Player of the Season 2019

52 minutes ago, guinness said:

Never mentioned a ceremony. Has to be voted in time to organize the end of season do. There were only two away games left of the regular season to take the vote . suppose it could have been done a wee bit later but you would need to ask the organisers. Think the outcome would have been the same anyway.

:lol::lol:

What a bunch of clowns. 

28 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

So let me get this straight.

You are calling some folk a bunch of clowns because they voted for their poty just now and you are doing so in thread that you started about asking who the poty is?

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Pretty clearly says "so far" in my question you utter cretin.

The thread is a discussion on who has been the best player since January. 

I don't think a discussion on the performance of the team will be of any interest to you anyway. It doesn't seem to be what you come here for at all.

54 minutes ago, guinness said:

What an arsehole

Sorry bud, nothing personal. Just found the idea of this "committee" not being able to come up with a better plan than getting a POTY trophy made up for Jack Baird in the middle of winter quite amusing.

According to wiki Popescu has only played 10 league games, plus 1 cup game for us . .
Jack Baird has played in 35  this season already 
POTS with a max of 18 games or one who could play 42.
For me they have both played well, and well together . . . remember Baird had to play alongside KP - remember him

Remember KP, I sponsored him......

7 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, Sweeper07 said:
According to wiki Popescu has only played 10 league games, plus 1 cup game for us . .
Jack Baird has played in 35  this season already 
POTS with a max of 18 games or one who could play 42.
For me they have both played well, and well together . . . remember Baird had to play alongside KP - remember him

Remember KP, I sponsored him......

OOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS !     Hey Buddie you did so for ALL the right reasons.

He struck me as someone who was mentally slow. This is not a dig at mental health or anything of that ilk. I 'd bet (metaphorically) that he was a lot faster and keener when he was younger, and therefore showed real promise. Who knows, it is only a hunch, but if true, he has had some knocks and not really recovered.. Shame for us, had it turned out a whole load better, we would all (mostly, apart from the dafties) have been really pleased.

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is a constant stream from him . . . desperately seeking attention - trying to get a rise    :spud7

I know. I usually ignore his pish but was weak this time - just like his bladder.

1 minute ago, turrabuddie said:

Naw, done for this season. Picked two and both gone.
Picked them because I didn't think anyone else would, not because no-one should !

Club needs supporters and sponsors like you - there are others who sponsored others who are long gone too, but it all helps the club to attract players . . . over time, better ones we hope! :cheers

17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think we might need to rename this as POT 1/2 S at this rate …:bounce2

Three players have played in almost every game this season - Baird and the McGinns - and those 3, along with Hammill have been the most instrumental in keeping us in touch during the first half of the season. No mean feat considering who they had to play along side. Popescu is certainly the most talented player we have at the moment and he would also be included in my POY nominations.

Paul McGinn is certainly worth a shout as he has been asked to play in several different positions this season; popped up with an occasional goal to help get us points and is now vice Captain. Always gives 100%.