If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You have no idea what the addition costs are, didn't stop you coming up with some fanciful numbers though.

Sorry ? I gave a number of sold out tickets for the away end which holds 1,600 fans the family stand also holds 1,600 fans total away fans 3,200 . Now the cost of a adult ticket was £27.00. 3,200 x £27.00 = Is £86,400. I wrote around taking into account concessions. Please do explain what is fanciful figure ? I have already pointed out nether you or I know deductions for running costs. You then choose to ignore the fact the board see it as a money making. Trying to understand where you are coming from. Hope the bee in the bunnet did not sting you :lol:

I have passed up attending the ugly sisters home games now. Its just not a home game anymore.

Also the fact the club chairman promised to consult Smisa members on any decision to give away fans an extra stand, then made no attempt to consult whatsoever led me to the viewpoint that he, and the board could go and lie in their own pish over that decision, and be should ge held wholly accountable for the shocking incidents of explosives being thrown, sectarianism, intimidation and assaults on fans etc....

also the drop on saints fans attending. Yes our board have knowlingly manufactured a decline in the home support to accommodate SCUM..!

still waiting on a club statement...  but then, they arent going to upset their OF pals like they would with a wholly false statement about their own support.  Weak, feeble, cowards.

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sorry ? I gave a number of sold out tickets for the away end which holds 1,600 fans the family stand also holds 1,600 fans total away fans 3,200 . Now the cost of a adult ticket was £27.00. 3,200 x £27.00 = Is £86,400. I wrote around taking into account concessions. Please do explain what is fanciful figure ? I have already pointed out nether you or I know deductions for running costs. You then choose to ignore the fact the board see it as a money making. Trying to understand where you are coming from. Hope the bee in the bunnet did not sting you :lol:

Err... i think you just did say what you thought the figures were... again!

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Err... i think you just did say what you thought the figures were... again!

Oh Lord, Is the words around and concessions being ignored. Yes it's a top accurate number for adult tickets so the actual figure won't be too off 86,400. Now we all know that is not the profit margin. Running costs have to be taken into account as well as VAT. Next we can't fill the main or West stand . Now not one St Mirren fan likes the fact we have to hand over the family stand. You ether want the club to maximize income or you don't. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Surely you can only count the family stand, after all that's what the thread's about, so that must half the money £43,200 per game and that's a gross figure, not taking into account the home support will inevitably be smaller, and deductions for VAT & concessions. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Surely you can only count one stand so that must half the money £43,200 per game and that's a gross figure not taking into account the smaller home support and deductions for VAT & concessions. 

Colin rightly or wrongly im adding the two stands. If you want to add just the family stand I fully understand. Then it's half my figure bottom line is it's still bringing extra cash in. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oh Lord, Is the words around and concessions being ignored. Yes it's a top accurate number for adult tickets so the actual figure won't be too off 86,400. Now we all know that is not the profit margin. Running costs have to be taken into account as well as VAT. Next we can't fill the main or West stand . Now not one St Mirren fan likes the fact we have to hand over the family stand. You ether want the club to maximize income or you don't. 

You have failed to subtract the hundreds of saints fans like me who stayed away, but who you actually commented on as 'big empty spaces' in the west and main stands!

on saturday there must have been just over a thousand in the family stand as well as a full west and main stand. The rationale behind the decision just doesnt add up! Its like Tesco, inviting Sainsburys in to sell in their store, then wondering why their regular customers have gone.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You have failed to subtract the hundreds of saints fans like me who stayed away, but who you actually commented on as 'big empty spaces' in the west and main stands!

on saturday there must have been just over a thousand in the family stand as well as a full west and main stand. The rationale behind the decision just doesnt add up! Its like Tesco, inviting Sainsburys in to sell in their store, then wondering why their regular customers have gone.

Going by the history of the forum there are fans who will not attend old firm games no matter what. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Going by the history of the forum there are fans who will not attend old firm games no matter what. 

True, but not in the numbers this season when we were riding a crest of a wave of optimism, and when over 1200 had taken a 30% stake in the club, looking towards majority stake. And when the club decided to kick families out of their season ticket seats.

the club have engineered the drop in home support, they took the easy, short term, but ultimately damaging option of accommodating Scum over trying to build their own support. Is this what Fitzy meant when he wanted to see all stands full?

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Colin rightly or wrongly im adding the two stands. If you want to add just the family stand I fully understand. Then it's half my figure bottom line is it's still bringing extra cash in. 

Erm, wrongly!

I think it's generally accepted the decision costs us some home support so bottom line it's more than half your original figure which even you admit is gross rather than net - £86,400 my arse!

Edited by Bud the Baker

13 hours ago, Kemp said:

If we go back to one away stand, St Mirren need to make an effort to fill up the stadium with Saints fans. We should be intimidating them when they come to our home, not the other way round.

The people running the club and ticket office wouldn't have a clue where to begin on trying something like that though.

How about last Saturday when 20 kids could attend free with two adults which significantly boosted the attendance in the family stand?

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erm, wrongly!

