Last game of the season - away ???

Given it looks like the final game of the season will be on Saturday 18 May there is every chance we will need to request it to be away from home. That is the date of the British pipe band championship at the Racecourse and if previous years are anything to go by the stadium car park will be in use as a park and ride facility. Interesting to see how this pans out.

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If we are drawn at home that day then presumably the Pipers will have to park elsewhere.

Not sure why this should be an issue at all.

4,000 pipers and drummers. Add to that thousands of spectators. Taking part what is just around the corner from the stadium for sure would be a traffic and park problem. 

On 3/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given it looks like the final game of the season will be on Saturday 18 May there is every chance we will need to request it to be away from home. That is the date of the British pipe band championship at the Racecourse and if previous years are anything to go by the stadium car park will be in use as a park and ride facility. Interesting to see how this pans out.

I think owning the car park kind of gives us the upper hand here.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, beyond our ken said:

I think owning the car park kind of gives us the upper hand here.

Here's hoping we own Dee and Hamilton's asses and book our place in this league for another year! Then we can all enjoy a ceilidh to bagpipe music or whatever your preference is . . .   :guinness A summer break with us in a good place, and then another transfer window . . .  this time it should be a whole lot better than last years.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, Dirty Sanchez said:

If the same teams stay in the bottom six we'll most likely get two homes and three aways after the split.

Unless we play three out of the first four of these away, it would mean that the last game is likley to be an away fixture anyway.

Who cares!

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Despite all the shite and stress that accompanies a struggle at the bottom of the league, it cannot be denied that this could be a thrilling helter-skelter season's end, right down to a Dundee wire...

comforting toy story 4 GIF

There is no guarantee the last game for us will be Dee or be at their place. 

Given that we could be above Hamilton before the split - it is also possible that they will play Dee for the last round of fixtures...

The other factor is the 10th, 11th, 12th places might well be ironed out before the last games anyway...   

So don't get sucked into to MR make it up's "looking like" (with his get out clauses "imo" and "Unless there are conflicting fixtures" whatever that is supposed to mean   -

it has just been sucked out of thin air as usual . . .  there are a number of possibilities     :ninja   :spud7

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Looking like last game will be away to Dundee imo. Unless there are conflicting fixtures, and these teams all finish bittom six i would expect in this order:

Motherwell away

Fakes Home

Livi away

Hamilton home

Dundee away

Possible Hibs could replace Well for the first one?

Think over the years quite alot of 11th v 12th matches have been scheduled first game after split then moved for tv so think there is a good chance we could play Dundee first game. 

I'm expecting Hamilton not to be involved in the relegation battle but they might schedule them v Dundee first game also. 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:02 AM, Ronnie said:

Think over the years quite alot of 11th v 12th matches have been scheduled first game after split then moved for tv so think there is a good chance we could play Dundee first game. 

I'm expecting Hamilton not to be involved in the relegation battle but they might schedule them v Dundee first game also. 

I’m expecting Hamilton to be very much involved in the relegation battle. In fact, I’m expecting them to get relegated. Probably by way of a play off.