If you could improve the stadium.

8 hours ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Move the TV gantry.  This would re-introduce around 100 seats for St. Mirren supporters right on the half-way line.

Self financing? These seats would be taken up,perhaps at expense of some more peripheral seats. But even a 50% net gain, 50 seats, £20 per seat= £1,000 per match= £20k per season. 

15 hours ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Self financing? These seats would be taken up,perhaps at expense of some more peripheral seats. But even a 50% net gain, 50 seats, £20 per seat= £1,000 per match= £20k per season. 

Yep.  Those would be premium seats.  They could maybe suspend the TV gantry off the roof like here at Newport - 

image.png.2c318f2465507c868a9a8b116f9fa849.png

18 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Yep.  Those would be premium seats.  They could maybe suspend the TV gantry off the roof like here at Newport - 

Maybe the design of our stand doesn’t allow for that?  Don’t know but you would have hoped that option was considered when the TV gantry was put in place.  

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, Sweeper07 said:

The obvious improvement for me would be to have it full every time we play at home. Then we would need to build extra capacity for all the right reasons. That means having an improved team and fans that can draw their pals in from supporting the ugly two or others, as well as younger folk.

I get invited back to Hearts sometimes and the atmosphere with over 18,000 on average attending is truly fabulous and not as vile as at the ugly sisters venues..

We may never be "in that league" but the additional revenue they raise is very significant in comparison to us... 

So first priority is improving our squad, results and league position each year to draw in more fans and more revenue, but we should not take our eye of the ball of making appropriate improvements for the benefit of the fans either.   :turtle

Our stadium only needs to be halffull before it generates a fantastic atmosphere. Filling in the corners would make the sound stay in the stadium and help generate even more atmosphere.

If it were me, I'd only fill in the south corners and not the north ones.  Imagine being in the same stand as a manky morton supporter! It's bad enough when we share the cow shed.

I agree with changing the roof to give better rain protection. It is much worse on the main stand due to wind direction. 

The stadium is wonderful but one must never, ever rest on ones laurels lest one eventually devolves into something akin to Greenock

So in the interests of evolution I propose the following improvements

A big sign at every entrance stating the following enforced rules

1)  NO TRACKSUITS

2)  NO LABOUR VOTERS

3)  NO KNOWN CRIMINALS/VAGABONDS/PEOPLE FROM GREENOCK

4)  NO OLD FIRM FANS

5)  NO SIN BINNED BAWA FORUM USER'S

I would also have a Smisa section whereby all Smisa members are penned into a section at the rear of the family stand.  The Smisa section will be surrounded in sound proofed Perspex in order to protect normal people from the overly loud and constant whining and opinionated self important urine that will be generated without pause.

A redesign of the catering facilities should also take place.  Nothing complicated just a simple design whereby the person taking your order does not have to walk from the counter (where she/he took your order) to the Bovril dispenser, stand in a queue at the Bovril dispenser, pour your Bovril and return to you, leaving said Bovril on the counter before walking to the warm pie machine, standing in a queue at said warm pie machine before returning to you and leaving your warm pie on the counter before quoting you a ridiculously high price for said Bovril and pie.  Thereafter take your £20.00 note and walk to the till, stand in a queue at the till before placing your £20.00 in said till, removing your £1.20 change, walking back to you, hand you the change and thus finally finish the transaction!!!!  Note:- The overpriced transaction can be extended to include a soft drink, thus he/she walking to the soft drink dispenser, standing in a queue at said soft drink dispenser, dispensing your soft drink, adding ice and walking back to the counter, placing soft drink on the counter before dealing with the next phase of the transaction.  A similar phase can be added for sausage rolls/hamburger/cheeseburger and/or hot dog (s).

I would commission marble statues of important Paisley Buddies in order to educate/stimulate intelligent conversation.  People I would immortalise is such statues would include:

1) Saint Mirin himself (although he would be taller, more athletically built with a rugged chiselled chin than the small fellah outside the chapel of his own name)

2) Walter Fitz Alan

3)  Cuthbert

4) Ta Ta Bella

5) Henry Herbert Asquith

6) Esmael Goncalves

7) Dan McGarry

8)  Kelly Marie

9) Robert Tannahill

10) Agnes Naismith (and the other 6)

11) James Dunlop

12) Gerry Rafferty

13) Dougie Vipond

14) Arthur Henderson VC

15) Hugh McIvar VC

16) The owner of Café Malatso that gives free Christmas dinners to those who would otherwise be alone

17) Jock Bradford

18) The Paisley Snail

19) Marjorie Bruce

20) Fulton MacKay

21) Hector Nicol

22) Dale Greig

23) James McKechnie VC

24) John Hannah VC

25) Samuel Evans VC

26)  A tribute to the Woodside first aid station, the canal boat disaster and the wee darlings of the Glen

27) Danny Kyle

These statues would be paid for by Smisa since I wouldn't let them near my beloved club.