Saints vs Celtic Wed 3/4/19

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

We need a result on Saturday, especially if the result is as expected tomorrow night, and Dundee get something from the fakes.

and yes every other game will be massive, as long as we stay within a result of coming 11th. 

I'd much prefer we are safe in 10th and cannot be caught !   :ninja

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Still got 21 pts to play for ------- 9th still on :guinness

Watch out, you will get shot down by the pessimists . . .  :spud5 I would guess that 33 points might be just enough, i.e. 13 more 4 wins and a draw - and Hamilton get no more than 9 points.

I just think knowing we are staying up as early as possible makes for better planning for next season.

Gus has still being looking for new players - hoping he attracts more like the best last time around...   :spud6

Edited by Sweeper07
added more

No reason we can’t get something from this. Our crappy Stubbs squad with added Anton helped them to a draw last time in Paisley. Celtic also had a far superior manager in Rodgers back then compared to Neil “everyone hates me” Lennon. Add in the fact the bigots are coming off the back of the bigotfest win, and the title is nearly sealed, urgency may not be of the same levels than if the battle was tighter.

We will have to be at our best and still hope the bigots have an off day, but getting something from this is achievable and it could also end up being very crucial.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My prediction post split is that we’ll beat Dundee away, Fakes at Home and Hamilton at home. We’ll lose to Motherwell away and get a point away to Livvy. This will be enough to finish 10th. In fact even if we only get 9 points, I think that will be sufficient. 

Any of the bottom three that gets nine points post split will be staying up. And will have hit form they could only have dreamed of thus far.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My prediction post split is that we’ll beat Dundee away, Fakes at Home and Hamilton at home. We’ll lose to Motherwell away and get a point away to Livvy. This will be enough to finish 10th. In fact even if we only get 9 points, I think that will be sufficient. 

Hope you are right on this - it would be no mean feat though - the big deal is these so called 6 pointers against the 2 who are fighting with us for survival.

The unknown factor though could come into play over the final 2 fixtures of the season. If any team cannot be passed, they might just not keep their foot on the gas. This could go for OR against us...   Hence the reason I was proposing 1 win more (possibly against Hamilton before the split)

All those reasons you mentioned are not as strong as the desire to stay up when your are fighting for your life.
Every footballer under the sun has some reason to win a game of football so to be pedantic about it, of course they want to win. But a team fighting for their life vs a team with nothing to play for definitely has some effect on the game.
Agree, but I didn't see Dundee team on Saturday playing like their livelihoods depended on it. Our players wanted it much more, and it showed.

Hladky

Baird     Popescu    Gary Mac

McGinn                                                    Muzek 

McAllister Flynn Lyons Dreyer

Duck

Subs: Holmes, Ferdinand, Corbu, MacPherson, McGinn, Jackson, Mullen

Crowd 7,314

Score - not even going there 

27 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hladky

Duck

Crowd 7,314

Not a bad selection and who knows who OK will pick, but I cannot see him setting up with both MacAllister and Dreyer. I also wonder how much he will have one eye on Saturday - no disrespect - the 3 points in that game count better as they could guarantee a loss and negative goal difference to a rival (counting double)

It would not surprise me if S. McGinn got a start to give him 40 - 60 minutes from the start, before the weekend.

Cannot see Mullen lose his place either. Is it worth resting Flynn to let him recover from his injury too? Possibly McGinn for Flynn and Mullen for MacAllister.

We will soon see.. but hope like you we get a scoring draw or a surprise win...

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Hladky

Duck

Crowd 7,314

Crowd 6450

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Coming up for this with four tic fans staying in the Watermill. Few drinks then I hope on to the Indian in Moss street. Would be amazing to get anything from the game we live and hope. 

You and 4 Celtics Fans - 4-1 already and we havent even kicked off yet:zipit

In all seriousness, any game v the ugly sisters is a free hit. They are a far better team end of.....

I just dont want what Dundee got, a 96th minute loss. Either get beat or scramble something........................ thats demoralising, we need to be upbeat

No reason why we cant frustrate the hell out of them again................................

Take some shots

50 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Back to crap weather again. Maybe we only play well in the sunshine?

Good old sliding tackle on Sinclair and Weah  early doors to see how keen they are...

(assuming this leaked team is correct)

0_lineup-2.png 

18 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Good old sliding tackle on Sinclair and Weah  early doors to see how keen they are...

(assuming this leaked team is correct)

0_lineup-2.png 

If true we need to stop Hayes going forward and get in behind him quick too.

Compper - is he even fit? It will be a real bonus to us if Brown, Tierney, Forrest, and Edouard are rested/not in the starting line up - and Christie, Boyata, and Griffiths not fit too.

It looks like they are planning to attack - think there is scope for us to attack them with that defence, but we will need to watch Weah and Sinclair - like you a few hard tackles generally show whether they are up for it or not

55 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

If true we need to stop Hayes going forward and get in behind him quick too.

Compper - is he even fit? It will be a real bonus to us if Brown, Tierney, Forrest, and Edouard are rested/not in the starting line up - and Christie, Boyata, and Griffiths not fit too.

It looks like they are planning to attack - think there is scope for us to attack them with that defence, but we will need to watch Weah and Sinclair - like you a few hard tackles generally show whether they are up for it or not

Mowbray tried that tactic- that went well:whistle

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

We must be due a league win over Celtic. Hopefully tonight's the night. 

Eh is it ???

Financial Highlights

• Group revenue increased by 12.1% to £101.6m (2017: £90.6m)

• Operating expenses including labour increased by 14.1% to £87.1m (2017: £76.3m)

• Gain on sale of player registrations of £16.5m (2017: £2.3m)

• Acquisition of player registrations of £16.6m (2017: £13.8m)

• Profit before taxation of £17.3m (2017: £6.9m)

• Year-end cash net of bank borrowings of £36.1m (2017: £17.9m)

• Year-end net cash, net of debt and debt like items, of £27.0m (2017: £13.4m)

3 draws in 32 games and 28 losses------

We are due nothing unless we are collossal and they are pants

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Eh is it ???

Financial Highlights

• Group revenue increased by 12.1% to £101.6m (2017: £90.6m)

• Operating expenses including labour increased by 14.1% to £87.1m (2017: £76.3m)

• Gain on sale of player registrations of £16.5m (2017: £2.3m)

• Acquisition of player registrations of £16.6m (2017: £13.8m)

• Profit before taxation of £17.3m (2017: £6.9m)

• Year-end cash net of bank borrowings of £36.1m (2017: £17.9m)

• Year-end net cash, net of debt and debt like items, of £27.0m (2017: £13.4m)

3 draws in 32 games and 28 losses------

We are due nothing unless we are collossal and they are pants

I'm aware of their financial prowess. Only said/ hoped that we must be due a win as these things happen sometimes. Every now and again we turn over the bigger teams. 

Hladky

Duck

Crowd 7,314
Would be surprised if McKenzie plays 2 games in a week. I think Ferdinand might come in for this one. Think there will be a few changes.