Speed Limiter On All Cars 2022

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, jaybee said:

I have three vans, two with limiters and one without, I really don't find the limiter a problem and to be fair sometimes it's quite comforting to know that you ARE physically restricted and can't speed even if you wished to, but more often than not when I do speed in my car or the van without a limiter, it's because of either keeping up with traffic (that IS travelling to fast) OR i got distracted and creeeeept up beyond the limit without noticing which is easily done.

Unless it's smart limiters I don't see how it stops you speeding. Most dangerous speeding is done in lower speed restricted roads. In actual fact newer vehicles are made to drive faster more safely than the 70mph on motorways. I think limiters could cause more problems than they solve. Average speed cameras can and do prevent the worst of the speeding and speed bumps are a good way to stop speeding in those areas where danger is more likely.

Edited by stlucifer

Allegedly they are talking about smart limiters that can read speed signs and also use GPS, but people will find a way round them and I am sure there will be even less traffic cops as the government will decide it does not need them any more as they will have solved the issue :rolleyes:

On 3/31/2019 at 11:00 PM, stlucifer said:
On 3/27/2019 at 7:35 PM, jaybee said:

I have three vans, two with limiters and one without, I really don't find the limiter a problem and to be fair sometimes it's quite comforting to know that you ARE physically restricted and can't speed even if you wished to, but more often than not when I do speed in my car or the van without a limiter, it's because of either keeping up with traffic (that IS travelling to fast) OR i got distracted and creeeeept up beyond the limit without noticing which is easily done.

Unless it's smart limiters I don't see how it stops you speeding. Most dangerous speeding is done in lower speed restricted roads. In actual fact newer vehicles are made to drive faster more safely than the 70mph on motorways. I think limiters could cause more problems than they solve. Average speed cameras can and do prevent the worst of the speeding and speed bumps are a good way to stop speeding in those areas where danger is more likely.

Good point re 'where' people speed and also agree re average speed cameras, they can be a pain but they are effective, ditto with speed bumps.  Are you sure you are St Lucy, far to sensible a post?  :D

On 3/29/2019 at 9:46 AM, TPAFKATS said:

Given that each country sets its own speed limit this could be interesting. Will drivers have the ability to change it?
Speed isn't the problem, it's inappropriate speed that's causing the deaths and injuries.
Driving through a residential street with parked cars at 40mph is a big igger risk than driving on a quiet motorway at 80mph, particularly with the advances in technology and safety features that cars now have.

Indeed , as far as I know , there is still no speed limit on the autobahn and the drivers on it do take full advantage of that . .

Whenever I drive on the M6 toll road it reminds me of said autobahn.  .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

15 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed , as far as I know , there is still no speed limit on the autobahn and the drivers on it do take full advantage of that . .

Whenever I drive on the M6 toll road it reminds me of said autobahn.  .

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmm I did wonder whose car it was driving up and down there, lonely isn't it?  :D

• 5 months later...

companies are working 24/7 to improve its self driving  features and they are now at that state which we can say cars are safe to drive on road, and also electric trucks are joining them soon, as Ford made a electric truck which has a great towing capacity, and also that a self drive features not fully but that has, same like this the deisel engine towing truck truck are going to be replaced with electric trucks currently i am using Ram deisel engine truck which i use for 24 Hour Towing in New York, willing to replace with electric truck. 

Edited by allen2439