If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

10 hours ago, DLBud said:

I think it may be close to that bud. 1,800 tickets @ say £25 each x 3 games. That’s about £135k. Would the extra policing and non-season ticket buddies who don’t go amount to £35k? If it does that would still leave £100k which is a couple of players for us.

Pity we spent it paying off shite management and players

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

The difference in income between giving the OF one stand or two stands. Go get yourself a coffee and read again. It’s very clear 

Not from u it's not...hate coffee as well...i'm for giving old firm family stand and half of west stand every game if it makes club money. Folk on here don't have a clue that want to leave empty seats...money makes a huge difference..

He’s clearly not talking about swapping W6/7 for a full stand, it is completely obvious by the number of seats he’s talking about.
Not sure what you don’t understand about some people not wanting to compare to an option that has never happened under this board and was never going to happen this season by GLS own admission. 
One stand has never happened under this board and was never an option yet you won't stop banging on about it!

More hypocrisy! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

On the contrary, you’ll notice my post that it ‘easily could afford two players’ with mecomparing my calculations of one stand vs two (which I evidenced in my first post, that this was my point by the way) 
i detailed the estimated income and detailed the average players wage at the club. So it was completely relevant. days later and no one has been able to provide an expense that’ll combat my calculations. It ‘easily’ could be two players but ‘likely’ will be between one and two. ‘Or’ 3-4 of the six month deals. All very clear  
as for the one player comment, you have completely ignored it was a hypothetical calculation where no family stand season ticket holders attend so you’re completely wrong on that  
your arithmetic was based on full fan numbers and not on away fans so again it was a wrong estimate, it also compared W6/W7 which I have confirmed in my first post was not what I was talking about. I even mentioned 1 stand the first time the subject was brought up on the other thread. 
Good effort though but your twisting has been completely found out I’m afraid. 
I wouldn’t take lessons from him, he quoted 10 contradictions from me that I brought down by quoting one response [emoji38]
Liar

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

One stand has never happened under this board and was never an option yet you won't stop banging on about it!

More hypocrisy! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You're not a big enough person to accept you were wrong and I was always referencing one stand. I shared screenshots to prove it. You can dislike people having different opinions from you but you can't change it.

Given two stands happened this season, one stand or W6/W7 were not going to be taken options so my transparent comparison is valid. It must hurt. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
On the contrary, you’ll notice my post that it ‘easily could afford two players’ with mecomparing my calculations of one stand vs two (which I evidenced in my first post, that this was my point by the way) 
i detailed the estimated income and detailed the average players wage at the club. So it was completely relevant. days later and no one has been able to provide an expense that’ll combat my calculations. It ‘easily’ could be two players but ‘likely’ will be between one and two. ‘Or’ 3-4 of the six month deals. All very clear  
as for the one player comment, you have completely ignored it was a hypothetical calculation where no family stand season ticket holders attend so you’re completely wrong on that  
your arithmetic was based on full fan numbers and not on away fans so again it was a wrong estimate, it also compared W6/W7 which I have confirmed in my first post was not what I was talking about. I even mentioned 1 stand the first time the subject was brought up on the other thread. 
Good effort though but your twisting has been completely found out I’m afraid. 
I wouldn’t take lessons from him, he quoted 10 contradictions from me that I brought down by quoting one response emoji38.png

Liar

You've been caught out many times as being wrong. I know it's tough but that's what happens when someone can screenshot to confirm consistency and someone can't. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
The difference in income between giving the OF one stand or two stands. Go get yourself a coffee and read again. It’s very clear 

Which could only ever have been a possibility in your tiny little mind.

Given W6/ W7 didn't happen this year it shows it wasn't an option. You're saying one option that didn't happen is more valid than another option that didn't happen. Have a wee think about that claim :lol:

Given W6/ W7 didn't happen this year it shows it wasn't an option. You're saying one option that didn't happen is more valid than another option that didn't happen. Have a wee think about that claim [emoji38]
It was an option that was taken off the table and replaced by giving them the family stand INSTEAD!

Are you suggesting one stand was ever an option?
[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

It was an option that was taken off the table and replaced by giving them the family stand INSTEAD!

Are you suggesting one stand was ever an option?
emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.png

Nope, my opinion was realistically neither of them were ever viable options. Either was the building of a temporary stand that was mentioned. I don’t doubt there were discussions but I imagine one stand and moving W7 were quickly taken off the table. 

My opinion was this was the only viable way forward and that’s why it won. You’re gettin hung up on one option that was never going to happen in comparison to another option that was never going to happen. 

My comparison is between one stand which we give everyone else to two stands. Yours is something we did four years ago against two stands.

Both are opinions and as much as you hate it, I’m allowed a different one from you. 

This is clearly last chance saloon for you, desperately holding onto the ‘no one’s allowed a different opinion from me’ approach. Ouch 

Given that Baz hs been shown fairly accurate numbers now to disprove his ridiculous "we can buy two players" nonsense, perhaps we can leave him to work it out himself and move the discussion onto what we do now that this experiment has been shown to work considerably less well than expected but with an enormous amount of anger generated in the process.

I would suggest that we move W6 and W7 to the Family stand permanently and then when the OF, Killie, Hearts, Hibs etc. come to town, nobody gets moved at all and we use these areas as overflow only. This is an improvement on the current situation. It also moves our most vocal fans away from being right next to the opposition. That might be helpful in light of the unacceptable conduct by some Saints fans in that section this season. It also pretty much fills our Family stand and finally it means our players are not shooting into the teeth of opposition fans behind both goals.

