6 - 3 + ,1

11 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

How would you feel if Saints switched  Dreyer for Ferdinand for the Celtic game ?

If he is fit, an extra defender might stifle them, but we if we can we do need to have a wee go at some point in the game. If we could keep it tight and then go at them for the last 25 minutes, without being gung ho, I would be happy with that kind of tactic. Hopefully they will play their reserves after beating that other mob today . . . 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

If he is fit, an extra defender might stifle them, but we if we can we do need to have a wee go at some point in the game. If we could keep it tight and then go at them for the last 25 minutes, without being gung ho, I would be happy with that kind of tactic. Hopefully they will play their reserves after beating that other mob today . . . 

It would be a very flexible 6-3-1, as it would allow Popescu the opportunity to stroll forward and support the midfield three , and both full backs would push forward . We would though have to get all the big guys up anytime we are able to put the ball  in their box .

We aren't seriously suggesting playing 4 centre halfs, 2 full backs and 1 striker? Celtic are a good attacking side with pace especially if Burke and Weah play but f**k me, If I see we have picked Ferdinand, Baird, MacKenzie, Popescu, PMcGinn and Muzek then ill be going straight up the road.

Remember when Gus used to be criticised for being negative despite generally playing 442 or 352? This place would have erupted if he played that many defensive players