If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

One other point.

How many of us detest the position of OF fans that Scottish Football "needs" them and their clubs?

By increasing ticket prices and moving home fans to accommodate them, our club agrees.

All those defending the decision agree by proxy!

You feel Scottish football NEEDS Rangers and Celtic.

You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.

I dislike the OF in the same way as most people do.

I don’t agree that we need them. In fact I’d much prefer they were down south playing.

That being said if we’re playing in a league where all of the other teams sell out half (sometimes more) of their grounds to accommodate them then we’re putting ourselves at a commercial disadvantage by not following suit.

It’s a business decision and the club clearly believe that the positive impact of the extra revenue outweighs the negative impact of fan relocation and feelings.

We are settling for less than we can be and chasing away future generations of fans.

That comes at a bigger long term cost.

What's so hard to understand?

I don’t buy this viewpoint. It’s something you’re clearly passionate about but I’m not in the same place.

I took my 12 year old to the game last night (her first OF game) and she enjoyed it like any other. She actually commented on the atmosphere created by the Celtic fans and their own drummer.

There is one simple solution to this and that is to put a winning team on the park. It will attract more fans and remove the need for the club to sell more tickets to away fans.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Very unpleasant last night giving them those two stands just about made it a home game for them - I won't be back for another OF game.

Wimp. .:P

. .but seriously,  it is wrong that those people should make you want to stay away from your team , Colin. The throwing of fireworks is something from a different era. .

Wimp. .[emoji14]
. .but seriously,  it is wrong that those people should make you want to stay away from your team , Colin. The throwing of fireworks is something from a different era. .
Not being pendantic...

But that was much more than a firework.

It was a Flashbang...

A military grade explosive device used in battle!

....... I haven't been to an away game at either of the O.F. since the early 90's. ..... Away fans at those grounds are treated like shite by the home fans, stewards, AND the local constabulary. .......... I say we should treat those f**kers with the same contempt as they treat fans of every other club. ..... Give them the worst seats with the worst view in the house. ...... Throw pies and paper cups full of piss at them. .... Take their flags and banners from them, and eject them from the ground if they stand up for any reason whatsoever. ...... I can't believe that we as a club are prepared to hand over the "home" end to those bigoted bastards for ANY reason. ...... IMO it's an absolute disgrace and I don't know anyone personally who thinks otherwise. .... Call me old-fashioned if you like, but I reckon that principles are far more important than any amount of money which has been tainted by either of those rancid institutions. ......

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Putting them in W6 and 7 is an even worse solution.

Amazing to think we had a fresh slate to build a new stadium and didn't come up with a way to house big away supports.

Even swapping the 'end' the Family Stand is situated in would've made more sense. Bigger South Stand for away fans, North for our fans - 1600 is more than enough... also means another group of fans closer to W7 bunch...

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You are taking the piss out yourself not me.. I run a business. Have no idea , you don't ether what the figure total is for expenses. Was pointing out what ticket sales would bring in from the two away ends regarding adult tickets . Are you seriously a lecture ? Honestly. 

I am seriously thinking of hiring a human being whose sole job is to translate your posts into English. :lol:

Even swapping the 'end' the Family Stand is situated in would've made more sense. Bigger South Stand for away fans, North for our fans - 1600 is more than enough... also means another group of fans closer to W7 bunch...
Transport logistics ruled against that, sensible as it is.

They don't want fans mixing or crossing each other!

Mind you... How did that work out on Wednesday?

Years worth of the clubs excuses have been thrown out of the window with this arrangement.

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You are taking the piss out yourself not me.. I run a business. Have no idea , you don't ether what the figure total is for expenses. Was pointing out what ticket sales would bring in from the two away ends regarding adult tickets . Are you seriously a lecture ? Honestly. 

Hopefully not as a proof reader. :lol: 

11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Last night generated around £86,400 from the away end. There were large spaces in the West stand and main stand. It's not rocket science. 

Lets say your rough estimations are correct (which they aren't), we'd have been pulling half of that ticket revenue anyway if we'd only given them one stand.

