Saints vs Celtic Wed 3/4/19

No thread yet? :blink:

After yesterday's result we should go into the game on a high and barring injuries I'd go with the same starting 11. A win for Celtic today, especially if it is hard fought, would suit us especially if they arrive at GHR in a post-coital mood.

We have to match the attitude we showed against them back in September for OKs first game in charge - COYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Hopefully Celtic win today and have a giant f**king party! Them showing up hungover should make it more of an even match.

Muzek, Dreyer and Lyons on to the bench I reckon. Maybe Anton in for Baird too.

We have a decent chance of picking up a point or three at home here. I don't want to see any of this "anything against them is a bonus" pish. We should be able to compete.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Hopefully Celtic win today and have a giant f**king party! Them showing up hungover should make it more of an even match.

We have a decent chance of picking up a point or three at home here. I don't want to see any of this "anything against them is a bonus" pish. We should be able to compete.

Wait a minute Kemp. I’m right behind you on the score of not going into matches already beaten or with a defeatist attitude, but there in absolutely nothing wrong with saying any points gained will be a bonus. That is abolutely true. If we were.in the business of budgeting for points, this would not be a game where we’d be expecting any.

Celtic have won 8 out of 15 away league matches this season, with 4 defeats and 3 draws.

Half the time the opposition take something from them.

I don't think we should treat it as some incredible "bonus" to get something out of the game. It is a game I expect our players to compete in, and a point or three here could make all the difference at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Your getting it all wrong mate. If Celtic win today then go one to beat us their title will be confirmed at our ground. None of us want that. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Your getting it all wrong mate. If Celtic win today then go one to beat us their title will be confirmed at our ground. None of us want that. 

Win today and they would be 13 pts clear with 21 pts still to play for. How are you calculating they can win the title on Wednesday?

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nope. It's you who is getting it all wrong.

No combination of results today or on Wednesday would see them winning the league in Paisley..

If Rangers lose today and on Wednesday and Celtic beat us, they'd be 16 clear with 6 games left.

If McAllister is fit you’d imagine he could come in for Dreyer but Muzek, Lyons and Baird will all start unless Oran is going to rest players with Accies in mind.

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

If McAllister is fit you’d imagine he could come in for Dreyer but Muzek, Lyons and Baird will all start unless Oran is going to rest players with Accies in mind.

Muzek is poor at full back, and I think Gary Mac has just taken his centre half spot. Lyons will drop out for McGinn if he is fit.

Muzek is poor at full back, and I think Gary Mac has just taken his centre half spot. Lyons will drop out for McGinn if he is fit.

The only issue with the back three yesterday was the lack of a left sided player. Popescu and Baird took a while to settle.

IMO Muzek is up against Erhahon for the left wing back role and will likely win that battle.

McGinn won’t start on Wednesday so that one is a moot point although I believe OK would find a spot for Lyons even if he did.

The big game next week is against Hamilton. I do not see either Gary Mac or Top Bin playing against Celtic as we need them for Saturday. McAllister was woeful up at Perth but I'd try him again against Celtic to see if he has improved. And no reason to drop Muzek who put up a very good display yesterday as wing back.

50 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The big game next week is against Hamilton. I do not see either Gary Mac or Top Bin playing against Celtic as we need them for Saturday. McAllister was woeful up at Perth but I'd try him again against Celtic to see if he has improved. And no reason to drop Muzek who put up a very good display yesterday as wing back.

Gary Mac won't play on Hamilton's pitch.

Just now, FTOF said:

Is this a new thing?

He played, and scored, on QOS' pitch in the championship.

The source is nothing more reliable than my memory. I thought he had sat out games on shitey surfaces.

I'd certainly be very surprised if he plays at Hamilton having just come back from such a long period injured.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The source is nothing more reliable than my memory. I thought he had sat out games on shitey surfaces.

I'd certainly be very surprised if he plays at Hamilton having just come back from such a long period injured.

I'm sure Davis missed games on plastic pitches.

I suppose it depends on the nature of GM's injury, as to whether he plays on it or not.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Celtic 'out on their feet' against Rangers according to radio.

Shattered, leggy, players cramping up.

Very unlike Celtic to not be fit but hopefully bodes well for Wednesday night.

Looks like Tierney and Boyata will definitely be out.

I think this could be the perfect scenario for us. A really hard fought game with them going 13 points gap. A few players might be rested and those who aren't might still be feeling the effects of this one.  IF we need to play a team so superior to us you couldn't ask for a better opportunity. One day less to recover from one of their toughest games. I'd take that all day long.

COYSs

If there is actually such a thing as a good time to play Celtic, it is Wednesday. We should not give them too much respect and go into the game believing we can get something. It’s obviously a really big ask, but Dundee only lost to them in the 95 minute a couple of weeks ago and it sounds like it was a real slog for them today.