Paisley 107.5 FM

shull

Brand new Radio Station for Paisley and Renfrewshire which startit yesterday. 

I remember the early days of Q96. One good show every week. 

Every Friday night at 6.30.

The St Mirren Show with legendary guest, Tony Fitzpatrick. 

Fecking fabulous.  :clapping

Listened to the new radio station for a couple of hours this afternoon.Absolutely no local content at all,not even a local news bulletin.The only thing local was a Paolo song.The thing that made me return to Radio 2 was the Sports News at 3:30pm.The headline news was that Andy Robertson would be unavailable to play for Scotland v Kazakhstan on Fri.:1eye

Doubt I'll be tuning in again.

• 5 weeks later...

Dude on now give big coverage to St Mirren, St Mirren Reserves and all our Junior Clubs. 

In a couple of minutes he will talking about a local amateur football Club. 

Great stuff. 

Well done to Mike McLean. 

That was good thorough overage of Renfrewshire football there. 

Will have all weekend results on Monday including all Amateur Clubs. 

Now giving out local Cricket fixtures. 

What a dude. 

:thumbs2

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

One of the first games I refereed was between Stanley and i believe Glenburn. Was told it wouldn't be a problem as the players all knew each other. Yeah they knew each other, yeah they really knew each other and seemed to hate each other with passion.

First tackle, and I use the word tackle loosely it was more of a full blown assualt. Had me turning away in horror of what mess was going to be left. Then remembering I had to blow the whistle to award a free kick. As I called the guilty party over I'm trying to compose myself from the shock and give this now towering over me guy a caution. I was only 18 and the youngest on the park and trying my best to be authoritative. Think the guy asked me to speak up, so I did after taking a few steps backwards. So after I had now given him a yellow card, one of the opposition shouted at me and questioned the marital status of my parents when I was born and he was told that if I heard anymore swearing from anyone they'd be off. At this point the guy who I had just cautioned put his arm round me and told me, quite right ref don't take any shite from them.

He wasn't sent off and the game restarted after every player, subs and coaching staff had regained there composure from laughing that I had only cautioned a guy for a leg breaking tackle and was going to send any amateur player off for simply swearing . emoji23.png

Are you Willie Collum ? :)