I think this might be a good long term compromise solution which meets financial needs, the needs of the team to see home supporters behind one goal and the egos of everyone involved. As a sweetner to W6/7 season ticket holders, I'd also suggest a one-off season ticket discount (10% or whatever) as compensation for them moving permanently.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Given that Baz hs been shown fairly accurate numbers now to disprove his ridiculous "we can buy two players" nonsense, perhaps we can leave him to work it out himself and move the discussion onto what we do now that this experiment has been shown to work considerably less well than expected but with an enormous amount of anger generated in the process.

I would suggest that we move W6 and W7 to the Family stand permanently and then when the OF, Killie, Hearts, Hibs etc. come to town, nobody gets moved at all and we use these areas as overflow only. This is an improvement on the current situation. It also moves our most vocal fans away from being right next to the opposition. That might be helpful in light of the unacceptable conduct by some Saints fans in that section this season. It also pretty much fills our Family stand and finally it means our players are not shooting into the teeth of opposition fans behind both goals.

I think this might be a good long term compromise solution which meets financial needs, the needs of the team to see home supporters behind one goal and the egos of everyone involved. As a sweetner to W6/7 season ticket holders, I'd also suggest a one-off season ticket discount (10% or whatever) as compensation for them moving permanently.

Are you again ignoring the facts I was comparing one stand to two stands? I never made any attempt to hide it, I said it in my very first post. Do you accept my income prediction is likely on the one stand to two movement? A question you have openly avoided several times. I'm more than happy to move on and make a prediction on what it would be to W6/W7 (even though IMO it is irrelevant given it didn't happen) 

The discussion following this proposal will be fun! [emoji12]

I agree that there are better options out there, but no matter what is done, there will be gnashing of teeth.

I also agree re Baz... I now picture him like Gollum and Smeagol, sitting arguing with himself!

Dratsies.... The Master broksies his promise to consultsies...

Shut up you fool... It was a mistaksies...

But our sumsies are silly and....

Shut up you fool.... The hobbitses will never notice. Only the clever Oskfieldsey one, but nobody likes him anyway!

Ooohhhh... So we isn't the only one with no friendsies then?

Shut up you fool. Pass me the fishy!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12]

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The discussion following this proposal will be fun! emoji12.png

I agree that there are better options out there, but no matter what is done, there will be gnashing of teeth.

I also agree re Baz... I now picture him like Gollum and Smeagol, sitting arguing with himself!

Shut up you fool.... The hobbitses will never notice. Only the clever Oskfieldsey one, but nobody likes him anyway!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji12.png

There's no need, I've adequately proven you wrong with screenshots and evidence. You simply haven't been a big enough person to admit that and refuse to allow others an opinion that differs from you. All clear as day for all to see. 

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you again ignoring the facts I was comparing one stand to two stands? I never made any attempt to hide it, I said it in my very first post. Do you accept my income prediction is likely on the one stand to two movement? A question you have openly avoided several times. I'm more than happy to move on and make a prediction on what it would be to W6/W7 (even though IMO it is irrelevant given it didn't happen) 

I'm done talking with you about arithmetic. Let's move on.

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The discussion following this proposal will be fun! emoji12.png

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji12.png

Well I won't lie - that stung me good and hard sir!
It's the most accurate thing anyone has said for days though. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well I won't lie - that stung me good and hard sir!
It's the most accurate thing anyone has said for days though. :lol:

To be fair, it didnae take a maths genius to work it out.    :whistle

(And though I'm loathe to say it - there was sense and reasonable suggestions in wot the post said - apart from an irrelevant and erroneous dig at the W7 Buds.)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Presumably under this option though we'd need to ditch the concept of a family stand?

Whilst the W7 lads don't sing songs of hate, filled with sectarianism and bigotry, they do have a few wee ditties that probably wouldn't meet the family stand criteria. 

47 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Presumably under this option though we'd need to ditch the concept of a family stand?

Whilst the W7 lads don't sing songs of hate, filled with sectarianism and bigotry, they do have a few wee ditties that probably wouldn't meet the family stand criteria. 

We don't have enough fans yet to require an entire Family stand. We can have a Family Section though within the South Stand. I am pretty sure being next to the W6/7 crowd would be quite exciting for young fans and might inspire them to come back.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We don't have enough fans yet to require an entire Family stand. We can have a Family Section though within the South Stand. I am pretty sure being next to the W6/7 crowd would be quite exciting for young fans and might inspire them to come back.

Shock horror but I actually agree with this. Back when I was a young bud the BGB (now known as the Panda club I think) were next to the North Bank in the sectioned off part. It was great hearing the singing and being part of the celebrations up close. 

It is an idea that has pros and cons (losing the extra income from the full second stand, the catering and toilet issues when we share a stand) but could work. Ideally I think we should be aiming to expand the away stand over the next 5-10 years to mitigate this problem once and for all. 

I would say W7 should be consulted on a solution though, I think if you get them on board the normal St Moan supporters will have less ammo 

Like your thinking here.

Aye... Might mean a reshuffle of the pack, but I'd be happy to move my seat if it resulted in progress.

Like your thinking here.

Aye... Might mean a reshuffle of the pack, but I'd be happy to move my seat if it resulted in progress.

I think the key to this is having an arrangement which fills the South stand but it would of course require the agreement of existing season ticket holders in both W6/7 and in the South Stand. The gain for W6/7 would be financial for that first year but I think it gives them an opportunity to seriously affect (n a very positive way) the next generation of fans. I don't mean that in a patronising way either. I genuinely think this idea might be welcomed by our players as well to be playing straight at a full stand full of noise, flags and colour.

At least the idea has something of a long term solution about it. We may need to compromise a little financially in the short term but better spending by Gus and OK compared to previous regimes would sort that out. Also, as my figures showed, the loss wouldn't really be substantial anyway so the risk is fairly minimal.

Edited by oaksoft