Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

I'd say Flynn has made the holding midfield position his.
However, given how little Lyons is offering there will probably need to be another shuffle of that midfield.

Lyons has been poor. he seems like a very decent guy who wants to succeed and has got OKs confidence , he has convinced Blackburn there is a player there and like all other Saints,I do hope he turns out to be a gem.
That said , unfortunately we do not have the luxury of waiting for these “Ugly Ducklings” to become graceful Swans .
This is survival mode . Piss in the pot or get off .

Oh.. is that a white flag i see being waved? That post makes you look like Rod Stewart on an treble treble.

You are bat-shit mental.

You’re assertion that Livi have shown us the way we should’ve played Celtic is just your usual mixture of deranged lunacy and stubbornness.

If I’m waving any flag it’s to try to alert someone to your plight as you are not well.

Honestly do not see what you all see in the boy erahon. I think he is very poor. Would be far better with an attacking player in front of the left back. As soon as the ball goes to erahon everything slows down or goes backwards.

He’s had an up and down season but he’s 17 and playing out of position. I think he’ll benefit from this season in the long run.

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

He’s had an up and down season but he’s 17 and playing out of position. I think he’ll benefit from this season in the long run.

Problem is too many on here expect instant superstar status from our academy. They have no concept of developing players.

At 17 in the 1st team of a Premiership side - this guys has a very real chance of a future in football - he is living the dream already.

If there were loads better players than him with us, they would be in ahead of him - but they are not - mmmmm  :bounce2

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Problem is too many on here expect instant superstar status from our academy. They have no concept of developing players.

At 17 in the 1st team of a Premiership side - this guys has a very real chance of a future in football - he is living the dream already.

If there were loads better players than him with us, they would be in ahead of him - but they are not - mmmmm  :bounce2

We looked a far better side when Muzek was left wing back against Dundee.

we could’ve played Ferdinand today in place of Mackenzie and kept Muzek out there rather than bringing the ineffective Erhahon back.

53 minutes ago, DLBud said:

You are bat-shit mental.

You’re assertion that Livi have shown us the way we should’ve played Celtic is just your usual mixture of deranged lunacy and stubbornness.

If I’m waving any flag it’s to try to alert someone to your plight as you are not well.

Take that as a three pointer then lol

I think it was there for us today but we don’t score enough goals. The team is a lot better than it was but I’m not convinced by Erahon (yes he’s got potential and he’s young I’m merely saying I don’t think he’s playing well enough) and I think Lyons has been very poor indeed too his missed chances today were v poor indeed. Sadly this Hamilton side are rotten and they were all over the place at times yet we couldn’t win this game . My Hamilton supporting mate Gave credit to Kearney for his tactics and that’s fine but the defeatist attitude of midweek was sickening and unacceptable at any football club. I don’t understand why we were so passive and just looked happy to roll over. We didn’t fight or believe and that’s not on. Had we won today then fair enough but we didn’t win. 

Edited by norrie82

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Indeed.

Mackenzie injured again after 1 game back, Hippolyte on the bench for Dunfermline, Eck playing for Forfar and McShane heading for League One.

To think there was a near total meltdown on this forum when these guys were told they could leave.

The heart was ripped out of the team! emoji23.png

The absolute zoomers know who they are!

The issue always was more about what arriving at the club and telling more than 50% of the Championship winning squad who were left when Stubbs arrived they could leave would do to squad morale and unity, and the calibre of player Stubbs wasted his budget on after saying they were free to find new clubs: Stubbs added to Jack Ross's end of season clear out and replaced them with Danny Rogers; Hayden Coulson, Cole Kpekawa, Josh Heaton, Alfie Jones, Lee Hodson, Matty Willock, Jeff King, Ryan Edwards, Cody Cooke, Nicolai Brock-Madsen, and twice failed to sign Kenny Miller, and attempted to sign Anthony Stokes even after he went AWOL before La Manga.

We'd have been better off hanging on to Stellious for the lols at least than 90% of the dross Stubbs signed... after Stubbs had signed an entire team Samson was still the best keeper, Baird was still the best fit centre half, Danny Mullen was still the best "striker" and the guys who he wanted to release were still better than Hayden, Cole, Jeff, Josh, Matty and Alfie... speaking of which how are they all doing at their new clubs.?

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Agree with you RE Flynn.

It’s nice having a proper midfielder in the middle of the park.

Ryan has suffered from being stuck out on the left to accommodate the captain.

Thankfully the manager has finally realised that Ryan Flynn is a far better footballer than S McGinn and has adjusted the team as such.

Ryan is the best midfielder at the football club and must start as the main man in the middle from here till the end of the season.

