Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

It was a surprise to see Mullen and McKenzie v Dundee but that worked. Was he weakening his team that day?

^^^^^^^^^

Absolutely this.

If we’d lost to Dundee Kearney would’ve been slaughtered for playing guys that had been out of the team for an age. 4 days later he’s getting slaughtered for resting them with another, arguably more important game, 3 days later.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

The general consensus from them at half time was we absolutely battered them first 25/30 minutes and they thought if we had scored then like some recent matches they would have crumbled to a heavy defeat. 

Fair enough but that really falls into the "if your aunty had balls" line of arguing.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

1. 1st half we were by far the better team with clearly a lot more energy.

2. We could easily have been out of sight by half time but for players making poor decisions.

3. We could easily of taken a hammering at home v Celtic then beat by accies.

1. Disagree!

2. If your aunty had balls..........

3. We could easily have taken 4 points from the matches if we'd not tried the experiment, we'll never know. I retain my opinion that it was a poor decision - my aunty with the bollocks told me so! :P

1. Disagree!
2. If your aunty had balls..........
3. We could easily have taken 4 points from the matches if we'd not tried the experiment, we'll never know. I retain my opinion that it was a poor decision - my aunty with the bollocks told me so! [emoji14]

I thought it was mystic meg that was your aunty but clearly it’s uri geller telling you what would have happened.

Guest TPAFKATS
We,re doing ok , but now we need to probably make a couple of changes for our next game , maybe bring on Cooke , McKenzie and Magennis for Erahon , Mullen and Lyon . 
Play a weakened team [emoji33][emoji6]

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Where did we pass up the chance of points?

OK said in the after match interview that, and I quote, "That's to be expected", and that was in response to being told by the interviewer, "Tough night". He said NOTHING about keeping players fresh. In fact he said his decision was to do with bringing fresh players in for what he felt would be a hard shift.

At 1-0 we actually had a couple of chances to equalise and we only lost the second goal in the 85th minute so, I ask again, where did he "pass up the chance"?

With our so called best eleven we're bloody shot shy. We had as many shots on target v the best team in the country as we did v the, as it stands, the third worst team. Just because it wasn't your selection on the park doesn't mean it wasn't the right one.

It was a surprise to see Mullen and McKenzie v Dundee but that worked. Was he weakening his team that day or did Ok phone you to ask if that was OK?

Now. About that shovel...…………...

Ow, shit

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ow, shit

Think at this point in the season, to a man, we should all be getting 100% behind the team, the management and those who run the club. Regardless of what we should have and could have done differently or misgivings and concerns about how things are done. The long and short of it, is that we all want to see our team survive to fight another year in this league and getting behind the club, will make some difference, however small. 

There is a long period in the summer to recriminate and point fingers all you like. Until then, we are right in this battle and the team look up for it. Think as a fan base, we're better off dishing out support rather than criticism. 

37 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Lets get behind the team and hope we get some success because if we don’t wee baldy is waiting in the wings to take over and none of us want that! 

I hope Oran keeps us up this season. However, if he was getting replaced, then I think any potential candidate with previous SPL experience and a track record of keeping a team in the league with a limited budget would be on the short list. Throw in a cup final and decent signing record and he would be hard to knock back. 

our only real problem now is a lack of goals.  Dreyer was much improved on saturday and maybe if he can improve the final ball we can get more goals.

Only problem is that Jackson is horribly indecisive, Nazon has no close control skills and the backup from the likes of Lyons is just not there.  I'd hope that Nazon's long break will be used wisely and he can be coached a little better and that Cook can be given more game time as we need to hold the ball up much more.

14 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

IT is fine to question these things - but we need to remember that Stubbs had a summer transfer window and OK came it with the window closed, signed some decent guys to keep us in the mix and unloaded an entire squad in the poorer January window. AND some much better players arrived...

Let's see what we bring in over the summer and offload some of the poorer player and short term fix guys . . .

In the meantime, some younger lads and others have gained a barrel load of experience in this league and should be better equipped for next.  :ph34r:

Sensible post mate.

Dundee last seven games

P 7 L 7 For 3 Against 16 Points 0

St Mirren last 7

P 7 W 2 D 2 L 3  For 5 Against 8  Points 8

Hamilton last 7

P 7 W 2 D 1 L 4 For 4 Against 16 Points 7

So going into split Saints have a far better defence and score more goals................

Agree with Thommos stats and facts

No team in the last 9 years going into split bottom has stayed up with 8 out of 9 finishing 12th.

Simply put, we beat Accies at home and Dundee away we realistically only need one more win.....................

Accies have not beaten Dundee yet, however I reckon Dundee lose their first 2 post split at Fakes and Well away they are doomed   

Edited by DougJamie

Guest TPAFKATS
Dundee last seven games
St Mirren last 7
Hamilton last 7
So going into split Saints have a far better defence and score more goals................
No team in the last 9 years going into split bottom has stayed up with 8 out of 9 finishing 12th.
Simply put, we beat Accies at home and Dundee away we realistically only need one more win.....................
Accies have not beaten Dundee yet, however I reckon Dundee lose their first 2 post split at Fakes and Well away they are doomed   

Derby with fake saints and then a Motherwell team who are giving youngsters experience. Probably the 2 best games Dundee could've had to start with.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think at this point in the season, to a man, we should all be getting 100% behind the team, the management and those who run the club. Regardless of what we should have and could have done differently or misgivings and concerns about how things are done. The long and short of it, is that we all want to see our team survive to fight another year in this league and getting behind the club, will make some difference, however small. 

