If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you'll find the club chairman has already doubled down on his lie.

I think you’ll find he hasn’t lied nor has he given any indication that the deal won’t change if our ticket sales reflect a need for it.

His April update was clear that it would be reviewed if our home crowds go up. 

We all know you hate SMISA & GLS so take any opportunity to have a swipe at them, even to the extent you make up a claim GLS is lying. 

I think you’ll find he hasn’t lied nor has he given any indication that the deal won’t change if our ticket sales reflect a need for it.
We all know you hate SMISA & GLS so take any opportunity to have a swipe at them, even to the extent you make up a claim GLS is lying. 

Best to ignore him. He talks about roasters yet it’s he who should be sponsored by Aunt Bessie .🥔

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

JUST YOU WAIT and when we discover that GLS has bankrupted us (as LPM has asserted) and when he goes back on his word and does not let Saints fan's have seats because GLS wants more OF bums on seats - LPM will be proved right..

They say that there is always a 1st time for everything - but I am not sure the everything applies in this case . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

So the clubs business plans relies on the hope of NOT selling all the season tickets for the Main and West stand ,otherwise they cannot reseat the South stand season ticket holders.

That's ridiculous right?

Edited by waldorf34
Spelling

14 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

So the clubs business plans relies on the hope of NOT selling all the season tickets for the Main and West stand ,otherwise they cannot reseat the South stand season ticket holders.

That's ridiculous right?

Oh dear club & smisa been found out again shutting down this debate, and getting posts deleted on the SMFC fans page on facebook.

seems the chairman doesn't like being reminded he promised he would consult smisa members first before considering giving the bigots two stands and kicking kids and families out. And smisa dont want it flagged up they did nothing to make the chairman stick to his word.

14 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

That's ridiculous right?

There is nothing in the statement that suggests this. His update in April was very clear that if ticket sales reflected it, it would be reassessed. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh dear club & smisa been found out again shutting down this debate, and getting posts deleted on the SMFC fans page on facebook.

seems the chairman doesn't like being reminded he promised he would consult smisa members first before considering giving the bigots two stands and kicking kids and families out. And smisa dont want it flagged up they did nothing to make the chairman stick to his word.

A misguided comment from an interview years ago and you still can’t let it go. Imagine everyone pulled you up on your incorrect comments on here, there would be no room for anything else. 

Whether you like it or not, it’s still GLS call. Don’t worry though BTB is way ahead of schedule and won’t be stopped. won’t be long until the deal completes and we get the club, then you can moan some more at their choices. :clapping

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

It was not a misguided comment. GLS used the issue about the Family Stand and the OF as part of his BtB campaign implying that a vote/debate would take place before any decision was made. As prior to taking over the old board had moved Family Stand ST holders to accommodate Sevco without consultation.

Yep and he was wrong to say that as evident once he took over the club, changed that view. Sure if he could go back he would do it differently. 

Everyone makes mistakes, says more about a person not being willing to let it go. 

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

It was not a misguided comment. GLS used the issue about the Family Stand and the OF as part of his BtB campaign implying that a vote/debate would take place before any decision was made. As prior to taking over the old board had moved Family Stand ST holders to accommodate Sevco without consultation.

Absolutely correct, it was something he offered up totally unsolicited by the smisa board. Now a bit like Boris and the £350m red bus he'd much rather hear it beeping as its backed into the garage.

Its shameful really to promise children and families who are the club's lifeblood something, then pull it away. 

38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There is nothing in the statement that suggests this. His update in April was very clear that if ticket sales reflected it, it would be reassessed. 

A misguided comment from an interview years ago and you still can’t let it go. Imagine everyone pulled you up on your incorrect comments on here, there would be no room for anything else. 

Whether you like it or not, it’s still GLS call. Don’t worry though BTB is way ahead of schedule and won’t be stopped. won’t be long until the deal completes and we get the club, then you can moan some more at their choices. :clapping

How can it be reassessed, he has made the statement just as we start selling season tickets,he's made his mind up regardless of how many season tickets we sell

Just now, waldorf34 said:

How can it be reassessed, he has made the statement just as we start selling season tickets,he's made his mind up regardless of how many season tickets we sell

How can it not? Killie cancelled their arrangement with a fortnight notice. I personally think it’s wishful thinking we’ll come close to that number of season ticket holders but if we did, it could very easily be reassessed. 

Again he’s clearly said this in his April update it would be. He’s not said anything to suggest that’s now completely off the table. Fans reading deeper into a single sentence than they need to for meaning. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Absolutely correct, it was something he offered up totally unsolicited by the smisa board. Now a bit like Boris and the £350m red bus he'd much rather hear it beeping as its backed into the garage.

Its shameful really to promise children and families who are the club's lifeblood something, then pull it away. 

It was an interview for the Herald in 2016 ffs. Wasn’t even an official stance, statement or promise. 

‘The right thing would have been to go to fans and say we can make X amount of money, what do you think’ 

there was no set in stone promise, no official announcement. Again it says much more about you as a person being unable to let go of a misjudged, off the cuff comment from three years ago. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It was an interview for the Herald in 2016 ffs. Wasn’t even an official stance, statement or promise. 

