If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, Lord Pityme said:

If we are in the prem next season this shocking decision will see further drops in the home fans attendance. Remember in the course of a few days between the dundee and celtic game 1000 fans voted with their feet.

family club my arse!

sectarian mirren football club.

Further? 

Remember how less fans go to mid-week games than to crucial fixtures? I have shown you plenty of examples that highlight the drop in fans was not all to do with the decision. You pushing this false point won't change the facts. 

On 4/26/2019 at 6:21 PM, oaksoft said:

No idea whether Gordon reads this forum or not but as regards the extra OF income, there is only one way he can satisfactorily answer this question and it is directly as follows:-

Tell us how much, NET of all taxes, all expenses, and all reduction in Season tickets sales because of discounts and a lack of take up of West stand seats, in pound sterling, did the club gain as a result of moving the OF fans from W6 to the Family Stand in total over the 3 OF games this season?

This is a matter of trust. We are all adults here. It's fans who are having to make sacrifices here. Just tell us what we have gained financially from it and leave us to discuss whether we think it is worth it. I don't intend to go all LPM on this issue but I would like to feel fans are being treated with some respect over the numbers.

Right now, the way it  has presented feels like we are being fed bullshit. The only reason to ever engage in this sort of activity is to cover up the fact that it brought less money than he thought and that he is afraid of being seen to have made a mistake. Right now that it where my suspicion lies.

Translation - 'I think GLS is lying with zero facts or evidence to back it up.' Mind Oak was having a go at me for not letting this thread die? :lol:

On 4/26/2019 at 11:31 PM, DumboBud said:

Gordon said it so it must be true........ let me now try and scuttle about to get some figures to try and make this fit and call it evidence..... 

can anyone guess what poster I’m trying to be?

A SMFC fan trusting the people in charge of the club and providing figures that back-up what they say? Burn the witch!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know how well it came across on TV, but anyone who was there last night cant have failed to be impressed and inspired to see so many groups of youth/kids teams sitting in the family stand. Getting excited, shouting, singing and celebrating!

surely we, as the support need to lobby the board and say.. "that crowd, that atmosphere last night, with so many young people made welcome and involved.... thats the future of SMFC..! Our Town, Our Team and Our People. Stage that for every home game."

that stand, and the area behind it should be sacrosanct as a fun, involved and safe place for all the youth, youngsters and families to attend EVERY game. Do that ticket deal for every game. We as the support do not care if you make another £30k selling the seats to sectarian, bigoted, violent thugs! We want what we had last night, and at the Dundee and Livi games every time.

The club has to commit to building the support, and that cant be an on/off commitment depending on which racist support is in town. "Build it... and like last night.. They Will Come... in spades"

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I dont know how well it came across on TV, but anyone who was there last night cant have failed to be impressed and inspired to see so many groups of youth/kids teams sitting in the family stand. Getting excited, shouting, singing and celebrating!

surely we, as the support need to lobby the board and say.. "that crowd, that atmosphere last night, with so many young people made welcome and involved.... thats the future of SMFC..! Our Town, Our Team and Our People. Stage that for every home game."

that stand, and the area behind it should be sacrosanct as a fun, involved and safe place for all the youth, youngsters and families to attend EVERY game. Do that ticket deal for every game. We as the support do not care if you make another £30k selling the seats to sectarian, bigoted, violent thugs! We want what we had last night, and at the Dundee and Livi games every time.

The club has to commit to building the support, and that cant be an on/off commitment depending on which racist support is in town. "Build it... and like last night.. They Will Come... in spades"

You don’t speak for all the supporters here, I’ll also assume you are referencing roughly your thoughts on how much we make per game which is a reason why you don’t speak for all supporters. 

There is however almost profoundness in your post. If we as a club do that every game and come that close to a sellout, the club will have no real option but to stop giving the bigots two stands. 

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You don’t speak for all the supporters here, I’ll also assume you are referencing roughly your thoughts on how much we make per game which is a reason why you don’t speak for all supporters. 

There is however almost profoundness in your post. If we as a club do that every game and come that close to a sellout, the club will have no real option but to stop giving the bigots two stands. 

He pretty much speaks mainly for himself . . . 

But for once the idea that we encourage youth every home game is a serious long term building process which will create a bigger fan base in the future... keep it going - it makes good business sense and keeps them away from other football locations when we are playing...

I hope Mr 10% listened to Steve Clarke after today’s Killie game and should we stay up .... take note some things are worth more than money

Quite liked his statement

‘As I look round and see 3 stands with our support in it, Goodbye Rangers, Goodbye Celtic’

Clearly saying time for clubs to stop rolling over to those 2 teams !!!

Bold but correct

Lots of Arabs seem to have got tickets for the family stand tomorrow

Allegedly at this stage

But let’s be honest, it’ll be ‘actually’ [emoji15]

Potential for real issues inside & outside the stadium today ( over seats/smart cards/ tickets)

Is it club policy to remove visiting fans today if they are in our end ? If so, will they actually do it ?

If United fans have bought tickets for our end, it further highlights how serious the f**k up earlier this week was

The club have yet to issue a full detailed apology for how a huge amount of fans were treated this week, wonder if they’ll do it after today

Allegedly at this stage

But let’s be honest, it’ll be ‘actually’ [emoji15]

Potential for real issues inside & outside the stadium today ( over seats/smart cards/ tickets)

Is it club policy to remove visiting fans today if they are in our end ? If so, will they actually do it ?

If United fans have bought tickets for our end, it further highlights how serious the f**k up earlier this week was

The club have yet to issue a full detailed apology for how a huge amount of fans were treated this week, wonder if they’ll do it after today

I raised with SLO this morning. Away fans will be ejected was the response

13 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Why did the ‘system’ even allow it to happen?

That’s the real question

The real question is whether it actually happened at all.

I do think we need to calm down a bit here.

We've got enough mud to throw at the board without making some of it up.

Intresting wee video here about a club, whose fans decided to take the club into community ownership, and give the members of that community a real say, and involvement in how the club is run.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p078qllg

and proof that the fans are consulted!

now if only Smisa could do the same, and our chairman not lie about being up for it.

IMG_1807.JPG