years who was friends with a former players son, and knew his family. I simply asked if you had said you were related to him in the past. I already know his family, i have no interest in knowing yours.

5 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I have, not surprisingly not one said they had been approached by a n other about a proxy from yourself.

And why the fcuk would I want to know how long you've supposedly been a fan of St Mirren. emoji23.png

So you claim to know I'm not a member of someone's family but asked if I've said I was. Are you trying to say I'm not who I say I am even though numerous folk on here know me and I've posted my name numerous times?

I'll not lose my head if you call me by my name, like you did when a St Mirren fan called you by your actual name a few years ago.

Are you on someting bud? Seriously..?

can i repeat for clarity the one question i asked " did you, or did you not say previously you were related to Cockles Wilson"?

now you can answer, yes, no, or mind your own business.

i think its funny though, as most people on here know I am Tony Black, and that the "Fan" you refer to who disclosed personal data he could only have done by accessing and distributing confidential information was the then leader of a many times failed campaign to buy the club, which he was happy to confirm he hadnt been a fan of!

i guess when you crash, you crash big mate!

9 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

There you have it folks, when someone gets found out they go into hiding and denial.

If I was the person that had be wronged allegedly so many times I'd have been publicly asking questions and demanding answers from them. But what does LPM do, nothing but wee snide comments without backing them up with any credible evidence.

He even questioned my integrity for a reason only he knows the answer to.

Being wrong is water off a ducks back to him. Almost every bit of news facing the club that he has an opinion on, he posts something completely unfounded. 

It took him some time to top his illegal activity at SMISA claim but he’s managed it with the, ‘It would cost OK £6,000 a month to commute to Ireland’ one. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

It's a shame the Independant Supporters Association  have nothing  to say on behalf of their members regarding the OF getting the family stand.. 

Best to stay impartial right now I’d say. GLS ultimate choice as chairman & there is no current MI to know what the majority will of the members is.

Even if there was & if it was against (big if), would SMISA really want to be caught in the middle? 

Potentially something they vote on nearer the transition time. 

• 2 months later...

The crying shame of the club, supporters and Smisa members current predicament is the abject failure of our board, with such a great headwind of goodwill and potential fan/community involvement, is the complete lack of any rainy day contingency.
It's not if it comes, but when.

From the fakes bbc website
 live with us forever.
Whilst many fans across Scotland want nothing more than a well-run community club, St Johnstone have had that for years. Okay, our last set of accounts showed a £150,000 loss, and whilst we would rather return to profitability, there is £2m stashed in the bank for a rainy day that will inevitably come.

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The crying shame of the club, supporters and Smisa members current predicament is the abject failure of our board, with such a great headwind of goodwill and potential fan/community involvement, is the complete lack of any rainy day contingency.
It's not if it comes, but when.

From the fakes bbc website
 live with us forever.
Whilst many fans across Scotland want nothing more than a well-run community club, St Johnstone have had that for years. Okay, our last set of accounts showed a £150,000 loss, and whilst we would rather return to profitability, there is £2m stashed in the bank for a rainy day that will inevitably come.

And it’s that time once again folks, to rip apart the take of a person that at every turn has shown their view is fully based on a hatred towards SMISA and SMFC. A view that completely blurs the truth, focuses in on individual snippets of information and completely ignores bigger pictures that show SMFC & SMISA in positive lights. It’s getting pretty easy to do this I must say, just look at some facts on published accounts and this post is hammered.

Yep St Johnstone do indeed have in the region of £2 million “cash in bank” noted in their 2018 accounts and I’m sure it is a rainy day fund... No mention from LPM that the figure is down after just ONE YEAR by almost £700k, pretty significant, it also shows the £150k loss is a bit of a red herring although a completely legitimate way of reporting. That tells me St Johnstone aren’t living within their means/ their risk appetite is higher than SMFC. What St Johnstone seem to mean when they say “rainy day” is struggles in the league, youth team requirements, Project Brave requirements, poor cup runs and weekend fixture changes. All of this is detailed in their annual accounts for all to read. The “rainy day” for them last season took in the region of 25% off their rainy day fund. I wonder what this season will do if their form continues? They also note in their account a bloated first team and some players on six figure salaries had a big impact. Every impression I’ve got from our current BOD and the old one is they are more prudent about the risk this can bring, even the signings in the two big January windows were manufactured in a way that we didn’t bust budgets. Imagine we had St Johnstones wage budget this season under the current circumstances?

Let’s look at SMFC as a comparison. Every single season since GLS took over we have recorded profit on the accounts. This includes a season where we avoided L1 football by the skin of our teeth. We also just and no more survived in the SP last season and I haven’t seen anything to suggest profit warnings. SMFC have according to their most recent accounts £500k “cash at bank” Not too bad at all for a team that haven’t had close to the decade St Johnstone have had.

LPM take is a classic example of have your cake and eat it. St Johnstone have gotten themselves in the position they are in through an aggressive growth strategy that has very much worked over the last decade. All fine when the sun shines but if 2017 to 2018 accounts are anything to go by, you can bet that £2 million will evaporate if their form continues and they get relegated to the championship. The accounts note the difference between top six and an eighth place finish, can you imagine the financial difficulty in a 12th place finish with the St Johnstone strategy? Sure we can do what LPM suggests and mirror St Johnstone, throw money at the team and hope for a few cup runs and a top end finish, if it’s successful I have no doubt we could get £2 million in the bank, if it’s not we could end up in massive debt as St Johnstone are risking right now.

Individual fans will have their personal view on our current slow sustainable growth strategy or this aggressive one. For me, slow and sustainable all the way, far too many examples of boom and bust. It’s working so far, let’s not forget the team has factually progressed every single season on the park since the new BOD came in.