So over 3 games, it's an extra £130k in ticket sales.... minus VAT, minus lower priced concessions and minus additional policing and stewarding.

You'd be lucky if we pulled and extra £60-£70k between the 3 games combined.

Definitely not worth it.

Edited by djchapsticks

8 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Supporters should be grown up and mature enough to understand the financials behind it without getting emotional and spitting the dummy.

The extra money is vital for us if we intend to compete and remain in this league.

I agree but only if it's a two way thing...are the OF supporters that come to our ground Grown up and mature? ... No they're not, and that's why people get so emotional about it. They're in the wrong and we reward them by giving them two stands.

If we go back to one away stand, St Mirren need to make an effort to fill up the stadium with Saints fans. We should be intimidating them when they come to our home, not the other way round.

The people running the club and ticket office wouldn't have a clue where to begin on trying something like that though.

10 hours ago, ged62 said:

What a stupid statement, the saints fans at the game last night were there for one reason, to support our team just like any other week. As for people not attending it was not for your stupid reason about. So you can go hang your head in shame.

This is his modus operandi - He does stupid in bundles - it is his way of getting some attention . . .

How can it be right that lifelong supporters who choose the home end behind the goals feel let down by the club but because of the extra money that's somehow alright? When it comes to the OF we bend over backwards to please them. It's short term thinking and will possibly cause long term damage to any future influx of fans who will prefer to go and watch "the big clubs" in Glasgow. I sit in the west stand but if i was a ST holder in the family stand i can guarantee i wouldn't have been there last night. 

If we go back to one away stand, St Mirren need to make an effort to fill up the stadium with Saints fans. We should be intimidating them when they come to our home, not the other way round.
The people running the club and ticket office wouldn't have a clue where to begin on trying something like that though.
This! Agreed.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Lets say your rough estimations are correct (which they aren't), we'd have been pulling half of that ticket revenue anyway if we'd only given them one stand.

So over 3 games, it's an extra £130k in ticket sales.... minus VAT, minus lower priced concessions and minus additional policing and stewarding.

You'd be lucky if we pulled and extra £60-£70k between the 3 games combined.

Definitely not worth it.

Have said it so many times on this thread you or I have no idea what The subtraction costs are. The real answer lies with the board who are all St Mirren fans. They see it as making more money otherwise the second stand would not be given to away fans. There is your answer which is not hard to work out :D

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have said it so many times on this thread you or I have no idea what The subtraction costs are. The real answer lies with the board who are all St Mirren fans. They see it as making more money otherwise the second stand would not be given to away fans. There is your answer which is not hard to work out :D

You have no idea what the addition costs are, didn't stop you coming up with some fanciful numbers though.

Have said it so many times on this thread you or I have no idea what The subtraction costs are. The real answer lies with the board who are all St Mirren fans. They see it as making more money otherwise the second stand would not be given to away fans. There is your answer which is not hard to work out [emoji3]
IoBS... They came up with this plan without any effort whatsoever to engage or increase the home support!

Because they did it, does not automatically make it either right, or the best option.

Easiest for sure though.

What a stupid statement.

If there was no OF them St Mirren would be better off and sectarianism would end.

You’re stupid reason for supporting it is a disgrace. Hang your head in shame.
So if the old firm was shut down the orange order would just disappear?

It make complete business sense to give the Old Firm the two stands, whats point in it have 200 people in it when you can fill it...the only difference i would put in is i would charge them £100 a ticket and place stewards in every 2nd row from top to bottom just to piss them right off...they cant behave and continually stand up so put something in place to stop it..

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

The supporters run club wouldn't have a clue where to begin on trying something like that though.

Give away free tickets and we still wouldn't fill the ground with our own supporters.

22 minutes ago, pod said:

Give away free tickets and we still wouldn't fill the ground with our own supporters.

If we were having a season like Killie are having , we might. Unfortunately I see that being the only way of increasing the home attendances. 

12 hours ago, Kemp said:

I'm sure they would welcome your brilliant and foolproof ideas from your glittering career filling sports stadiums :lol:.

Edited by oaksoft