Jump to content

Eric Arthur Blair

Hamilton vs St. Mirren 6th April 2019

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Possibly the calmest post i have written here. Maybe thats the issue? It all seems so matter of fact how our team performs these days, Kearney does not inspire fight! Not seeing/feeling any blood & guts attitude. I do see that in Rice and McIntyre though.

Yeah its really worked for McIntyre :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure who the 1% are that would not be looking to blame "someone" if we were in the same position as Dee. Their budget was higher than ours, their average attendance bigger than us and they paid plenty to bring in players and McIntyre (Miller, the CB that broke his foot twice without playing etc.)

The size of the mountain Oran had to climb was enormous with the Stubbs squad, and the squad we have now is incomparable in quality and resolve.

Who don't know how much Dodds would have brought to Dee but you are absolutely correct - our resolve, points won recently, goals for and against is the best in the bottom 3. I think we could win 3, draw 1 and lose 1 - not saying we will, but if we did we would be 10th almost certainly... a win against Hamilton at home though is the biggest of these matches.

When we stay up, and with Gus, OK and the crew signing some other stars, we will be clear of relegation next year. Down their will be Livi, 1 or 2 up from the Championship or whoever finishes 11th this year (Dee or Hamilton). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Fakes falling nearer or into that pack too.

I think we already are able to scrap much better in this league, 4 big improvements in the 1st team and we will be 6 - 8th next season.  :magic

I think it's also worth noting that even in many of our recent defeats in the last few months we looked capable of taking something from those games - the midweek game against Killie where they won with a few minutes left, the Motherwell game where we got it back to 1-1 and then conceded again, the game against Hibs at home where McAllister could have put us ahead but they scored 1 minute later, and where we could have had a penalty with the score at 1-2... even the Celtic game their first goal looked questionable, we had a few chances before they got their second goal. For most of our defeats before January we were well beaten, men against boys type defeats. In maybe 50% of their recent defeats Hamilton and Dundee look to have been soundly thumped (Accies in particular). We might not be great yet but we are at least looking like a bottom 6 team capable of picking up 35-40 points a season with the current Kearney squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think it's also worth noting that even in many of our recent defeats in the last few months we looked capable of taking something from those games - the midweek game against Killie where they won with a few minutes left, the Motherwell game where we got it back to 1-1 and then conceded again, the game against Hibs at home where McAllister could have put us ahead but they scored 1 minute later, and where we could have had a penalty with the score at 1-2... even the Celtic game their first goal looked questionable, we had a few chances before they got their second goal. For most of our defeats before January we were well beaten, men against boys type defeats. In maybe 50% of their recent defeats Hamilton and Dundee look to have been soundly thumped (Accies in particular). We might not be great yet but we are at least looking like a bottom 6 team capable of picking up 35-40 points a season with the current Kearney squad.

Loving the optimism, however what League are you referring to ? :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Rice was appointed he has managed to win 3 games , one more than us ,that’s true. But he has also saw them be the lowest scorers (5) and joint highest goals against (20) in the 10 league games he has been in charge, is that the kind of fight LPM wants to see in us ? 

Mcintyre in the same period has managed only 1 win and saw his lot also concede 20 goals and slump to the foot of the table . Great fight lads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Eh?

so we shouldnt comment on anything unless its to dish out gushing praise? Get real ffs our manager made six changes to a winning line up which included imo benching our best player this season P McGinn in a Home game against a team that looked as clueless as they looked like a team of strangers.

he actually chose not to go for points that we are desperate for, and got what he actually stated he expected. Just think what Saturday would have been like if we had beaten or drawn against Celtic..? Thats the huge mistake he made, he actually chose to quash any momentum we had, at the very time of the season when it could be all you have.

if we miss out on tenth by one point thats on Kearney. If we then succumb to Dundee Utd again in the playoffs thats on him too.

edit: oh nearly forgot, if we stay up because A Dun Utd player misses the last penalty in our second leg, after extra time, penalty shootout playoff... then thats on Oran too. There you go 100 bastarding percent behind the team, manager, pie staff or what!

f**k sake, I haven't seen you this big a slevering mess since you went all squaddie and were offering out square goes to all and sundry a few months back. 

Are you alright, Bud?

 

The point I was making is that any decisions over changing of manager etc, now simply won't be made until it's all said and done so why not just throw your support behind them as much as possible? Then at the end of it, start screaming for heads to roll and recriminations if you so wish.

 

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Since Rice was appointed he has managed to win 3 games , one more than us ,that’s true. But he has also saw them be the lowest scorers (5) and joint highest goals against (20) in the 10 league games he has been in charge, is that the kind of fight LPM wants to see in us ? 

Mcintyre in the same period has managed only 1 win and saw his lot also concede 20 goals and slump to the foot of the table . Great fight lads. 

There were signs on  Saturday that Rice wants Accies to actually play football and pass out from the back as opposed to the usual heavy tackles , general frantic thuggery and a grabbed goal. It made Accies look very average at times and nervy. Hope Rice preserves with this as I  suspect and hope  it will not end well for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, magnus said:

There were signs on  Saturday that Rice wants Accies to actually play football and pass out from the back as opposed to the usual heavy tackles , general frantic thuggery and a grabbed goal. It made Accies look very average at times and nervy. Hope Rice preserves with this as I  suspect and hope  it will not end well for them.

While I think we can possibly catch and overtake Accies, Rice has the luxury of knowing that with them 4 points ahead of us, and 7 ahead of Dundee with 15 points left to play for that if Accies can bank a win when we or Dundee drop points Accies are only a result or two away from safety and it is very unlikely that ourselves and Dundee will both overtake them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Loving the optimism, however what League are you referring to ? :whistle

Trying to be smart doesn't suit you very well.

