If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

What a stupid statement.

If there was no OF them St Mirren would be better off and sectarianism would end.

You’re stupid reason for supporting it is a disgrace. Hang your head in shame.

If there was no OF !!!! :1eye:lol::lol:

Get real FFS !!!

They didn't sell out both stands judging by the amount of empty seats so it's not as high as 1800 - 1500 to 1600?
While it's still money for us we also need more police and stewards as they are at both ends of the stadium and not just one which is another expense.
So it's additional monies, just not as much as we were led to believe.

We've also gained additional revenues from the United Cup game and larger crowds than expected against Dundee and some larger visiting supports.

The away support was given on The screen as 3245 which means they did sell out both stands.
I wish they hadn’t , wish we were in a position to tell them to f**k off but the fact is it brings extra revenue.
I f**king hate walking through them going into and out of the stadium no matter which way you turn.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

You talk about them far more than anyone else on here.................. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Not sure about that , there's someone in the sub forum that seems to have an equally unhealthy obsession with the ugly twosome. 

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's also nowhere near your number either.

No problem with that but when you start mouthing off about how others should learn accounting and then come out with that utter tripe you deserve to be challenged on it.

You are taking the piss out yourself not me.. I run a business. Have no idea , you don't ether what the figure total is for expenses. Was pointing out what ticket sales would bring in from the two away ends regarding adult tickets . Are you seriously a lecture ? Honestly. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

I'm not a big fan of giving them both ends of the ground. 

We lose a bit of the home advantage by doing that, although if OK is just going to play reserves and try to get a 0-0 draw I don't suppose that matters so much.

The issue is that there were 1700 less home fans there last night as compared to Saturday. There just isn't much appetite from Saints fans for these games, if we keep the family stand for Saints fans it will basically sit empty.

It would help if the stadium had been built properly in the first place. Building a 1600 away stand that can be sold out even by Dundee and Killie  doesn't make any sense.

Important to remember that the overflow for this was traditionally W6/W7.

The club has created a problem by marketing  W6/W7 to increase season ticket sales last season and to house the NorthBank. 

42 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Important to remember that the overflow for this was traditionally W6/W7.

The club has created a problem by marketing  W6/W7 to increase season ticket sales last season and to house the NorthBank. 

Putting them in W6 and 7 is an even worse solution.

Amazing to think we had a fresh slate to build a new stadium and didn't come up with a way to house big away supports.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Putting them in W6 and 7 is an even worse solution.

Amazing to think we had a fresh slate to build a new stadium and didn't come up with a way to house big away supports.

Definitely agree with your point about having them in the West. My seat is the last before the old segregation,  and it was hell. 

Never again please. 

I know the club made more on Saturday against Dundee. And a lot of youngsters would have got to see a full strength saints win at home. Which might make them, and their parents want to come back.

having the threat of violence, bigotry and a FlashBang (its not a firework, its a military grade explosive to clear a hostile enclosure) thrown at you, i suggest might not make the kids and their parents want to attend.

just sayin, its a small minded false economic decision, that has short, medium and long term consequences. You play with fire, you get your fingers burned SMFC!

We were around 1,700 fans down in Saturday. There are a few reasons for this;

Saturday’s game was a relegation battle.
Fans displaced from their normal seat.
Playing Celtic and people expecting us to get hosed.
Playing Celtic and people not wanting to expose themselves to their fans.
Game was on the telly.
Game was midweek, which always impacts the crowd.

They all impact the home crowd and three of them would do so against any other opposition too so the extra cash is definitely welcome.

GLS is running a business and cash flow is vitally important so any income streams have to be maximised. I understand this is an emotive issue but the only way to fix it, IMO, is to fill it (at least 75%) with season tickets.
Accies have pocketed the best part of £50 as I bought two tickets to go support Saints.

I WOULD have gone to support us against Celtic as I have done every time my season ticket has been valid for it.

However... I will NOT willingly move to another stand purely to make way for away fans.

If Saints prefer their cash and support to mine, that is their choice, but I want no part of it as to go is to condone a decision I abhor.

A lot of season ticket holders don't do old firm games. Especially parents with kids. 
But what have we done to try and change that? To incentivise and build up our own support for not only the present, but for the future?
This decision was made without any such attempt, ironically, at the time when the feel good factor around the place was as high as i can remember it.

I wrote around 1,600 × 2 = 3,200. /  3,200 x £27 = £86,400  that's adult prices and why I wrote around. 

Minus additional expenses such as police and stewarding.

Minus lost income from home fans not attending.

Minus reduced income from Family Stand season tickets.

Minus recurring lost income from young Saints fans who believe not attending home games against the OF is the norm!

