If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

The title of the thread is a message for GS and TF.... I think you know why.  The west stand was half empty, people are staying away so all the bull about making more money is in fact a load of crap. The people being shifted aren't moving to the main stand or the west. We give them our stands behind the goals and they repay us by setting bangers and flares, why the **** are giving them our home end when that's the kind of fans they are? Over to you GS!!

We were around 1,700 fans down in Saturday. There are a few reasons for this;

Saturday’s game was a relegation battle.
Fans displaced from their normal seat.
Playing Celtic and people expecting us to get hosed.
Playing Celtic and people not wanting to expose themselves to their fans.
Game was on the telly.
Game was midweek, which always impacts the crowd.

They all impact the home crowd and three of them would do so against any other opposition too so the extra cash is definitely welcome.

GLS is running a business and cash flow is vitally important so any income streams have to be maximised. I understand this is an emotive issue but the only way to fix it, IMO, is to fill it (at least 75%) with season tickets.

All non Old Firm clubs should resign from the league and start a new league without them

In the meantime, all fans of all non OF clubs should boycott all games against the OF to force this to happen.

Any Saints fan at the game last night was supporting the continuation of the Old Firm and sectarianism in Scottish society

Hang your heads in shame

9 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

The title of the thread is a message for GS and TF.... I think you know why.  The west stand was half empty, people are staying away so all the bull about making more money is in fact a load of crap. The people being shifted aren't moving to the main stand or the west. We give them our stands behind the goals and they repay us by setting bangers and flares, why the **** are giving them our home end when that's the kind of fans they are? Over to you GS!!

A lot of season ticket holders don't do old firm games. Especially parents with kids. 

27 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

All non Old Firm clubs should resign from the league and start a new league without them

In the meantime, all fans of all non OF clubs should boycott all games against the OF to force this to happen.

Any Saints fan at the game last night was supporting the continuation of the Old Firm and sectarianism in Scottish society

Hang your heads in shame

And there was me thinking I was supporting St Mirren. 

35 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Game was on the telly.

They all impact the home crowd and three of them would do so against any other opposition too so the extra cash is definitely welcome.

GLS is running a business and cash flow is vitally important so any income streams have to be maximised. I understand this is an emotive issue but the only way to fix it, IMO, is to fill it (at least 75%) with season tickets.

The weather also played a part!

34 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Hang your heads in shame

I'm supporting my own team they get the money from my season ticket i don't go to the OF cesspits and haven't for years.

41 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Game was on the telly.

And for this little extra income he's willing to alienate his own supporters? 

And also taking the family stand is really going to encourage families isn't it! As others have pointed out a lot of parents already give this a body swerve so taking the family stand off them isn't exactly going to persuade them otherwise.  I wonder how much we'll be patronised come Season Ticket sales time telling us how vital we are, but only vital if it doesn't affect profits. This policy is IMO not looking at the long term view of encouraging future fans to come support their team against the OF. 

55 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Hang your heads in shame

Change the record :snore 

15 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

And also taking the family stand is really going to encourage families isn't it! As others have pointed out a lot of parents already give this a body swerve so taking the family stand off them isn't exactly going to persuade them otherwise.  I wonder how much we'll be patronised come Season Ticket sales time telling us how vital we are, but only vital if it doesn't affect profits. This policy is IMO not looking at the long term view of encouraging future fans to come support their team against the OF. 

Think if you were doing the clubs books you would have a better understanding. If we filled the stands we would not need to give out the family stand. £86,400 Would give us an extra two players. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Think if you were doing the clubs books you would have a better understanding. If we filled the stands we would not need to give out the family stand. £86,400 Would give us an extra two players. 

No i'm sorry i do have an understanding that it's all about money and i'm saying we should find the 80 grand or whatever it is from somewhere else or live without it instead of alienating our own fans and shifting them for OF fans who fire flares and bangers onto the pitch.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

All of our supporters?

A relatively small number I'd imagine.

Well those in the family stand for a start and i'm willing to bet that the majority of supporters don't want the old firm in our home stand. I understand the money it generates and i'm saying it's not worth it.

Hang your heads in shame

What a stupid statement, the saints fans at the game last night were there for one reason, to support our team just like any other week. As for people not attending it was not for your stupid reason about. So you can go hang your head in shame.

44 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

No i'm sorry i do have an understanding that it's all about money and i'm saying we should find the 80 grand or whatever it is from somewhere else or live without it instead of alienating our own fans and shifting them for OF fans who fire flares and bangers onto the pitch.

Unfortunately football fans are very tribal it's a sad cultural thing. In the game Ruby is what it should be for fans a sport 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It is amazing that you manage to come up with such a precise figure as £86,400 and then manage to throw it about in such a careless way. 

Much of the ‘extra’ income was lost with family stand season ticket holders not going to the game. 

These daft figures and assertions that the income would get us two extra players were all comprehensively debunked months ago. 

I’d be amazed if over the 3 home games against the OF the increase in income was £86,400, never mind in one game as you claim. 

5 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

It is amazing that you manage to come up with such a precise figure as £86,400 and then manage to throw it about in such a careless way. 

Much of the ‘extra’ income was lost with family stand season ticket holders not going to the game. 

These daft figures and assertions that the income would get us two extra players were all comprehensively debunked months ago. 

I’d be amazed if over the 3 home games against the OF the increase in income was £86,400, never mind in one game as you claim. 

I wrote around 1,600 × 2 = 3,200. /  3,200 x £27 = £86,400  that's adult prices and why I wrote around. 

10 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I'm not saying the figures are correct or not but how do you know how many home "paying" fans in the family stand didn't go to any of the OF games? A lot of the attendees in that stand are on "free" tickets whether given away by the club to schools, clubs etc or kids whose season tickets are free due to age and parents season ticket. Neither am I saying it's the "correct" thing to do to give the stand over but I think it's fair to say that the club certainly gain financially by doing so.

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wrote around 1,600 × 2 = 3,200. /  3,200 x £27 = £86,400  that's adult prices and why I wrote around. 

So when you said ‘around’ what you really meant was a MAXIMUM. 

Lose the VAT off it and you are now at a MAXIMUM of £72k