‘The right thing would have been to go to fans and say we can make X amount of money, what do you think’ 

there was no set in stone promise, no official announcement. Again it says much more about you as a person being unable to let go of a misjudged, off the cuff comment from three years ago. 

I know you do not want to acknowledge it but it was a commitment and statement he repeated three times at BtB meetings to the people he wanted to be smisa members. There were hundreds there who witnessed it. 

He misled every smisa member, and every family or child who bought season tickets for the Family stand, and now other clubs are making his stance look even more pathetic. He needs to man up, and stick by his commitments or be honest that you cant really believe any promise he makes.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know you do not want to acknowledge it but it was a commitment and statement he repeated three times at BtB meetings to the people he wanted to be smisa members. There were hundreds there who witnessed it. 

He misled every smisa member, and every family or child who bought season tickets for the Family stand, and now other clubs are making his stance look even more pathetic. He needs to man up, and stick by his commitments or be honest that you cant really believe any promise he makes.

I have fully acknowledged it, doesn’t change my point. Let it go. Everyone makes mistakes and situations change. 

We know you don’t like the man or SMISA but you’ll just need to make the best of it  BTB is happening, the stand arrangement is happening (bar an increase in home numbers) and you can’t stop it. You are welcome to cry about it for another three years though if you want, it won’t change anything  

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I have fully acknowledged it, doesn’t change my point. Let it go. Everyone makes mistakes and situations change. 

We know you don’t like the man or SMISA but you’ll just need to make the best of it  BTB is happening, the stand arrangement is happening (bar an increase in home numbers) and you can’t stop it. You are welcome to cry about it for another three years though if you want, it won’t change anything  

You insisted it was some 'off the cuff comment' and you have been soundly found out for that.

it will not go away, more and more clubs are listening to their support and putting their fans, and their future first! The sheer shortsightedness displayed by Scott here is astounding.

He seems to think the small extra gate receipts from this stunt, will outweigh the full paying season ticket buyers of tomorrow who are being actively discouraged from coming to our ground. It is an act of sheer bloody minded madness.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

You insisted it was some 'off the cuff comment' and you have been soundly found out for that.

it will not go away, more and more clubs are listening to their support and putting their fans, and their future first! The sheer shortsightedness displayed by Scott here is astounding.

He seems to think the small extra gate receipts from this stunt, will outweigh the full paying season ticket buyers of tomorrow who are being actively discouraged from coming to our ground. It is an act of sheer bloody minded madness.

I haven’t though, I have admitted he shouldn’t have published it on paper. I don’t know what was said at the meetings and frankly won’t take your word for it given your bias and previous notion of lying on the subject. 

You say it won’t go away but it has a shelf life. We’ll be a fan owned club in the relatively near future and the decisioning mechanism will change. I have no doubt a few fans will continue to be upset but others fully appreciate the financial benefit & the justification because we aren’t filling these seats. You often make the mistake of assuming you speak for a majority 

also remember a few other points for the new stadium

- record season ticket sales

- record average attendance

- first sellout 

you might think it’s short sighted but the crowds are certainly bringing in more income than before. 

"Also, remember a few other points for the new stadium

- first sellout 

you might think it’s short-sighted but the crowds are certainly bringing in more income than before. "

Makes a lot of sense to me.

•  

40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I haven’t though, I have admitted he shouldn’t have published it on paper. I don’t know what was said at the meetings and frankly won’t take your word for it given your bias and previous notion of lying on the subject. 

You say it won’t go away but it has a shelf life. We’ll be a fan owned club in the relatively near future and the decisioning mechanism will change. I have no doubt a few fans will continue to be upset but others fully appreciate the financial benefit & the justification because we aren’t filling these seats. You often make the mistake of assuming you speak for a majority 

also remember a few other points for the new stadium

- first sellout 

you might think it’s short sighted but the crowds are certainly bringing in more income than before. 

Yes and all achieved via games NOT concerning the racist, sectarian, bigot supports!

i couldnt have made the point of how stupid the decision is any better than you!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Yes and all achieved via games NOT concerning the racist, sectarian, bigot supports!

i couldnt have made the point of how stupid the decision is any better than you!

I doubt any st Mirren fan likes the decision but many tolerate it because of the increased income. 

You say stupid but an arrangement to put more bums on would be empty seats, that has resulted in a 10% increase in our player budget, likely being a factor in keeping us a top flight club can easily be justified.

I know it pains you but I’m afraid it’s true. 

Again don’t worry though, fan buyout is a resounding success and will happen. Well done SMISA and GLS. 

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Are you for real emoji23.png

You talk about honesty after what you done.

So folk know, this person said he backed a SMISA members proposal at the recent AGM yet the actual voting showed he hadn't.

Are you still in denial?

I feel sorry for you, I honestly do!

we are debating the fact our chairman has gone back on a promise he made repeatedly to consult the 30% shareholders, and group who are committed to buying his shares. And all you are interested in is trolling me!

ffs man get a hold of yourself, think how others see you obsessing on one st mirren fan.