If you could improve the stadium.

I'm happy with the stadium - it's the right size for our support. The extra revenue we might occasionally generate from extra capacity would be more than off-set by the majority of games when we'd be rattling about in a ground with less atmosphere which would make it a less attractive experience and potentially drive fans away.

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm happy with the stadium - it's the right size for our support. The extra revenue we might occasionally generate from extra capacity would be more than off-set by the majority of games when we'd be rattling about in a ground with less atmosphere which would make it a less attractive experience and potentially drive fans away.

This.

I'm in the ground for a couple of hours max.

90 minutes of that is spent watching football. The rest of the time is spent chatting. I'm not there to be fed and watered, and when I need a pish, the bogs are perfectly adequate.

I've got a decent view too.

Although sometimes I get the sun in my eyes, but baseball cap and sunglasses soon sorts that.

I like our ground.

Edited by FTOF

Build another platform in Family Stand for disabled fans.

There's always minimum of 4 wheelchair supporters that I can see from my viewpoint in S5, may be more at Panda Club side.

No protection from poor weather and no ability to avoid it.

Plenty space to build without upsetting anyone. (except budget holder) ………..£2 spend perhaps

The obvious improvement for me would be to have it full every time we play at home. Then we would need to build extra capacity for all the right reasons. That means having an improved team and fans that can draw their pals in from supporting the ugly two or others, as well as younger folk.

I get invited back to Hearts sometimes and the atmosphere with over 18,000 on average attending is truly fabulous and not as vile as at the ugly sisters venues..

We may never be "in that league" but the additional revenue they raise is very significant in comparison to us... 

So first priority is improving our squad, results and league position each year to draw in more fans and more revenue, but we should not take our eye of the ball of making appropriate improvements for the benefit of the fans either.   :turtle

Someone ridiculed  me for saying we should have a advertising hoarding to let the passing cars know our next fixture.

Drive up the Renfrew road and the electronic hoarding advertises the Glasgow Rocks,and fixtures.

It also makes Money for the Council ,as it is on their land.

So advertising and making money,too simple for us to do the same?

On 4/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Corners being filled in has been mentioned. I would like to see the roof line in the stands extended for a couple of reasons. Don't get wet when it's raining and I'm three rows from the back. Noise would be better also creating a good atmosphere. What would you do. 

There's a guy sits at the front of the W4 in his wheelchair. Hail, rain, sleet or snow  he is there in his T shirt. He's been drowned, frozen and blown tae fack but he never leaves before the end and he never wears a coat. Just the T shirt. He is one tough dude but I would imagine he might be up for a roof line extension too.

2 hours ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Move the TV gantry.  This would re-introduce around 100 seats for St. Mirren supporters right on the half-way line.

Put the tv gantry on the roof of the stand. As good a place for Chris Sutton as you’re gonna get :lol: 

28 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Someone ridiculed  me for saying we should have a advertising hoarding to let the passing cars know our next fixture.

Drive up the Renfrew road and the electronic hoarding advertises the Glasgow Rocks,and fixtures.

Who?

30 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

It is a good idea, never gonna happen though. There are far too many paper doilies and bog roll covers to be acquired first.

The catering stalls/ pies could do with some upgrading in what they sell. Very little veggie options and no gluten free food. 

Probably not the most important thing needing done , just more of an observation.  

3 minutes ago, melmac said:

It is a good idea, never gonna happen though. There are far too many paper doilies and bog roll covers to be acquired first.

If it's cheap then it's an idea.

Might work for bigot games, although with both the away ends sold out, then you'd be encouraging bigots into the home support, which could be counter productive.

Much rather money was spent getting a decent product onto the pitch, which would attract significant numbers.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

The catering stalls/ pies could do with some upgrading in what they sell. Very little veggie options and no gluten free food. 

Probably not the most important thing needing done , just more of an observation.  

The catering outlets are rented out to a private company,nothing to do with the Club.

12 minutes ago, HSS said:

Yeah but they dont have a say in products sold or the price of them.

Not the best arrangement when they are selling products on the clubs land. Hopefully it's a good deal financially for the club. 

I'm not a betting man, but would having a bookie at the ground make us money and also give the fans a bit of fun ?

I was thinking it could be built at the back of the west stand with a door being knock through from the inside of the stand. 

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

I'm not a betting man, but would having a bookie at the ground make us money and also give the fans a bit of fun ?

I was thinking it could be built at the back of the west stand with a door being knock through from the inside of the stand. 

It would only give us a rental,much the same as a pie stall.

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Never happen mate, most folk use online bookies these day's, they'll all be closing there shops soon as well..