After 22 games with the Stubbs squad we were on 12 points. Since the game away at Pittodrie (league game 26) we are now averaging just over 1 point a game - 9 points from 8 games with guys like Flynn, Dreyer finding some form and new recruits like Hladky, Popescu, Muzek all arriving and beginning to make a positive difference (despite Top Cat saying in February our new defence were losing more goals than the Stubbs line up!).

We have Magennis due back, Stephen McGinn due back, Kyle McAllister due back, Gary MacKenzie back in the reckoning as well for the final 5 games all of whom can either add something to the starting XI or strengthen our options from the bench , I don't find it too much of a stretch to suggest Kearney's squad is capable of amassing 35-40 points over the course of a 38 game premiership season assuming that next year they are not handicapped by playing over half a season hamstrung by Stubbs blowing most of the wage budget on duds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had a half decent striker we would not be in this position. Since January we have by and large competed well in most games and usually losing by an odd goal. Few teams have impressed me as being streets ahead of us. Games like the Fakes at Perth the other week should have resulted in 3 points; same against the Accies on Saturday. Hope Gus is lining up the Dinamo Bucharest forward line for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If we had a half decent striker we would not be in this position. Since January we have by and large competed well in most games and usually losing by an odd goal. Few teams have impressed me as being streets ahead of us. Games like the Fakes at Perth the other week should have resulted in 3 points; same against the Accies on Saturday. Hope Gus is lining up the Dinamo Bucharest forward line for next season.

^^^ This definitely.  It is not that Nazon or Jackson or Mullen or Cooke might not do a good job, it is that neither are banging in enough goals at this level.

Despite Hamilton and Dee signing 4 forwards each in the window - they too are struggling in the same way. Miller on £2500 a week - has he scored more than once?

Getting a guy or 2 capable of 15 plus goal a season would take us to the top 6 - but these guys are the hardest to tie up and the most expensive to keep and other teams are after them like hunting for gold.

I believe Gus thought we would be getting Mallec with a proven record - out bided at the final hurdle - I think he has only played 4 games with no goals... Hope next time Gus and us are much luckier and unearth a few gems in that department. (Ajax under 21s - I wish)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

While I think we can possibly catch and overtake Accies, Rice has the luxury of knowing that with them 4 points ahead of us, and 7 ahead of Dundee with 15 points left to play for that if Accies can bank a win when we or Dundee drop points Accies are only a result or two away from safety and it is very unlikely that ourselves and Dundee will both overtake them.

Yeah, Accies are one very well placed win (i.e if they beat Motherwell and we lose at Livi on the same day) away from being safe completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Possibly the calmest post i have written here. Maybe thats the issue? It all seems so matter of fact how our team performs these days, Kearney does not inspire fight! Not seeing/feeling any blood & guts attitude. I do see that in Rice and McIntyre though.


🤣 McIntyre? 6 defeats on the bounce? Blood and guts right enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didnt say it was a panacea, but woukd you rather have, or not have a manager who could be a beast as well as arm round the shoulder type?


^^^^^^^^^^^
Furious backpedaling after the most ludicrous statement from you in some time and thats saying something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, magnus said:

There were signs on  Saturday that Rice wants Accies to actually play football and pass out from the back as opposed to the usual heavy tackles , general frantic thuggery and a grabbed goal. It made Accies look very average at times and nervy. Hope Rice preserves with this as I  suspect and hope  it will not end well for them.

Listening to Radio Scotland on Wednesday night whoever was at the Livingston v Hamilton game said the same they seemed to want to try and play football but weren't good enough so they were actually at times doing both styles, in his opinion they had to stick with one style to end of season as they looked terrible against Livingston.

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

While I think we can possibly catch and overtake Accies, Rice has the luxury of knowing that with them 4 points ahead of us, and 7 ahead of Dundee with 15 points left to play for that if Accies can bank a win when we or Dundee drop points Accies are only a result or two away from safety and it is very unlikely that ourselves and Dundee will both overtake them.

I said exactly the same thing on St Mirren fans Facebook page when Hamilton beat Hearts that both teams would struggle to overtake Hamilton meaning they were certain to finish 10th or 11th got slaughtered by the Saints fans that couldn't read. 

Still think 1 more win for Hamilton will guarantee them 10th as really can't see us making up the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DLBud said:

 


McIntyre? 6 defeats on the bounce? Blood and guts right enough.

More like tears and snotters from McIntyre.

It is a calm head that is focused on the job in hand that is more inspirational than the loony screaming in the corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Trying to be smart doesn't suit you very well.

After 22 games with the Stubbs squad we were on 12 points. Since the game away at Pittodrie (league game 26) we are now averaging just over 1 point a game - 9 points from 8 games with guys like Flynn, Dreyer finding some form and new recruits like Hladky, Popescu, Muzek all arriving and beginning to make a positive difference (despite Top Cat saying in February our new defence were losing more goals than the Stubbs line up!).

We have Magennis due back, Stephen McGinn due back, Kyle McAllister due back, Gary MacKenzie back in the reckoning as well for the final 5 games all of whom can either add something to the starting XI or strengthen our options from the bench , I don't find it too much of a stretch to suggest Kearney's squad is capable of amassing 35-40 points over the course of a 38 game premiership season assuming that next year they are not handicapped by playing over half a season hamstrung by Stubbs blowing most of the wage budget on duds!

You need a SOH ( Sense of Humour) being a Saints fan....... Please get one:rolleyes:

We stay up I would expect us to push on and strengthen further in Summer, however we go down its going to be a long way back 

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...