Option to Buy

On 4/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

I never seen proper official confirmation of it, but some on here seem to believe so (not that it makes it true). I bloody hope we only wasted the 25K, still too much for a guy who’s highlight for us was a clean sheet against Queen’s Park.

The worrying thing is Stubbs seen Heaton at V9. Either the quality was absolutely dire (hence why they are all in English non-league), or Stubbs was a complete failure in judging how good you needed to be for the SPL (well, that second part is definitely true anyway). Bizarre considering he knew the Scottish Championship having managed there for two years.

He managed at Scottish Championship level for 2 years without getting a Hibs team which included Anthony Stokes, Jason Cummings, Dylan McGeoch, John McGinn, Scott Allan to the play off finals. That's some achievement... and to think he turned up at La Manga and told St Mirren's championship winners to throw away their winner's medals!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

He managed at Scottish Championship level for 2 years without getting a Hibs team which included Anthony Stokes, Jason Cummings, Dylan McGeoch, John McGinn, Scott Allan to the play ff finals. That's some achievement... and to think he turned up at La Managa and told St Mirren's championship winners to throw away their winner's medals!

What you’ve said there was the exact reason I never wanted Stubbs in the first place. Immediate alarm bells were ringing there. Robbie Neilson’s youthful Hearts side were around 20 points clear of Hibs when they won the league.