Eric Arthur Blair

Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Agree with you RE Flynn.

It’s nice having a proper midfielder in the middle of the park.

Ryan has suffered from being stuck out on the left to accommodate the captain.

Thankfully the manager has finally realised that Ryan Flynn is a far better footballer than S McGinn and has adjusted the team as such.

Ryan is the best midfielder at the football club and must start as the main man in the middle from here till the end of the season.

Obviously you have no idea between a fit player and a injured player. Or a injured player coming back to fitness and a fit player. Or a penalty that was not given in the first half and a penalty given in the second half. Bad enough you wanted a manager sacked who won the champonship. That continues with wanting a manager sacked who will keep us in the premiership :lol: Your a cracker TC :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The issue always was more about what arriving at the club and telling more than 50% of the Championship winning squad who were left when Stubbs arrived they could leave would do to squad morale and unity, and the calibre of player Stubbs wasted his budget on after saying they were free to find new clubs: Stubbs added to Jack Ross's end of season clear out and replaced them with Danny Rogers; Hayden Coulson, Cole Kpekawa, Josh Heaton, Alfie Jones, Lee Hodson, Matty Willock, Jeff King, Ryan Edwards, Cody Cooke, Nicolai Brock-Madsen, and twice failed to sign Kenny Miller, and attempted to sign Anthony Stokes even after he went AWOL before La Manga.

We'd have been better off hanging on to Stellious for the lols at least than 90% of the dross Stubbs signed... after Stubbs had signed an entire team Samson was still the best keeper, Baird was still the best fit centre half, Danny Mullen was still the best "striker" and the guys who he wanted to release were still better than Hayden, Cole, Jeff, Josh, Matty and Alfie... speaking of which how are they all doing at their new clubs.?

Alfie’s been on the bench a few times for Southampton. 

10 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Might have been denied two penalties today. Haven’t seen the Alba coverage yet, but a lad from work says the effort in the last minute of the game is blocked by the Hamilton players arm or it was in.  

Worrying for me is Hamilton can score goals from out play. Yet Hamilton have conceded more goals than anyone in the league but we can't score a goal from out play. Don't fix that we are going into a squeaky bum play off no doubt against Dundee United who beat us in Paisley. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Honestly do not see what you all see in the boy erahon. I think he is very poor. Would be far better with an attacking player in front of the left back. As soon as the ball goes to erahon everything slows down or goes backwards.

Don't like saying it about one so young but I see absolutely nothing there. I was actually glad whenhe was suspended 

15 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Don't like saying it about one so young but I see absolutely nothing there. I was actually glad whenhe was suspended 

Oh dear. There is a very talented player in there. Certainly I would not have thrown him into such an important game. He is very talented for such a young boy , that's what he is. He will go onto much bigger things. Don't forget this post. 

As much as I like Erahon, today was not one of his better days. His movement and decision-making was poor. He is getting game time, which will benefit him in the long term but I felt he was rotten after half time.

FFS. Obviously a bored Sevco fan. Says what exactly apart from your on the wrong forum
Plenty of the personal abuse, calling anyone a Sevco fan, disgusting.

1 point from 9 against Accies suggests that they are better than us. The fact we are 4 points behind them backs that up.

Accies had two shots cleared off the line. We failed to hit the target with our two clear chances. Expected goals for and against, would have Hamilton winning that game today, and they weren't good. Yet we showed little ambition in winning that game.

Today was two points dropped. If we won we'd have put actual pressure on Hamilton, instead of expecting a 5 point swing over the next 5 games when we've not shown that sort of form the entire season.

If people are happy accepting mediocrity go ahead. I'll always call us out for underperformance. Just because we're a small club doesn't mean we have to act like one.

Plenty of the personal abuse, calling anyone a Sevco fan, disgusting.  

1 point from 9 against Accies suggests that they are better than us. The fact we are 4 points behind them backs that up.

Accies had two shots cleared off the line. We failed to hit the target with our two clear chances. Expected goals for and against, would have Hamilton winning that game today, and they weren't good. Yet we showed little ambition in winning that game.

