Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

5 hours ago, magnus said:

There were signs on  Saturday that Rice wants Accies to actually play football and pass out from the back as opposed to the usual heavy tackles , general frantic thuggery and a grabbed goal. It made Accies look very average at times and nervy. Hope Rice preserves with this as I  suspect and hope  it will not end well for them.

Listening to Radio Scotland on Wednesday night whoever was at the Livingston v Hamilton game said the same they seemed to want to try and play football but weren't good enough so they were actually at times doing both styles, in his opinion they had to stick with one style to end of season as they looked terrible against Livingston.

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

While I think we can possibly catch and overtake Accies, Rice has the luxury of knowing that with them 4 points ahead of us, and 7 ahead of Dundee with 15 points left to play for that if Accies can bank a win when we or Dundee drop points Accies are only a result or two away from safety and it is very unlikely that ourselves and Dundee will both overtake them.

I said exactly the same thing on St Mirren fans Facebook page when Hamilton beat Hearts that both teams would struggle to overtake Hamilton meaning they were certain to finish 10th or 11th got slaughtered by the Saints fans that couldn't read. 

Still think 1 more win for Hamilton will guarantee them 10th as really can't see us making up the difference. 

12 hours ago, DLBud said:

McIntyre? 6 defeats on the bounce? Blood and guts right enough.

More like tears and snotters from McIntyre.

It is a calm head that is focused on the job in hand that is more inspirational than the loony screaming in the corner.

19 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Trying to be smart doesn't suit you very well.

After 22 games with the Stubbs squad we were on 12 points. Since the game away at Pittodrie (league game 26) we are now averaging just over 1 point a game - 9 points from 8 games with guys like Flynn, Dreyer finding some form and new recruits like Hladky, Popescu, Muzek all arriving and beginning to make a positive difference (despite Top Cat saying in February our new defence were losing more goals than the Stubbs line up!).

We have Magennis due back, Stephen McGinn due back, Kyle McAllister due back, Gary MacKenzie back in the reckoning as well for the final 5 games all of whom can either add something to the starting XI or strengthen our options from the bench , I don't find it too much of a stretch to suggest Kearney's squad is capable of amassing 35-40 points over the course of a 38 game premiership season assuming that next year they are not handicapped by playing over half a season hamstrung by Stubbs blowing most of the wage budget on duds!

You need a SOH ( Sense of Humour) being a Saints fan....... Please get one:rolleyes:

We stay up I would expect us to push on and strengthen further in Summer, however we go down its going to be a long way back 

Edited by DougJamie