Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

1 minute ago, paul torfason said:

My problem is goals,against Dundee we had Danny and the duck,two absolute pests,today we have Jackson back and fail to score in open play, he is a imposter of a player, rotten,rather play a ball boy up front than him,personal opinion only

What what you say..the "coward" may abuse you for your honest opinion..

Edited by gstretchuk

3 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

So much better it was 0-0? Over the course of the game Accies somehow created the better chances despite being garbage.

It's worrying when a draw is considered a good result, and that performance is anything other than poor.

1 from 9 against Hamilton says it all

FFS. Obviously a bored Sevco fan. Says what exactly apart from your on the wrong forum

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think a number of our guys were good today.  Muzek stood out for me, Popescu and Baird all played well, Hladky superb when needed, Flynn yes, Dreyer best he has played yet and confident penalty, Erhahon decent.

Mullen and Lyons the poorest today though . . 

Isn't it just ALL about perspective?  I thought Mullen was OK, industrious and busy without being truly effective and Flynn for me had a better game than Dreyer; although he took the (very soft) penalty well, agree with your other positives apart from Erhahon, (I like the lad) but he was caught out and had several passes go astray today, not saying he was bad, but JUUUUST passable for me today, goes without saying we need strikers who PUNISH teams, and much as I like  Jacksons workrate and the Ducks industry,  we are going to need more than that ................long term.

40 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Massive result not losing today. Not a single proper shot at their keeper the whole game. We were the better team first half but we can't afford to miss the type of opportunities that Lyons had early in game. Both teams kept giving the ball back aimlessly and but for our keeper we would have lost. Frankly all three bottom teams deserve to go down based on what l have seen this season. We need to catch Hamilton as l fear for us in a playoff

You obviously did not watch the Ross County v Dundee Utd game last night. Absolute appalling for a top of the table clash. I do not want it to come down to it but I certainly would not fear either of them.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-1

Yeah that’s fine. Dundee look like they’ve chucked it, so I guess its playoffs. Never seen us in a playoff before, looks like good fun.

I thought we should have had 1 penalty today and we got 1. The 1 we got wasn’t 1 and the 1 we didn’t was 1 though... Funny old game.

Draw about right on the balance of play. Though we could have lost in the final minutes, Hladky save and goal line clearance and we are good.

Hamilton are the 10th best team in the country and I expect they will finish there.

Tannadice on a Wednesday night? Love a bit of it.

It was a stone wall penalty TC. 

Decent result not great but accies defo have an advantage on that Shitey plastic pitch. We have 5 cup finals now possibly 7 its going to be a really exciting run in which although nerve wracking will be games you really want to attend. I know I am in the minority but still think Kearney made a mistake with his team/tactics on Wednesday night but we still have a good chance of surviving. 

So much for 'resting' our stronger team on Wednesday, Livi go to porkheid and win a point, we might have got all three Wednesday if we had a team out. Kearney might regret that decision.

Livi have double our current points tally and have been better than us all season. Fair play to them today although the consensus from match reports is that they got pummelled and we’re very lucky to escape with a point.

They had 27% possession and 1 shot on target. Hardly taking it to Celtic wouldn’t you agree?

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Livi have double our current points tally and have been better than us all season. Fair play to them today although the consensus from match reports is that they got pummelled and we’re very lucky to escape with a point.

They had 27% possession and 1 shot on target. Hardly taking it to Celtic wouldn’t you agree?

I think your argument just shows how much celtic were there for the taking on Wednesday, as they certainly weren't pummeling our reserves!

I think your argument just shows how much celtic were there for the taking on Wednesday, as they certainly weren't pummeling our reserves!

No, what it shows is that irrespective of who the f**k plays, Celtic will dominate possession and, more often than not, win the game.

This is why they are Champions 8 years running.

Let this one go, you’re just making a tit of yourself.

Guest TPAFKATS

They also have 2 weeks until their next game, not 2 and a half days that we had.

Strange to see more than a few comments thinking that this means we can’t catch Accies. 

We would always have been looking to beat them at home. The draw today means that we’d just need to better them by 1 point over the other four games. I’d take that as not a bad position to be in.  

As much as Dundee are on a dismal run, it only takes 1 game to kick start a run at this stage of the season so we still need to be looking over our shoulder  and very much need to hit the ground running in the first game after the split. 

As for the game... we should have been ahead and it could have been a different game. Should have won, could have lost. Probably a decent point over all. 

Been saying for the past few weeks that Hladky is the best goalie I remember us having (back to Campbell Money).

He was excellent as usual. 

Glad to see Dreyer looking hungry and impacting the game more today. We saw glimpses of it last week which is a step in the right direction after early performances being poor. Looks very much like a confidence player and he was lacking that initially but looks to be coming on to a game. 

Going to be a dramatic run in!

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

My problem is goals,against Dundee we had Danny and the duck,two absolute pests,today we have Jackson back and fail to score in open play, he is a imposter of a player, rotten,rather play a ball boy up front than him,personal opinion only

What a bizzzare opinion it is though. 

Thought Flynn was our MOTM closely followed but Paul McGinn . Hladky mad a couple of fantastic saves and continues to impress, Ethan didn’t have his best game but two goal saving tackles / interventions .
Oh for a big forward who knows how to shot on site .

Agree with you RE Flynn.

It’s nice having a proper midfielder in the middle of the park.

Ryan has suffered from being stuck out on the left to accommodate the captain.

Thankfully the manager has finally realised that Ryan Flynn is a far better footballer than S McGinn and has adjusted the team as such.

Ryan is the best midfielder at the football club and must start as the main man in the middle from here till the end of the season.

39 minutes ago, DLBud said:

No, what it shows is that irrespective of who the f**k plays, Celtic will dominate possession and, more often than not, win the game.

This is why they are Champions 8 years running.

Let this one go, you’re just making a tit of yourself.

Oh.. is that a white flag i see being waved? That post makes you look like Rod Stewart on an treble treble.

Spot on. Both of those teams last night were much worse than any team I've seen in the top league this season.

Theyre both utter shite.

Hope if it comes to a playoff these comments are accurate. Did watch last nights game and can see the thinking but we would potentially be facing a team who have played a further two to four games, possibly winning all of these plus a relatively successful season. We on the other hand would have had no game for two weeks on top of a largely unsuccessful split if we were in this position. Simply we just don't score goals. Anyway we have five games to somehow avoid this scenario

Agree with you RE Flynn.

It’s nice having a proper midfielder in the middle of the park.

Ryan has suffered from being stuck out on the left to accommodate the captain.

Thankfully the manager has finally realised that Ryan Flynn is a far better footballer than S McGinn and has adjusted the team as such.

Ryan is the best midfielder at the football club and must start as the main man in the middle from here till the end of the season.

I’ve said from very early on that Flynn and McGinn struggle to be in the same team and play well together.
That said, both are quality players . although Flynn has the better ability and craft, McGinn has the galvanising “Captain fantastic “ quality .

Two cracking players with different attributes, can we play them together ?.? Hmm [emoji848]

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’ve said from very early on that Flynn and McGinn struggle to be in the same team and play well together.
That said, both are quality players . although Flynn has the better ability and craft, McGinn has the galvanising “Captain fantastic “ quality .

Two cracking players with different attributes, can we play them together ?.? Hmm emoji848.png

I'd say Flynn has made the holding midfield position his.

However, given how little Lyons is offering there will probably need to be another shuffle of that midfield.