Today was two points dropped. If we won we'd have put actual pressure on Hamilton, instead of expecting a 5 point swing over the next 5 games when we've not shown that sort of form the entire season.

If people are happy accepting mediocrity go ahead. I'll always call us out for underperformance. Just because we're a small club doesn't mean we have to act like one.

We may have taken only one point out of nine off Hamilton but Hamilton have taken one point of nine off off Dundee and Dundee have taken one point of nine off us. 

Theres not much between all 3 teams. I definitely don't think you can use the head to heads to judge the quality difference between the teams. The final league table will determine that and after seeing all 3 teams in the last few weeks, I reckon Dundee will finish below the other two.

1 hour ago, st jock said:

As much as I like Erahon, today was not one of his better days. His movement and decision-making was poor. He is getting game time, which will benefit him in the long term but I felt he was rotten after half time.

Ethan's time will come , but it will be as a midfielder playing in a more central position .

We need a wing back that can get to the byline and put in a decent cross .

Draw today wasn't a bad result , but think we need to be a bit more attacking in our next few games .

Worrying for me is Hamilton can score goals from out play. Yet Hamilton have conceded more goals than anyone in the league but we can't score a goal from out play. Don't fix that we are going into a squeaky bum play off no doubt against Dundee United who beat us in Paisley. 

From just about every post I’ve read regarding the playoffs, it’s a stick on its Dundee United. At the moment Ayr and ICT are still in the mix so it’s no guarantee that United will be the team to play Saints/Dundee or Hamilton. Ayr could be last years Livi, just my thoughts though.

I think it was there for us today but we don’t score enough goals. The team is a lot better than it was but I’m not convinced by Erahon (yes he’s got potential and he’s young I’m merely saying I don’t think he’s playing well enough) and I think Lyons has been very poor indeed too his missed chances today were v poor indeed. Sadly this Hamilton side are rotten and they were all over the place at times yet we couldn’t win this game . My Hamilton supporting mate Gave credit to Kearney for his tactics and that’s fine but the defeatist attitude of midweek was sickening and unacceptable at any football club. I don’t understand why we were so passive and just looked happy to roll over. We didn’t fight or believe and that’s not on. Had we won today then fair enough but we didn’t win. 
We DID fight Norrie.
The fans cheered the team off the pitch.
Would that have happened after a game with no fight?

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

From just about every post I’ve read regarding the playoffs, it’s a stick on its Dundee United. At the moment Ayr and ICT are still in the mix so it’s no guarantee that United will be the team to play Saints/Dundee or Hamilton. Ayr could be last years Livi, just my thoughts though.

Agree, but Ayr are on of the worst teams in the league since the turn of the year. They won't be making the playoff final, but every chance it will be Inverness. And every chance we won't be in it anyway.

Very strange to see those regarding this as a bad result. Normally if you are in a head to head against a team you are happy with a draw away and a win at home. We've got the draw, shown we are a stronger team now, and now Hamilton need to come to Paisley after the split. We are still very much in with a chance of 10th spot.

Performance wise, it was frustrating once again. Let me say I fully support Oran & Gus, anyone that claims not to see the complete turnaround in our team since the first trip to Hamilton is just being willfully ignorant (aka an attention seeking twat.) We are considerably stronger in defence, and tactically much more aware.

The frustration comes in the final third of the park. There doesn't seem to be any clear strategy to the play, there isn't a great deal of movement off the ball, there isn't any plan as to how to get in between the lines of the opposition when coming forwards. It looks like we have spent most of our time at training working on our defensive shape, and the attacking plan is "get it up there quickly and run at them".

On top of this there was a real lack of desire from the strikers to get in to the six yard box and get on the end of things. Dreyer chipped a great ball over the keeper in the final minutes that should have been a tap in for an onrushing Cody Cooke.....but we had nobody there. And then the lack of quality and composure when we do get the chances is hurting us. Jackson v Killie, Duck v Celtic, Lyons v Hamilton all through on the keeper and none of them even managed a shot on target.

Plenty of work for the training ground. Maybe time to give Allan Russell a call and see if he fancies helping his old team out for a couple of weeks? Well, it not Allan then someone like that to give a bit of freshness to the training and build the confidence of these strikers.

