Saints vs Celtic Wed 3/4/19

2 minutes ago, delpierro said:
4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Couldn’t agree more about the eventual overall outcome tonight. Delighted.
But the way it panned out leaves a bad taste. Hate that capitulation before a ball is kicked. We all hope that we might get Celtic off the boil tonight. That’s exactly what transpired. Unfortunately we played our ressies and handed the game to them. Can’t and won’t condone that. We are lucky tonight.

Doesn't say much about our depth of squad.

No it doesn’t unfortunately, but then I wouldn’t expect our second string to beat even an off form Celtic team. 

I would have fancied our first choice to do it though. Unfortunately we’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Celtic were woeful tonight, could hardly string two passes together at times. An opportunity missed tonight.

We didn't, for the main part, give the bigots space where it mattered and harried them constantly. That's why they struggled.

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

This might explain why so many clubs are against strict liability - we would be accountable for what happens in our ground.
Sellik fans have been out of order at just about every away game this season. Football authorities do nothing.

Aye, but you wouldn't let them in the ground unless their club, who sell their tickets,  warrant their fans conduct.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We didn't, for the main part, give the bigots space where it mattered and harried them constantly. That's why they struggled.

Certainly an element of that. We are difficult to play against when we sit back. But.....no, Celtic were playing at 50% and we should have been putting a lot more pressure on that defence.

Always been against giving the bigot brothers either end of the ground as for me it gives them an advantage playing towards their own fans both half’s - get the finances part but f#ck it . If we do manage to stay up would like us to go back to just giving them the away end only.  Safety of our support and also after tonight our players is paramount. 

I hated the team selection. But, I'd say OK is vindicated. Do you risk a Flynn carrying a heel injury? Do you risk others 1 booking away from a ban? Do you risk the sublime G Mac so soon after returning? And in the end some guys got the cobwebs off that may contribute from the bench in the run in. OK, no pun intended, results went our way and imo it's now game on. Fair enough we have to beat Hamilton at their own midden, but you know what, I now believe we can. Let's do this chaps!

This might explain why so many clubs are against strict liability - we would be accountable for what happens in our ground.
Sellik fans have been out of order at just about every away game this season. Football authorities do nothing.

How would we be responsible for their behaviour? Strict liability would mean Celtic being responsible for their fans behaviour

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Couldn’t agree more about the eventual overall outcome tonight. Delighted.

But the way it panned out leaves a bad taste. Hate that capitulation before a ball is kicked. We all hope that we might get Celtic off the boil tonight. That’s exactly what transpired. Unfortunately we played our ressies and handed the game to them. Can’t and won’t condone that. We are lucky tonight.

Don't think we capitulated at any point tonight. We had a number of decent attempts and even at 2 down we had a real opportunity for a goal back.

We could play them 100 times and most games would be defeat for us, a rare draw and every blue moon we win - the later usually results in their manager getting sacked!

There were many positives tonight for us - guys rested for Saturday, other guys given match fitness opportunities at the highest level and against the best team in Scotland etc. AND

Fresh legs whereas Hamilton picked their best players and against lost, had no attempts on goal etc. We need to get right into them and believe - cause they are not a good side...

7 minutes ago, Dare said:

Always been against giving the bigot brothers either end of the ground as for me it gives them an advantage playing towards their own fans both half’s - get the finances part but f#ck it . If we do manage to stay up would like us to go back to just giving them the away end only.  Safety of our support and also after tonight our players is paramount. 

There was more at the game on Saturday than tonight.  Also if your going to play reserves and not try to go forward, Sky bet first half possession 90 10 to them then charge reserve prices not 27 quid 

Guest TPAFKATS
Celtic were woeful tonight, could hardly string two passes together at times. An opportunity missed tonight.

Celtic were decent in the first half, poor in second.
They weren't woeful for the whole game. We changed our approach a bit in second half which helped us, however I'd have liked to see us go for it a bit in last quarter.

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, but you wouldn't let them in the ground unless their club, who sell their tickets,  warrant their fans conduct.
Mibees, but it's never been fully explained as it's never been fully proposed here.

In case if celtic, don't they already bring their own stewards?

Guest TPAFKATS

How would we be responsible for their behaviour? Strict liability would mean Celtic being responsible for their fans behaviour
That's one way of doing it, however clubs are held accountable for what happens within their ground. So depending on how it's proposed for Scotland, we could be held at least partly accountable for something like tonights incident.
Given how incompetent football authorities in Scotland are, I wouldn't have much faith in them taking a sensible approach.

Guest TPAFKATS

The main disappointment for me tonight was the lack of protest from our players. The debatable first goal, penalty award and even brown's stamp which was witnessed by McGinn all met with meek acceptance.
We're in a relegation battle ffs!

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The main disappointment for me tonight was the lack of protest from our players. The debatable first goal, penalty award and even brown's stamp which was witnessed by McGinn all met with meek acceptance.
We're in a relegation battle ffs!

Indeed, the whole thing had the air of a training match. Should have been chasing the linesman up the park after the first goal was awarded.

Great management tonight.
Played exactly the way we should have.
If we'd had a go at them we'd be sitting here nursing at least a 5-0 tonking.
On to Saturday now having suffered no collateral damage and with key players fit and rested.
The bigot fans really are scum. Not that this observation was ever in any doubt.
This! Totally agree.

We missed a trick tonight...........

The Keeper should have went off at the Banger incident.Terrible pains in his head,thought he had perforated eardrums.We had already used our subs so it would have put us down to 10 men with an outfield player in goals for the last few mins.

Wouldn't have done us any good but it would have caused a lot of controversy.

Am I bad?

Guest TPAFKATS
The Keeper should have went off at the Banger incident.Terrible pains in his head,thought he had perforated eardrums.We had already used our subs so it would have put us down to 10 men with an outfield player in goals for the last few mins.
Am I bad?
The sort of shit housing that Sergio Ramos would've been proud of.

50 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Don't think we capitulated at any point tonight. We had a number of decent attempts and even at 2 down we had a real opportunity for a goal back.

We could play them 100 times and most games would be defeat for us, a rare draw and every blue moon we win - the later usually results in their manager getting sacked!

There were many positives tonight for us - guys rested for Saturday, other guys given match fitness opportunities at the highest level and against the best team in Scotland etc. AND

Fresh legs whereas Hamilton picked their best players and against lost, had no attempts on goal etc. We need to get right into them and believe - cause they are not a good side...

Sweeper, I’m with you on most of your posts but we absolutely did not have “a number of decent attempts tonight”. Well, I suppose that’s a lie because one is a number and one is how many decent attempts we had tonight. That was an (albeit good) speculative effort from Cooke. There was also an opening or a chance for Nazon which didn’t even result in a shot at goal. 

If you think that’s acceptable fair enough, otherwise you’re going to have to remind me of all the other decent attempts we had.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Am I bad?

Should have taken the team off the pitch. 

Kearney is a disgrace, to go out and not try and win a game of football is disgraceful. Its disrespectful to the club, fans and players...at Parkhead he accepted defeat before game started and tonight he accepted defeat, this is totally unacceptable. If Hamilton and Dundee had won tonight it would look a lot worse for him as he would have no idea what was going to happen in those games and had his fingers crossed. Absolutely shat it tonight to try and win game, people with this mentality should not be near the club. His team selection was poor and as for S McGinn think he was playing for them. Looked overweight, slow and totally unfit, waste of a jersey tonight...