Saints vs Celtic Wed 3/4/19

Just now, Balmullo Bud said:

The Duck will get cited for his elbow tonight. What a chance to make it 1-1 too.
Could’ve been worse scoreline with that team tonight, and effort was there. Move on to Saturday quickly. COYS

Hopefully, then, so will Brown.  Him being done won't affect us in future games, but at least it might show some level of fairness.

The club have to make a strong stand on that incident at the end.

They have to be asking what they're paying for with regards to Police and Stewarding costs? What are the SFA doing to protect players? What are the club themselves doing to stand up for the safety of the players and fans? Time to stand strong, the club didn't hit the wall and miss when it came to our own fans...

With regards to the game we never came close, we settled for defeat far too easily. Protecting goal difference maybe? We drew with Celtic with a far weaker side earlier in the season... I suppose we'll never know. Saturday is now even more of a must win than before.

Edited by W6Saint

The Duck will get cited for his elbow tonight. What a chance to make it 1-1 too.
Could’ve been worse scoreline with that team tonight, and effort was there. Move on to Saturday quickly. COYS

I don’t think it was deliberate only thing that might save him I think he was trying to shake ajer off his arm and he’s caught him by accident.

3 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

Hopefully, then, so will Brown.  Him being done won't affect us in future games, but at least it might show some level of fairness.

Aye in fairness to the panel tonight, if it comes down to trial by television then they were just as adamant (if not even more so) that Brown’s was a red all day long. Unanimous.

Sad to say as well that Sutton called it bang on that Kearney was beaten tonight before a ball was kicked,

Guest TPAFKATS
The club have to make a strong stand on that incident at the end.
They have to be asking what they're paying for with regards to Police and Stewarding costs? What are the SFA doing to protect players? What are the club themselves doing to stand up for the safety of the players and fans? Time to stand strong the club, didn't hit the wall and miss when it came to our own fans...
With regards to the game we never came close, we settled for defeat ar too easily. Protecting goal difference maybe? We drew with Celtic with a far weaker side earlier in the season... I suppose we'll never know. Saturday is now even more of a must win than before.
This might explain why so many clubs are against strict liability - we would be accountable for what happens in our ground.
Sellik fans have been out of order at just about every away game this season. Football authorities do nothing.

Great management tonight.

Played exactly the way we should have.

If we'd had a go at them we'd be sitting here nursing at least a 5-0 tonking.

On to Saturday now having suffered no collateral damage and with key players fit and rested.

The bigot fans really are scum. Not that this observation was ever in any doubt.

Haven’t read any of the posts at all , can only imagine the initial responses to the line up .... probably the same as mine, wtf ?
That said, I thought Cooke done very well, won most things in the air and chased well . Kellerman again was ok but looked f**ked after 30 mins. Corbu had a good game ..... & I’m sorry big Ferdy looks finished [emoji20]
We never looked like winning but better teams than us will get stuffed by that Septic team. Thought Hladky again done well, Popescu and Baird were really good and Cammy Mac put in a helluva shift .

Ach well , onwards and upwards

32 minutes ago, delpierro said:

We offered nothing in the 1st half and had a wee chance in 2nd half.
We are a pish poor team whose league position reflects that.
Are we now are group of fans who accept mediocrity from professional and handsomely paid, footballers.

You do realise we were playing the league championship elect? The team that cost millions to assemble and overall have far better players.  We are second bottom because we are not a good team so what were you expecting. Also consider OK made 6 changes from Saturdays side to ensure freshness for a game we can compete in and win.

Edited by nedflanders123

We had the toughest fixture of the three bottom sides tonight so ending the day no worse off than we were is a kinda positive I suppose. Dundee and Hamilton supporters will be more disappointed than we are tonight.

Off topic, Livi vs Hamilton tonight attracted 1022 spectators. How the flying f*ck can we be below these two teams that nobody seems to give a shit about ? 

I thought the boy Corbu was fairly decent and may have played his way in to the first team.

Not the first time very disappointed with the lacking of attacking intent, and lack of composure on the ball. I won't be paying to watch us under Oran Kearney play Celtic again if that his attitude to these games. By all means sit back and surrender possesion, but there needs to be a plan to attack once we do get the ball.

Supporters short changed tonight.

Great management tonight.
Played exactly the way we should have.
If we'd had a go at them we'd be sitting here nursing at least a 5-0 tonking.
On to Saturday now having suffered no collateral damage and with key players fit and rested.
The bigot fans really are scum. Not that this observation was ever in any doubt.
So, as supporter you are virtually signalling for supporters to not attend games cos we're going get f**ked.
Shocking surrendering.

4 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

its all about Saturday

huge game...HUGE

GD never took a hit

2nd string team ( almost) and we are no worse off

im delighted tonight

it could of been much much worse

Couldn’t agree more about the eventual overall outcome tonight. Delighted.

But the way it panned out leaves a bad taste. Hate that capitulation before a ball is kicked. We all hope that we might get Celtic off the boil tonight. That’s exactly what transpired. Unfortunately we played our ressies and handed the game to them. Can’t and won’t condone that. We are lucky tonight.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But the way it panned out leaves a bad taste. Hate that capitulation before a ball is kicked. We all hope that we might get Celtic off the boil tonight. That’s exactly what transpired. Unfortunately we played our ressies and handed the game to them. Can’t and won’t condone that. We are lucky tonight.

Celtic were woeful tonight, could hardly string two passes together at times. An opportunity missed tonight.

Doesn't say much about our depth of squad.

1 minute ago, delpierro said:

So, as supporter you are virtually signalling for supporters to not attend games cos we're going get f**ked.
Shocking surrendering.

Drama queen alert!:lol:

Where did I signal that supporters shouldn't attend games?

Go for a lie down.