MotM performance from Paul McGinn yesterday, thought he was very strong in defence and going forwards. Hladky saved us again at the end, we would probably be down already if not for the big man. Popescu and Flynn tremendous in the middle of the park. Would love to see more of Popescu's Lothar Matthaus impression, other teams really struggle to stop him when he starts charging forwards. Simeon Jackson put in a great shift, some great link up play and a great ball through to Lyons which should have put us ahead in the first half.

Has been pointed out enough above but Erhanon getting hung out to dry at left wing back needs to stop. A real weak link both in defence and going forwards. Any attack down that wing broke down as Ethan didn't seem to know how far forwards he could go. Lyons & Mullen offered very little and we can't really afford such little creativity from key attacking positions.

Dreyer was fairly quiet I thought, but shows a lot more composure than the other attackers when on the ball. The penalty looked like a dive to me though, disappointing if so.

Getting that 10th spot will come down to working out an attacking system that works. Possibly Jackson - Dreyer - McAllister is worth a go from now on. Jackson can link up well with the other two, both of whom look capable of having a shot from distance.

Very strange to see those regarding this as a bad result. Normally if you are in a head to head against a team you are happy with a draw away and a win at home. We've got the draw, shown we are a stronger team now, and now Hamilton need to come to Paisley after the split. We are still very much in with a chance of 10th spot.
Performance wise, it was frustrating once again. Let me say I fully support Oran & Gus, anyone that claims not to see the complete turnaround in our team since the first trip to Hamilton is just being willfully ignorant (aka an attention seeking twat.) We are considerably stronger in defence, and tactically much more aware.
The frustration comes in the final third of the park. There doesn't seem to be any clear strategy to the play, there isn't a great deal of movement off the ball, there isn't any plan as to how to get in between the lines of the opposition when coming forwards. It looks like we have spent most of our time at training working on our defensive shape, and the attacking plan is "get it up there quickly and run at them".
On top of this there was a real lack of desire from the strikers to get in to the six yard box and get on the end of things. Dreyer chipped a great ball over the keeper in the final minutes that should have been a tap in for an onrushing Cody Cooke.....but we had nobody there. And then the lack of quality and composure when we do get the chances is hurting us. Jackson v Killie, Duck v Celtic, Lyons v Hamilton all through on the keeper and none of them even managed a shot on target.
Plenty of work for the training ground. Maybe time to give Allan Russell a call and see if he fancies helping his old team out for a couple of weeks? Well, it not Allan then someone like that to give a bit of freshness to the training and build the confidence of these strikers.
MotM performance from Paul McGinn yesterday, thought he was very strong in defence and going forwards. Hladky saved us again at the end, we would probably be down already if not for the big man. Popescu and Flynn tremendous in the middle of the park. Would love to see more of Popescu's Lothar Matthaus impression, other teams really struggle to stop him when he starts charging forwards. Simeon Jackson put in a great shift, some great link up play and a great ball through to Lyons which should have put us ahead in the first half.
Has been pointed out enough above but Erhanon getting hung out to dry at left wing back needs to stop. A real weak link both in defence and going forwards. Any attack down that wing broke down as Ethan didn't seem to know how far forwards he could go. Lyons & Mullen offered very little and we can't really afford such little creativity from key attacking positions.
Dreyer was fairly quiet I thought, but shows a lot more composure than the other attackers when on the ball. The penalty looked like a dive to me though, disappointing if so.
Getting that 10th spot will come down to working out an attacking system that works. Possibly Jackson - Dreyer - McAllister is worth a go from now on. Jackson can link up well with the other two, both of whom look capable of having a shot from distance.
Good summation in general, most of which I agree with.

Having slated him for an inept performance against Dundee, I thought Dreyer was great yesterday.

I'd also give Erahon credit for what he did yesterday rather than criticise him for what he didn't.