Obviously you have no idea between a fit player and a injured player. Or a injured player coming back to fitness and a fit player. Or a penalty that was not given in the first half and a penalty given in the second half. Bad enough you wanted a manager sacked who won the champonship. That continues with wanting a manager sacked who will keep us in the premiership :lol: Your a cracker TC :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The issue always was more about what arriving at the club and telling more than 50% of the Championship winning squad who were left when Stubbs arrived they could leave would do to squad morale and unity, and the calibre of player Stubbs wasted his budget on after saying they were free to find new clubs: Stubbs added to Jack Ross's end of season clear out and replaced them with Danny Rogers; Hayden Coulson, Cole Kpekawa, Josh Heaton, Alfie Jones, Lee Hodson, Matty Willock, Jeff King, Ryan Edwards, Cody Cooke, Nicolai Brock-Madsen, and twice failed to sign Kenny Miller, and attempted to sign Anthony Stokes even after he went AWOL before La Manga.

We'd have been better off hanging on to Stellious for the lols at least than 90% of the dross Stubbs signed... after Stubbs had signed an entire team Samson was still the best keeper, Baird was still the best fit centre half, Danny Mullen was still the best "striker" and the guys who he wanted to release were still better than Hayden, Cole, Jeff, Josh, Matty and Alfie... speaking of which how are they all doing at their new clubs.?

Alfie’s been on the bench a few times for Southampton. 

10 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Might have been denied two penalties today. Haven’t seen the Alba coverage yet, but a lad from work says the effort in the last minute of the game is blocked by the Hamilton players arm or it was in.  

Worrying for me is Hamilton can score goals from out play. Yet Hamilton have conceded more goals than anyone in the league but we can't score a goal from out play. Don't fix that we are going into a squeaky bum play off no doubt against Dundee United who beat us in Paisley. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Honestly do not see what you all see in the boy erahon. I think he is very poor. Would be far better with an attacking player in front of the left back. As soon as the ball goes to erahon everything slows down or goes backwards.

Don't like saying it about one so young but I see absolutely nothing there. I was actually glad whenhe was suspended 

15 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Don't like saying it about one so young but I see absolutely nothing there. I was actually glad whenhe was suspended 

Oh dear. There is a very talented player in there. Certainly I would not have thrown him into such an important game. He is very talented for such a young boy , that's what he is. He will go onto much bigger things. Don't forget this post. 

FFS. Obviously a bored Sevco fan. Says what exactly apart from your on the wrong forum
Plenty of the personal abuse, calling anyone a Sevco fan, disgusting.

1 point from 9 against Accies suggests that they are better than us. The fact we are 4 points behind them backs that up.

Accies had two shots cleared off the line. We failed to hit the target with our two clear chances. Expected goals for and against, would have Hamilton winning that game today, and they weren't good. Yet we showed little ambition in winning that game.

Today was two points dropped. If we won we'd have put actual pressure on Hamilton, instead of expecting a 5 point swing over the next 5 games when we've not shown that sort of form the entire season.

If people are happy accepting mediocrity go ahead. I'll always call us out for underperformance. Just because we're a small club doesn't mean we have to act like one.

Plenty of the personal abuse, calling anyone a Sevco fan, disgusting.  

1 point from 9 against Accies suggests that they are better than us. The fact we are 4 points behind them backs that up.

Accies had two shots cleared off the line. We failed to hit the target with our two clear chances. Expected goals for and against, would have Hamilton winning that game today, and they weren't good. Yet we showed little ambition in winning that game.

Today was two points dropped. If we won we'd have put actual pressure on Hamilton, instead of expecting a 5 point swing over the next 5 games when we've not shown that sort of form the entire season.

If people are happy accepting mediocrity go ahead. I'll always call us out for underperformance. Just because we're a small club doesn't mean we have to act like one.

We may have taken only one point out of nine off Hamilton but Hamilton have taken one point of nine off off Dundee and Dundee have taken one point of nine off us. 

Theres not much between all 3 teams. I definitely don't think you can use the head to heads to judge the quality difference between the teams. The final league table will determine that and after seeing all 3 teams in the last few weeks, I reckon Dundee will finish below the other two.

1 hour ago, st jock said:

As much as I like Erahon, today was not one of his better days. His movement and decision-making was poor. He is getting game time, which will benefit him in the long term but I felt he was rotten after half time.

Ethan's time will come , but it will be as a midfielder playing in a more central position .

We need a wing back that can get to the byline and put in a decent cross .

Draw today wasn't a bad result , but think we need to be a bit more attacking in our next few games .

Worrying for me is Hamilton can score goals from out play. Yet Hamilton have conceded more goals than anyone in the league but we can't score a goal from out play. Don't fix that we are going into a squeaky bum play off no doubt against Dundee United who beat us in Paisley. 

From just about every post I’ve read regarding the playoffs, it’s a stick on its Dundee United. At the moment Ayr and ICT are still in the mix so it’s no guarantee that United will be the team to play Saints/Dundee or Hamilton. Ayr could be last years Livi, just my thoughts though.