Jeff King

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If we go down Popescu, Haldky etc will get snapped up by bottom six premiership clubs. I could see Livi in for Pop, especially since Halkett is off to Hearts. I though i read Pop was happy to remain in Scotland, but hadn't narrowed that down to one club?

I doubt Livi would be willing to pay the transfer fee. 

Who knew Jeff made as many as 3 appearances for us among his 16  appearances in 5 seasons where he hammered in 2 goals (averaging just under half a goal a season) as a winger / attacking midfielder also capable of playing centre forward? Over to you Wendy to extol the virtues of Jeff King over Myles Hippolyte or Ross Stewart (centre forward) both deemed not good enough by Alan Stubbs.

Eh?

What on earth has Jeff a King got to do with Hippolyte or Stewart not being good enough?

:1eye

50 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Ah, but according to Dibbles we’d be in the top 6 if only we’d kept Myles Hippolyte! emoji23.png

I don't remember ever saying Stubbs looked capable of taking us into the top 6, or that Jack Ross would have got us there if he had stayed and used last year's team and also felt that given the absolute cack Stubbs signed that Oran Kearney would do well to keep us in contention of staying up.

The point I made back in the summer was that Stubbs was in danger of being stuck with an unhappy and divided dressing room due to the way he had conducted himself during his first few weeks and  would probably have been better sticking with the remnants of Jack Ross's squad instead of sweetening deals to move on Ross Stewart and Hippolyte and replace them with Jeff King and Nicolai Brock-Madsen. It was very clear in Stubbs short reign that his treatment of the players he inherited had predictable results for morale and squad unity and he compounded this by signing 8 duds out of 11 (I've stopped short of including Cody Cooke, a striker with no league goals as a dud).

Stubbs froze players out the first team set up without seeing them play a competitive game for us, shipped out players on sweetened deals, brought in replacements who have nearly all had to be paid off and we've then had sign another squad in January and wait for them to settle and gel. If you want to try and lampoon me for calling that bad management then be my guest keep trying..