I think it's generally accepted the decision costs us some home support so bottom line it's more than half your original figure which even you admit is gross rather than net - £86,400 my arse!

Why on earth would you want to talk out your arse. ? So you don't agree we should maximise Income fine. I differ I think we should maximise Income. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Why on earth would you want to talk out your arse. ? So you don't agree we should maximise Income fine. I differ I think we should maximise Income. 

The phrase was lifted from the post I was replying to, so I guess it was your arse I was talking out of! :spud2

I am not questioning the clubs right to maximise income, I am saying that the extra £86,400 per game you quoted is an exaggeration, by a factor of 2 at least, of how much we will have made from the decision.

I DO... but it just didn't try in any way shape or form to do so involving the home support, despite our Chief Executive sharing his desire to see the stadium packed with home fans!

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The phrase was lifted from the post I was replying to, so I guess it was your arse I was talking out of! :spud2

I am not questioning the clubs right to maximise income, I am saying that the extra £86,400 per game you quoted is an exaggeration, by a factor of 2 at least, of how much we will have made from the decision.

So the away Celtic fans did not number 3,200 ? How many did they bring Colin ?  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I DO... but it just didn't try in any way shape or form to do so involving the home support, despite our Chief Executive sharing his desire to see the stadium packed with home fans!

Agree with you. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When is the last game St Mirren fans sold out the family stand. 

How is that relevant, if anything the home attendance is a point against your argument - even allowing for the fact it's a bit "apples & oranges" there's no way giving the family stand to the OF resulted in an extra 1600 fans attending the match.

It doesn't affect my original point which is that giving the Family Stand to the OF doesn't generate an extra £86,400 game, that's just wrong - a point you've ignored 4 times.  

This is a totally emotive topic which has two main arguments. I get them both.

The first argument is that giving an extra stand gives them an advantage on the night. Ideally, we want this stand filled with St Mirren fans cheering on our team and maximising the home advantage. In an ideal world everyone, including IOBS, wants this.

Another strand to this argument is that giving the old firm two stands makes it dangerous to attend because they are hooligans, scum bigots or whatever. Safety is the issue and our fans should come before revenue.  

The final strand of this is that by denying our young supporters’ access to these games they will lose interest in the club and fade away affecting the long-term future of the club.

Together these three sound sensible but doing this in a way that generates income is challenging.

The people in support of the maximise income stance recognise this and are not arguing against any of the above but are being pragmatic. They are not pro-OLD FIRM

They understand the club needs money to survive and support maximising income because we cannot fill the stands ourselves. If there was an alternative which could bring in the same revenue and fill the stands with Saints fans, they would be right behind it. If there were additional income streams which meant the extra money the old firm brought could be offset, they would no doubt accept that and settle for 3 half full stands to deny the Old Firm advantage.

Emotions run high and fans staying away may have a valid point to make but also deplete club income and possibly reinforce the idea the Old Firm are the more profitable option.

Both sets of fans have strong beliefs, but I think we all have the interest of the club at heart.

Slagging off IOBS and making Glib remarks about his literacy, business skills and intelligence from behind your keyboards is like throwing flashbangs at an unsuspecting goalie from the safety of a crowd of scumbags. Its not big and it’s not clever.

Both arguments have Pros and Cons. It may be harder to resolve this one than Brexit.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
flashbanged

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

How about last Saturday when 20 kids could attend free with two adults which significantly boosted the attendance in the family stand?

If that worked then fair play. Why not repeat this type of thing when playing Celtic & Rangers? (Which appear to be the least appealing games for most Saints fans at present).

When we do play them the club make it as difficult as possible for St Mirren fans to buy tickets. The way the ticket office staff talk to customers could do with some serious improvement (for all games). And 27 pounds for a game that we now seem to treat as a chance to play the reserves isn't great value for money.

My feeling after Wednesday night was I wished I hadn't gone. I wasn't particularly upset at the result, it was a feeling I hadn't had my going to a St Mirren game before: I wish I hadn't come here today. I didn't feel particularly welcome and didn't enjoy the atmosphere or game. Clearly about 2000 St Mirren fans had already had that feeling at some point. That should be concerning to the club, because its an easy step from not going to certain games to not going to any games.

I've changed my mind on this before but reading through the thread I am in agreement with those that say the money we make from this isn't worth it. The damage to the club and support in other ways is too much.

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Slagging off IOBS and making Glib remarks about his literacy, business skills and intelligence from behind your keyboards is like throwing flashbangs at an unsuspecting goalie from the safety of a crowd of scumbags. Its not big and it’s not clever.

It is generally only Oaksoft that does that. He can't help it on account of being a pompous c**t.

10 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Both arguments have Pros and Cons. It may be harder to resolve this one than Brexit.

There is only one pro argument: We make money from it.

It should be pointed out that St Mirren's problem hasn't been making money as such, it has been spending it properly. Giving the bigots the extra stand for all three games probably barely makes a dent in to the pay offs of Stubbs & Darren Jackson.

It isn't a huge amount of money this brings in, and we can live without it if the club is managed properly.