There is a long period in the summer to recriminate and point fingers all you like. Until then, we are right in this battle and the team look up for it. Think as a fan base, we're better off dishing out support rather than criticism. 

Eh?

so we shouldnt comment on anything unless its to dish out gushing praise? Get real ffs our manager made six changes to a winning line up which included imo benching our best player this season P McGinn in a Home game against a team that looked as clueless as they looked like a team of strangers.

he actually chose not to go for points that we are desperate for, and got what he actually stated he expected. Just think what Saturday would have been like if we had beaten or drawn against Celtic..? Thats the huge mistake he made, he actually chose to quash any momentum we had, at the very time of the season when it could be all you have.

if we miss out on tenth by one point thats on Kearney. If we then succumb to Dundee Utd again in the playoffs thats on him too.

edit: oh nearly forgot, if we stay up because A Dun Utd player misses the last penalty in our second leg, after extra time, penalty shootout playoff... then thats on Oran too. There you go 100 bastarding percent behind the team, manager, pie staff or what!

Edited by Lord Pityme

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
Dundee last seven games
St Mirren last 7
Hamilton last 7
Accies have not beaten Dundee yet, however I reckon Dundee lose their first 2 post split at Fakes and Well away they are doomed  :turtle

Derby with fake saints and then a Motherwell team who are giving youngsters experience. Probably the 2 best games Dundee could've had to start with.

Actually not sure if it is  a good thing for Dee to keep losing . . . they are more or less gone anyway, but if they pick up some points, and we do too, it is Hamilton who will be fearful the most - worst goals for , fewest goals scored . . .

IF we beat Livi , Dee win at the Fakes and Hamilton lose - Hamilton will be cr*pping themselves. and even if no points are gained till Dee play Hamilton, having beaten them twice already the pressure will be on them both.

Ideally we pick up another win, say against the Fakes as well as at Livi and we will sail into the sunset. This is doable   :turtle

17 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Actually not sure if it is  a good thing for Dee to keep losing . . . they are more or less gone anyway, but if they pick up some points, and we do too, it is Hamilton who will be fearful the most - worst goals for , fewest goals scored . . .

IF we beat Livi , Dee win at the Fakes and Hamilton lose - Hamilton will be cr*pping themselves. and even if no points are gained till Dee play Hamilton, having beaten them twice already the pressure will be on them both.

Ideally we pick up another win, say against the Fakes as well as at Livi and we will sail into the sunset. This is doable   :turtle

Everything is doaable , but I am 100% sure if Saints were in Dees position 99% of this forum would be wanting Oran sacked and doom and despair.

6500 v Dons and 1 win at Home all season and that was Accies. I remember Hartley getting sacked for losing 7 on bounce .............

Dundee supporters put their foolish pride by blocking Dodds coming to club.

With 8 goals conceded by us in last 7 we are showing far greater resolve , we have a class keeper and sweeper  , just need the Duck and Jackson to fire ................

Going to be fun .......................... but how many years between 2006-2015 did we have a scrap to stay up

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Eh?

so we shouldnt comment on anything unless its to dish out gushing praise? Get real ffs our manager made six changes to a winning line up which included imo benching our best player this season P McGinn in a Home game against a team that looked as clueless as they looked like a team of strangers.

he actually chose not to go for points that we are desperate for, and got what he actually stated he expected. Just think what Saturday would have been like if we had beaten or drawn against Celtic..? Thats the huge mistake he made, he actually chose to quash any momentum we had, at the very time of the season when it could be all you have.

if we miss out on tenth by one point thats on Kearney. If we then succumb to Dundee Utd again in the playoffs thats on him too.

edit: oh nearly forgot, if we stay up because A Dun Utd player misses the last penalty in our second leg, after extra time, penalty shootout playoff... then thats on Oran too. There you go 100 bastarding behind the team, manager, pie staff or what!

Image result for shirley bassey divas are foreverLord PityDiva!

Guest TPAFKATS
Eh?
edit: oh nearly forgot, if we stay up because A Dun Utd player misses the last penalty in our second leg, after extra time, penalty shootout playoff... then thats on Oran too. There you go 100 bastarding percent behind the team, manager, pie staff or what!
Wow.
If 'supporting' St Mirren gets you this angry, it's probably not in your best interests, health wise at least.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Wow.
If 'supporting' St Mirren gets you this angry, it's probably not in your best interests, health wise at least.

Possibly the calmest post i have written here. Maybe thats the issue? It all seems so matter of fact how our team performs these days, Kearney does not inspire fight! Not seeing/feeling any blood & guts attitude. I do see that in Rice and McIntyre though.

12 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Lets get behind the team and hope we get some success because if we don’t wee baldy is waiting in the wings to take over and none of us want that! 

Agreed, I hated it when we last had him in the Championship. 2nd one season, top the next, it was much better watching us nearly get relegated to the third tier with Coughlin