34 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Minus additional expenses such as police and stewarding.

Minus lost income from home fans not attending.

Minus reduced income from Family Stand season tickets.

Minus recurring lost income from young Saints fans who believe not attending home games against the OF is the norm!

And minus 1600 as its only one extra stand, means the decision probably cost us the difference between saturdays gate against Dundee and last night's...?

I know the club made more on Saturday against Dundee.

How do you know this?

There were 176 more fans there on Saturday but the walk up ticket price was £5 more expensive last night and I’m pretty sure there would be significantly more concessions on a Saturday 3pm kick off then midweek.

Even if you factor in additional stewarding/ Police Scotland costs I think you may be talking shite.

If Saints prefer their cash and support to mine, that is their choice, but I want no part of it as to go is to condone a decision I abhor.

I’m sure Saints don’t want it to be that way but it’s your money so.........

Guest TPAFKATS

The away support was given on The screen as 3245 which means they did sell out both stands.
I wish they hadn’t , wish we were in a position to tell them to f**k off but the fact is it brings extra revenue.
I f**king hate walking through them going into and out of the stadium no matter which way you turn.
Thanks. 1600 extra then, seems they sell all tickets just some don't turn up?

One other point.

How many of us detest the position of OF fans that Scottish Football "needs" them and their clubs?

By increasing ticket prices and moving home fans to accommodate them, our club agrees.

All those defending the decision agree by proxy!

You feel Scottish football NEEDS Rangers and Celtic.

You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Last night generated around £86,400 from the away end. There were large spaces in the West stand and main stand. It's not rocket science. 

I think this figure is fairly accurate. However I sincerely hope that St Mirren are fined at least that amount for the criminal lack of effective stewarding which led to the public order offences of which we are all aware.

It should come as no surprise that when hooligans are allowed to stand during the game then public order is much harder to enforce.

If you are going to let them take over the family 'no swearing please' stand then stewarding should be effective.

SPFL. Do your duty. Fine here please.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

One other point.

How many of us detest the position of OF fans that Scottish Football "needs" them and their clubs?

By increasing ticket prices and moving home fans to accommodate them, our club agrees.

All those defending the decision agree by proxy!

You feel Scottish football NEEDS Rangers and Celtic.

You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.

Majority of us totally agree what you are saying and doing

But it's a dog eat dog business

I never went last night because i'm a walk up fan and wasn't paying an extra £5 than the usual price

Especially when we were playing a weakened team and the standard of fitba isn't greater than the usual fare

I would have went usual prices like it was not that long ago

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

But what have we done to try and change that? To incentivise and build up our own support for not only the present, but for the future?
This decision was made without any such attempt, ironically, at the time when the feel good factor around the place was as high as i can remember it.

There was plenty room in both home stands last night for everyone who has a season ticket for the family stand also for home fans who pay at the gate. There were huge empty spaces in the West stand last night. If we had a successful team who could get a result at home against the old firm  more Saints fans would turn up. It makes perfectly good business sense to give the two stands to away fans if they can fill them , we can't even fill our two main stands last night. Like it or not and for the record I don't like it ether. The bottom line is we are a business as such money has to be generated what is so hard to understand. 

There was plenty room in both home stands last night for everyone who has a season ticket for the family stand also for home fans who pay at the gate. There were huge empty spaces in the West stand last night. If we had a successful team who could get a result at home against the old firm  more Saints fans would turn up. It makes perfectly good business sense to give the two stands to away fans if they can fill them , we can't even fill our two main stands last night. Like it or not and for the record I don't like it ether. The bottom line is we are a business as such money has to be generated what is so hard to understand. 
We are settling for less than we can be and chasing away future generations of fans.

That comes at a bigger long term cost.

What's so hard to understand?

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

We are settling for less than we can be and chasing away future generations of fans.

That comes at a bigger long term cost.

What's so hard to understand?

Sorry I don't agree with that. If you wanted to watch Saints last night you could have. It certainly won't chase me away or anyone who I know. Take you will be back also ? Not trying to argumentative with you just pointing out reality. 

Sorry I don't agree with that. If you wanted to watch Saints last night you could have. It certainly won't chase me away or anyone who I know. Take you will be back also ? Not trying to argumentative with you just pointing out reality. 
"reality"?
Meaning I have no grasp of reality? Yet not trying to be argumentative?
Use of language suggests otherwise.

I could have gone last night, had I wished to condone the giving up of the "family stand" to away fans. I don't condone it one iota.

I'll be back when it is covered by my season ticket. That simple.

Also.... I HAVE to SIT in that stand, facing a sign that says "no swearing".

Why are they allowed to make up their own rules? Acceptable?