Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

8 hours ago, elvis said:

Tickets all sold out.

This is when we get guys who have never been to an away game and, just as the teams kick off, they search for their seat as per the ticket to discover we have all just taken any available seat.

Edited by E=Mc2
Typo

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

TEAM NEWS - well my  guess

Hladky

1.              Baird     Popescu    

McGinn                                                    Muzek 

McGinn Flynn Lyons

Mullen                 Duck

Subs 7 from  : GK :Holmes,     Defence: Corbu, MacKenzie, Ferdinand    Midfield:   Erhahon, MacPherson, Dreyer, McAllister, Kellerman,    Attack  Jackson, Cooke,

Assuming Flynn and McGinn they will be playing. I think that leaves Oran with only one position to decide upon. It could go to MacKenzie or Corbu or Erhahon I expect. I suspect Oran will know who might best suit playing on astro - plastic surfaces and fit with his game plan best.

The GK sub is a given. If MacK has no adverse hassles from last week and he is ok on this surface, it will likely be him. That would leave Corbu, Ferdinand and Erhahon (D & Midfield) on the bench cover for defence - I'd drop Ferdinand out altogether though if we have 3 CB's playing.

Other subs : McAllister if fit, if not Dreyer, and MacPherson and have Jackson but it is a tough call leaving Cooke out altogether. So I would have him before Dreyer and Dreyer only if McAllister is not fit....  unless Magennis is ready for the bench. Will he be our "joker" this week?

For the first time all season we have nearly a full team fit that are available for the subs bench . . .

Goals for us from a CB, a McGinn and a striker

Would not disagree with most of that (I reckon Gary Mac will start). However I would  start Jackson before Nazon as this game has got to start at a really high tempo IMHO and rattle them from kick off (and get our crowd going) and Jackson works harder than Nazon.

43 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Away have a lie down.

Don't need to have a lie down....totally disgusted by any manager of our club who accept's defeat before a ball is kicked. Did it at Parkhead earlier in season and and again on Wednesday night....totally unforgivable....must fill players full of confidence...man management skills must be appalling, you should be talking your players up and sending them out full of confidence making them feel like world beaters...Kearny is sending a team out already beaten...

Don't need to have a lie down....totally disgusted by any manager of our club who accept's defeat before a ball is kicked. Did it at Parkhead earlier in season and and again on Wednesday night....totally unforgivable....must fill players full of confidence...man management skills must be appalling, you should be talking your players up and sending them out full of confidence making them feel like world beaters...Kearny is sending a team out already beaten...

You don't think OK did that with the players he picked on Wednesday whoever they happened to be ??? I doubt if anyone seriously believes he didn't.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You don't think OK did that with the players he picked on Wednesday whoever they happened to be ??? I doubt if anyone seriously believes he didn't.

Some idiots don't get the concept of utilising a squad when needed. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So he told them they were good enough to go and win the game and push on? Then picked Kellerman, a half fit McGinn, Ferdinand who hadn't played in how long? Corbu who hadn't started a game, Cook who is right out picture and played so deep he could have been in goals...i set the team up to win didn't he...

6 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

So he told them they were good enough to go and win the game and push on? Then picked Kellerman, a half fit McGinn, Ferdinand who hadn't played in how long? Corbu who hadn't started a game, Cook who is right out picture and played so deep he could have been in goals...i set the team up to win didn't he...

You set the team up ? 

So it is the actual team selection you have a beef with, that's fair enough I did too at the time. Whatever team that was picked however, I am fully convinced OK did nothing but give them confidence in his chosen game plan.

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
57 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

So it is the actual team selection you have a beef with, that's fair enough I did too at the time. Whatever team that was picked however, I am fully convinced OK did nothing but give them confidence in his chosen game plan.

You are giving him undue credit - it is not the team OK picked, it is :-

1. He hates ok and thinks Stubbs was better.

2. He thinks Samson is crap.

3. He detests the Old Firm so much that he wants them away and all their fans to disappear.

4. He wants ticket prices to be cheaper.

5. He wants players to die for the cause and not earn so much money

etc. etc. etc   BUT most of all - He wants lots of attention... keep feeding him OR ?  :ninja

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

No way he sent that team out to win the game...

I'm not saying Hamilton are a shambles or that their communication strategy is flawed but if the last time is anything to go by then do the opposite of what the Stewards tell you and you will be fine.  (Audio/volume needed)

Ok it was shambolic. Happy memories anyone

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Noise pollution

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You are honestly stating you think our manager told his players not to try and win that game. You are making a very serious accusation there !

The set-up of formation and tactics it was clear at no point did we push to win game...in position Saints are in should have thrown caution to the wind in 2nd half..the team selection and tactics made it look to try and get a draw all-day long...

Edited by gstretchuk

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You are honestly stating you think our manager told his players not to try and win that game. You are making a very serious accusation there !

How do i know what Kearney told players, imo it didn't look like we set-up to attack at any point...

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

The set-up of formation and tactics it was clear at no point did we push to win game...in position Saints are in should have thrown caution to the wind in 2nd half..the team selection and tactics made it look to try and get a draw all-day long...

So how come we did not manage a draw then ? (It is Rhetorical - I can learn NOTHING from you)  :bounce2

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

How do i know what Kearney told players, imo it didn't look like we set-up to attack at any point...

You don't know very much and you have no clue about tactics in football at this level. AND it is clear you don't watch games with ANY understanding of ability of any sorts.

BUT hey ho - keep spouting your drivel and some folk will give you the attention that you are after . . . :fire2

Make or break moment in our season tomorrow.

Hamilton win and they are gone. 7 clear with 5 to play....you're then fighting for a playoff at best.

If we win though, by jeebus it's game on....we are the only team that have consistently flattered Hamilton and made them look better.....much better.....than they are. Time to change that tomorrow and put a lot of horrible hoodoos to rest at this venue.