Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Hamilton have been above us all season. We’ve played them 3 times under Kearney this season. Lost 2 (including once in Paisley) ad drew 1.

They’re just better than us. Of course it’s possible we could turn the corner and suddenly finish above them.

Not likely though. 11th gives us a shot and would take that now.

Strangely, I think against Hamilton, the Duck would have been good up top (if he kept his elbows down). He is physical and their back 3 wrestled in there as expected today. By then McGinn should be up to full fitness too.

We will see in the return match hopefully - but they are a poor side - not as good as we are - though we do need to attack crosses in the opposition box and stop shooting over the crossbar or wide of the target so often...

10 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

After watching Dun Utd v Ross co last night, I wouldn’t fear playing Utd in a playoff. Unfortunately our poor start to the season means we are playing catch-up for 10th. 

I also watched that game last night and it struck me that we might have a better chance if we still had 2 of the 3 ex St Mirren players on show - Ross Stewart and Paul McMullan.

Result suits Accies more than us today, but that point and them not getting 3 means they’re still in our sights.
Still a long way to go and I wouldn’t be writing Dundee off yet either.
Today’s performance was a massive improvement to the last time we played them on their living room carpet, so not what we were all hoping for, but not a disaster. Still think they’re will be a lot more twists and turns. Supporting the Buddies has never been good for our health. COYS!!!

32 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think a number of our guys were good today.  Muzek stood out for me, Popescu and Baird all played well, Hladky superb when needed, Flynn yes, Dreyer best he has played yet and confident penalty, Erhahon decent.

Mullen and Lyons the poorest today though . . 

Thought Ethan was poor as well particularly second half.

So wonder if Kearney still sticks by his ludicrous decision to rest players against a Celtic team that was there for the beaten, crazy decision 

I see Livi got a draw at Celtic Park today. Celtic definitely at their weakest just now, so does make you wonder about Wednesday’s team selection again. No point on looking back I suppose, Livi away next which won’t be easy.

Given we spent so long in 12th place and at one point were 5 points behind Dundee I would have bitten your hand off to avoid 12th. That is our first point at Accies in years and people are still complaining.

10th is absolutely within our grasp. Remember Hamilton have a very tough derby against Motherwell to come and they have to visit us as well.

4 points have been banked this week.

Dundee now need a minimum of a 2-result swing to overtake us, given the goal differences, with 5 games to go.

I'd say that was a f**king good 7 days.

Edited by oaksoft

25 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I also watched that game last night and it struck me that we might have a better chance if we still had 2 of the 3 ex St Mirren players on show - Ross Stewart and Paul McMullan.

I watched it too, that’s the first decent game I’ve seen that lazy bugger McMullan play in about ten games that I’ve watched.

I have no regrets about him not being with us any more.

Wonder what’s happened to Cammy Smith ???????

Fairly enjoyable game, Saints better team first half, Hamilton better team 2nd half...lyon's i'm afraid nowhere near the level we need and was very poor...two wing backs got up park well but delivery's into box were terrible.......over the game draw fair result as we had 2 cleared of line....Dundee, Hamilton and ourselves miles behind the rest of the league...

1 minute ago, gc_SMFC said:

Nothing today suggested that we're capable of beating Accies post split. You can miss those sort of chances, and also give up those chances.

I thought we were way better than them in the first half. We can definately beat them post split.

1 minute ago, gc_SMFC said:

Nothing today suggested that we're capable of beating Accies post split. You can miss those sort of chances, and also give up those chances.

Bollocks. We were far better first 45. See the knickerwetters are back in force. 2 defeats in last 7 to celtic and killie...... good point we go to Livi in good form

Wonder what’s happened to Cammy Smith ???????

Indeed.

Mackenzie injured again after 1 game back, Hippolyte on the bench for Dunfermline, Eck playing for Forfar and McShane heading for League One.

To think there was a near total meltdown on this forum when these guys were told they could leave.

The heart was ripped out of the team! [emoji23]

The absolute zoomers know who they are!

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Indeed.

Mackenzie injured again after 1 game back, Hippolyte on the bench for Dunfermline, Eck playing for Forfar and McShane heading for League One.

To think there was a near total meltdown on this forum when these guys were told they could leave.

The heart was ripped out of the team! emoji23.png

The absolute zoomers know who they are!

Is he? 

I thought that he just wasn’t risked on the plastic pitch.

24 minutes ago, magnus said:

Thought Ethan was poor as well particularly second half.

He was at times, but it was his first game back and he is trying to get back up to match fitness. At times he did the sensible stuff and worked some nice moves with others.

Guest TPAFKATS

I said weeks ago we could go the whole season without beating Hamilton and still finish above them.
We still can. A draw today on that shite pitch isn't the end of the world.
15 points to play for, much better goal difference for us.
Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!

Draw was probably a fair result but goals change games and Lyons chances were huge moments in the game.

2 weeks off will help with the injuries so you’d expect McGinn and Flynn to be fully fit by then. If Magennis comes into contention by then we’ll have some real competition for places.

Hopefully GMac also ready as Muzek at left wing back instead of Ethan would help.

Cooke has to start in stead of Jackson. He offers so little he’s not even nuisance value.

What’s happened to McAllister?