Option to Buy

Do any of the "in the know" fuds know the deal with Popescu?

I assume an "option to buy" means there is a price fixed already in the loan contract? (It would be a pointless term otherwise, as surely there is always an "option to buy" if you have enough money)

How much is it and how can we raise the funds to keep this guy at St Mirren next season?

32 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I assume an "option to buy" means there is a price fixed already in the loan contract? (It would be a pointless term otherwise, as surely there is always an "option to buy" if you have enough money)

How much is it and how can we raise the funds to keep this guy at St Mirren next season?

I am sure it was around £150k, though that came from a romanian source at the time.

Would be great to get him signed up for that fee. Get him on a decent length contract and be prepared for the fact that he will move on to bigger things, and we can make a bit of money on him - after he's helped us to some measure of success...

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Would be great to get him signed up for that fee. Get him on a decent length contract and be prepared for the fact that he will move on to bigger things, and we can make a bit of money on him - after he's helped us to some measure of success...

I think in the short time he has been with us, he has justified taking a gamble on paying a fee for him if affordable, rather than Stubbs' flawed judgment on Heaton for a transfer fee.

Guest TPAFKATS
I am sure it was around £150k, though that came from a romanian source at the time.
I thought it was €300k which might be f**k all depending on how brexit goes...
Aye, I'm a dreamer

14 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Highly annoying to think we spunked 75K on Heaton. If that 150K figure is true, we’d have been halfway there already.

How is he getting on at Kidderminster? Surely he’s worth 100K+ by now...

He hasn't played or been in the match day squad since having a last 2 minutes sub appearance at the beginning of March.

Guest TPAFKATS
He hasn't played or been in the match day squad since having a last 2 minutes sub appearance at the beginning of March.
We can look forward to him being back with us for year 2 of his contract next season then.

15 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Highly annoying to think we spunked 75K on Heaton. If that 150K figure is true, we’d have been halfway there already.

I've had a read through match reports when he has featured, and he only seems to get mentioned in a negative way... 'should have been sent off', 'made the mistake that led to the goal', that sort of thing. Looks like he might have had some injury issues as well.

I was very much hoping he might turn into a player and that we'd get at least some of our money back. That ain't happening, is it?

16 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

From what I believe the 75k included add-ons and was not all paid at once, so we haven't paid the whole 75k thus far. He's not getting a game the now at Kidderminster, not even on the bench, though possibly injured...again. If we can cut our ties with him before paying the full amount then that would be great as he is never going to develop playing at that level.

Was it confirmed that we only actually paid 25k for Heaton though? The rest was to be paid after certain milestones are reached, which obviously is never going to happen.

Stubbs really was a lazy bastard, I assume he took one look at Kpekewa and Heaton and thought "aye, they'll do, I'll build a defence around that...."

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Weren't there rumours that he took no looks at them... :ph34r:

Would it have mattered either way? He signed duds - was it because he did not bother to see if they could play or that he had no clue?

The issue surely is that Stubbs was useless as a manager.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Was it confirmed that we only actually paid 25k for Heaton though? 

I never seen proper official confirmation of it, but some on here seem to believe so (not that it makes it true). I bloody hope we only wasted the 25K, still too much for a guy who’s highlight for us was a clean sheet against Queen’s Park.

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Weren't there rumours that he took no looks at them... :ph34r:

The worrying thing is Stubbs seen Heaton at V9. Either the quality was absolutely dire (hence why they are all in English non-league), or Stubbs was a complete failure in judging how good you needed to be for the SPL (well, that second part is definitely true anyway). Bizarre considering he knew the Scottish Championship having managed there for two years.

Guest TPAFKATS
The worrying thing is Stubbs seen Heaton at V9. Either the quality was absolutely dire (hence why they are all in English non-league), or Stubbs was a complete failure in judging how good you needed to be for the SPL (well, that second part is definitely true anyway). Bizarre considering he knew the Scottish Championship having managed there for two years.
Or there were kickbacks for signings made from V9.

6 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

From what I believe the 75k included add-ons and was not all paid at once, so we haven't paid the whole 75k thus far. He's not getting a game the now at Kidderminster, not even on the bench, though possibly injured...again. If we can cut our ties with him before paying the full amount then that would be great as he is never going to develop playing at that level.

That would possibly explain him not getting a single minute of action in the league for us - possibly an add on when he makes his league debut, more after 20 games etc.

If we get relegated we will be buying no one. And I don't think he will not want to play in the championship. So all ifs and buts at the moment

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
On 4/1/2019 at 9:53 AM, Kemp said:

If we get relegated we will be buying no one. And I don't think he will not want to play in the championship. So all ifs and buts at the moment

We won't be getting relegated though.