Player of the Season 2019

Lets be honest, this competition only started in January 2019...

Who wins is between Mihail Popescu and Ryan Flynn.

Keep fighting it out between yourself boys, keep those storming performances coming!

This season will end with St Mirren 10th in the league, our supporters recognised as the best in the league.....and one of Popescu or Flynn named player of the season

Who wins your vote so far?

In a season where we have not scored very many goals and our midfield has included about 12 different players, it might just be time for a defender to win POTS

Popescu is absolute class, as is Hladky in goals, but for the entire season long, despite a few critics on here Jack Baird has been there at the heart of our defence through both halves of the season. He has made the most blocks, won the most tackles and headers and although he made one or two errors, I take my hat off to the lad who IS our longest serving player. Home grown talent

I know he does not do the magic stuff that fans crave - but he does the dull but vital stuff in our half.

I hope he rounds his season off with a goal or two for us to cap his season with some of the stuff the fans do notice...  :spud7

Player of the SEASON.  Having been to just about every game this season, the player who most consistently did a job for us was Paul McGInn.  Hladky is undoubtedly a class act and Popescou has been immense since his arrival but over the whole season I reckon Paul McGinn should be a contender.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

Just now, East Lothian Saint said:

Player of the SEASON.  Having been to just about every game the player who most consistently done a job for us was Paul McGInn.  Hladky is undoubtedly a class act and Popescou has been immense since his arrival but over the whole season I reckon Paul McGinn should be a contender.

After Baird he would be a close 2nd place for me. He has contributed well... I would not be upset if he took the award. For me it is one of those two - they have played more first team minutes than any other player this season and contributed the most for our survival by doing their jobs very well.

Liking the opinions on here. Popescu and Hladky have been excellent since they joined. Baird and Paul McGinn were also mentioned above and are a fair shout as they have both competed for the full season. Ideally it should be someone who’s been here the whole season, although the impact from Popescu and Hladky is hard to ignore.

43 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Good Grief. I thought the Paul McGinn and Jack Baird nominations were made in jest, but it seems some of you are serious!

To be fair, the Ryan Flynn nomination is equally ridiculous, given his non performance in the first half of the season.

Popescu or Hladky for me.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

To be fair, the Ryan Flynn nomination is equally ridiculous, given his non performance in the first half of the season.

Popescu or Hladky for me.

So Flynn is out cause he only performed for 1/2 a season but Popescu or Hladky, who also only played for 1/2 a season are your nominations for POT SEASON . .

I am not having a dig at you, but it does seem flawed logic to me...

We only have a few people who have contributed to our entire season in a positive way. Guys like Stephen McGinn, but he has been carrying an injury and then missed a few games too. Other than Paul McGinn and Jack Baird, who else has been there for the entire season - cause the points we gained in both halves make or break our season?

Hladky looks a magnificent find. Probably kept scorelines down by quite a bit on a few occasions, especially January/early Feb.

Popescu has also been an unbelievable addition. Has everything you want in a defender. Would be nice to cap off his time with us, with a goal too. Could wee realistically sign him permanently season end when survival is confirmed?

Flynn, has been like a new signing since the turn of the year. An absolute leader in the middle of the field and seems to have found his best position with a great form of consistency.

Following the above 3, I would possibly add Baird and P McGinn to that. They have survived the big changes made in the last window and have added to the cause of our turnaround of form.

Edited by kevo_smfc

37 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So Flynn is out cause he only performed for 1/2 a season but Popescu or Hladky, who also only played for 1/2 a season are your nominations for POT SEASON . .

I am not having a dig at you, but it does seem flawed logic to me...

We only have a few people who have contributed to our entire season in a positive way. Guys like Stephen McGinn, but he has been carrying an injury and then missed a few games too. Other than Paul McGinn and Jack Baird, who else has been there for the entire season - cause the points we gained in both halves make or break our season?

Hladky and Popescu didn't get the chance to play for us for the first half of the season.

Flynn did, and contributed nothing IMO.

I thought that might be obvious.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Hladky and Popescu didn't get the chance to play for us for the first half of the season.

Flynn did, and contributed nothing IMO.

I thought that might be obvious.

That is obvious as is my point that none of them contributed for the entire season, whereas P. McGinn and Baird have ..

Anyway no issue either way . . . 

36 minutes ago, guinness said:

Baird won the tile bar supporters club poty.  As we voted in march some of the others ie popescu had only played about 9 matches.

According to wiki Popescu has only played 10 league games, plus 1 cup game for us . .

Jack Baird has played in 35  this season already 

POTS with a max of 18 games or one who could play 42.

For me they have both played well, and well together . . . remember Baird had to play alongside KP - remember him

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Baird won the tile bar supporters club poty.  As we voted in march some of the others ie popescu had only played about 9 matches.

Why on earth are you having a player of the season ceremony in March?

Never mentioned a ceremony. Has to be voted in time to organize the end of season do. There were only two away games left of the regular season to take the vote . suppose it could have been done a wee bit later but you would need to ask the organisers. Think the outcome would have been the same anyway.