Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

FT 1-1

Yeah that’s fine. Dundee look like they’ve chucked it, so I guess its playoffs. Never seen us in a playoff before, looks like good fun.

I thought we should have had 1 penalty today and we got 1. The 1 we got wasn’t 1 and the 1 we didn’t was 1 though... Funny old game.

Draw about right on the balance of play. Though we could have lost in the final minutes, Hladky save and goal line clearance and we are good.

Hamilton are the 10th best team in the country and I expect they will finish there.

Tannadice on a Wednesday night? Love a bit of it.

Disappointed to be honest Hamilton now have the edge we need to rely on another team beating them and of course us also. 

Not quite as bad as that - we only need them to drop points in one more game than us as we have a much better goal difference.  

Assuming we beat them of course.

We're not done yet - today's point may be crucial

Strangely, the disappointment of not winning this match has been more than offset by Dundee losing to Dons. That's 7 defeats in a row for them and I just can't see them passing us now.

And I believe we can still overtake Hamilton over the next few games.

Strange indeed, but off to the fridge for a cold one before the National (Lake View Lad)

Settling for a point is incredibly disappointing. Pretty much means we're fighting for the playoff spot.

Worrying how long it took for Kearney to take off Jackson and Lyons who were garbage.

Definitely rode our luck with the two shots we cleared off the line.

Flynn and Hdlaky both played well again.

Wish lyons would just shoot. Confidence looked shot in the 1st half surprised he lasted so long on the park.

Hamilton are a really poor team but they seem to be our bogey team just struggle to put the ball in the back of the net against them.

Dreyer improved yet again for me today and ryan Flynn best player on the park yet again.

More confident we can even avoid the playoffs this year.

2 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Settling for a point is incredibly disappointing. Pretty much means we're fighting for the playoff spot.

Worrying how long it took for Kearney to take off Jackson and Lyons who were garbage.

Definitely rode our luck with the two shots we cleared off the line.

Flynn and Hdlaky both played well again.

5 games worth 15 points up for grabs - We beat them on our patch and Dee on theirs and the other 3 fixtures will be the deciding factor. We only need to do this and draw 1 more game than Hamilton for 10th - how is that beyond us? 

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Wish lyons would just shoot. Confidence looked shot in the 1st half surprised he lasted so long on the park.

Hamilton are a really poor team but they seem to be our bogey team just struggle to put the ball in the back of the net against them.

Dreyer improved yet again for me today and ryan Flynn best player on the park yet again.

More confident we can even avoid the playoffs this year.

I think a number of our guys were good today.  Muzek stood out for me, Popescu and Baird all played well, Hladky superb when needed, Flynn yes, Dreyer best he has played yet and confident penalty, Erhahon decent.

Mullen and Lyons the poorest today though . . 

Now looks like play-off spot v Dundee United.

It's going to be a nail-biting finish.

However we could still overtake Accies (less likely that Dundee will catch us up). If we make up 1 point on Accies before the 2 last crunch games against Accies (H) and Dundee (A) we are in with a shout.

Remember we have a much better goal difference than Accies and if we win our home game against them and lose no further ground to them we have a very real chance of finishing 3rd bottom.

Which is more do-able - finishing 3rd bottom or beating Dundee United in a play-off?

Edited by northstbuddie

5 games worth 15 points up for grabs - We beat them on our patch and Dee on theirs and the other 3 fixtures will be the deciding factor. We only need to do this and draw 1 more game than Hamilton for 10th - how is that beyond us? 

Hamilton have been above us all season. We’ve played them 3 times under Kearney this season. Lost 2 (including once in Paisley) ad drew 1.

They’re just better than us. Of course it’s possible we could turn the corner and suddenly finish above them.

Not likely though. 11th gives us a shot and would take that now.

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Now looks like play-off spot v Dundee United.

It's going to be a nail-biting finish.

However we could still overtake Accies (less likely that Dundee will catch us up). If we make up 1 point on Accies before the 2 last crunch games against Accies (H) and Dundee (A) we are in with a shout.

Remember we have a much better goal difference than Accies and if we win our home game against them and lose no further ground to them we have a very real chance of finishing 3rd bottom.

Which is more do-able - finishing 3rd bottom or beating Dundee United in a play-off?

We can do either ! I prefer 10th and getting on with new signing stuff for next season earlier though !