Right so we conceded Wednesday night's game with Celtic to focus on this one, well that worked out well - 11 Cup Finals my arse. ^_^

Regarding yesterday's game Accies were still the sharper & more aggressive team and although I didn't think it was quite that bad I presume the penalty was our only shot on target.^_^^_^

Decent enough result in itself but in the context of the season disappointing it was certainly no re-run of the ENDOFTIME games against Falkirk many of us were hoping for.^_^^_^^_^

Pass marks to Dreyer for the DIVE :notworthy:headbang:clapping & scoring the subsequent penalty, Flynn & Hladky for a couple of brilliant saves more than making up for his fumble at the start of the second half!

Oh and FFS get some shooting practice in!

Possession
Home45%
Away55%
Shots
Home13
Away11
Shots on Target
Home6
Away1
Corners
Home7
Away5
Fouls
Home20
Away8

Edited by Bud the Baker

Let’s focus on the positives from yesterday as stats can be misleading. Thought that we looked a far better team than Hamilton particularly first half. Dreyer played his best game for us and hopefully there is more to come there. Our defence looks solid, our keeper is best we’ve had since Campbell Money and we just need to find that right blend middle to front and I think we might just do this great escape 2. 

Really enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday and our fans were brilliant all though the game - our players must get a lift from that and we have a big part to play in the five remaining games.  COYS !!!

29 minutes ago, Dare said:

Let’s focus on the positives from yesterday as stats can be misleading. Thought that we looked a far better team than Hamilton particularly first half. Dreyer played his best game for us and hopefully there is more to come there. Our defence looks solid, our keeper is best we’ve had since Campbell Money and we just need to find that right blend middle to front and I think we might just do this great escape 2. 

Really enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday and our fans were brilliant all though the game - our players must get a lift from that and we have a big part to play in the five remaining games.  COYS !!!

I agree that we looked a better side.

We could have been 3 up in the first half if Lyons was half as good as he thinks he is and the ref gets the penalty claim right.

Given what happened in the second half a point was just about the right result. We move on. but it's no longer in our own hands to finish 10th.

ETA: I wouldn't be disappointed if the number 14 jersey didn't see the light of day from now till season's end.

Edited by stlucifer

Not the ideal result, but it’s better to be 4 points behind than 7. Also good to have the 3 point advantage over Dundee.

I’d have taken 11th going into the split a long time ago. Time now to knuckle down, scrap and fight for every point possible. If we can’t catch Accies, we must do enough to keep Dundee at bay.

COYS!

16 minutes ago, Dare said:

We played some nice football in the first half but I seldom thought we looked the more likely team to score. The defence has only kept one clean sheet in fourteen games since the restart in January and there was more than one instance yesterday of our No. 1 problem this season - a poor clearance falling to an unchallenged opposition player at the edge of the box.

We have gelled over the past 6 weeks or so but I still reckon 11th place and the play-offs is the most likely outcome - COYS!

36 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We played some nice football in the first half but I seldom thought we looked the more likely team to score. The defence has only kept one clean sheet in fourteen games since the restart in January and there was more than one instance yesterday of our No. 1 problem this season - a poor clearance falling to an unchallenged opposition player at the edge of the box.

We have gelled over the past 6 weeks or so but I still reckon 11th place and the play-offs is the most likely outcome - COYS!

Totally agree on our bad defensive habits. Poor clearances that normally land at the feet of the opposition's attacking midfielders and an inability to stop crosses coming into the box. Been the same all season.

We are two wins behind Hamilton now, Kearney's down right stupid decision to play a weakened team on Wednesday may be the one point difference from finishing 10th!

I mean who ever heard of a football team that should be fighting for every point to survive, actually thinking they are good enough (despite being bottom feeders all season) to just write off the chance of points? Its not like we played the reserves in a cup game to concentrate on league survival, we actually passed up the chance to get what we are desperate for now POINTS!

we've got Livi next, is Oran going to throw that one too and concentrate on the head to heads? 

We got one shot on target yesterday, who in their right mind thinks thats the sort of form that means you can write off the chance of points. Maybe this explains why Oran never won his diddy league? Perhaps he didnt grasp the importance of winning more points than at least one other team?

anyone think Livi are going to go easy on us? They will revel in the chance to show their strengths against the team they played second fiddle to last season. Well and Fakes will see us, and Dundee as three points for taking. Teams playing us know they only have to score, as we struggle to even get shots on target.