If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So "f**k The Old Firm" unless we can get some money from it, at which point we drop our ethics, our morals, our Family values and our decency to rake in a few coins eh?

You should change your user name to "Take It Up The Arse For The OF Pound" or something shorter maybe.

FTOF never mentioned the OF in his post, more of a dig at some supporter believing they know how to financially run a football club is how I took it. 

So "f**k The Old Firm" unless we can get some money from it.

Yep, that’s about the gist of the argument and anyone on here who runs their own business and says they’d do differently is either lying or will likely be back in the land of PAYE before long.

2 hours ago, pod said:

FTOF never mentioned the OF in his post, more of a dig at some supporter believing they know how to financially run a football club is how I took it. 

Correct.

Oaky seems to have an innate ability to misinterpret the words of other posters on here.:lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's in the above mentioned club. 

Very similar to your version really. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He's in the above mentioned club. 

Very similar to your version really. 

Personally I'd call it the "Screw the old scum fans for every penny we can get" club.

Just as well we're allowed to have different opinions on here.:)

4 hours ago, DLBud said:

Yep, that’s about the gist of the argument and anyone on here who runs their own business and says they’d do differently is either lying or will likely be back in the land of PAYE before long.

What are you talking about?

The world is full of successful companies which don't put profits first to the exclusion of everything else.

The world is also full of companies who went bust prioritising profit ahead of everything else.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

The decision had already been taken to keep W7 for home fans, so it is quite acceptable to compare takings for 1 stand vs 2. 

Not when you are trying to justify the financial benefits of making that decision.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Of course it is. The bigots never had W7 for this season, so you can't count it. They, like everyone else, had the away stand. They were then allocated the family stand too. It's a difference of one total stand, no need to subtract W7 from it. It was two separate decisions. IF they had been allocated W7 and then the decision was taken to instead allocate them the family stand instead, then you would subtract W7 - but that's not what happened.

OK let me try another way.

When was the decision made to house OF fans in the Family stand?

Where were they housed in the OF match before that decision? In 1 stand or in both away stands and W7?

I think you'll find both decisions were made at the same time because the W7 decision was BECAUSE of the OF. The two decisions can't be separated.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, pod said:

What's that got to do with anything? This is a discussion about a company which is prioritising profit at all cost over the wishes of its customer base.

This has absolutely nothing to do with that business being a football club.

Anyone who has ever run a company is qualified to have an opinion on this decision by the board and there are plenty of us who have done or are doing just that.

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

Correct.

Oaky seems to have an innate ability to misinterpret the words of other posters on here.:lol:

You have a username which translate as f**k The Old Firm.

But you are quite happy to see our own fans screwed over to get a few coins in by allowing their fans to dominate our stadium by taking the stands behind both goals.

Which bit of that am I misinterpreting?

I think you are the sort of person who says one thing but acts differently when push comes to shove.

So, my suggestion was that you change your name to something more appropriate because FTOF sounds like keyboard warrior bullshit.

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

33 pages based on our resident "experts" pretending they know the finances involved in running a football team.:lol:

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

Personally I'd call it the "Screw the old scum fans for every penny we can get" club.

Just as well we're allowed to have different opinions on here.:)

Indeed, or there wouldn't have been 33 pages.................................fecking irony right enough. 🤣

You have a username which translate as f**k The Old Firm.

But you are quite happy to see our own fans screwed over to get a few coins in by allowing their fans to dominate our stadium by taking the stands behind both goals.

Which bit of that am I misinterpreting?

I think you are the sort of person who says one thing but acts differently when push comes to shove.

So, my suggestion was that you change your name to something more appropriate because FTOF sounds like keyboard warrior bullshit.

The state of this.[emoji38] . [emoji1]

Where were they housed in the OF match before that decision? In 1 stand or in both away stands and W7?
I think you'll find both decisions were made at the same time because the W7 decision was BECAUSE of the OF. The two decisions can't be separated.
100% this... Although there was a gap in the announcement, it was part of the same decision, released publicly to minimise criticism and keep the W7 boys sweet.

The whole point of the W7 split in the first place, ill thought out as it was, was to house the OF.

Well done to the W7 folks for winning that battle.

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The problem is that it depends on what Gordon is prepared to pretend constitutes an "increase".

He has spun the incoming number up (by assuming £27 per head) and the outgoing number down (by ignoring how many were in W7 and comparing 1 stand against 2) to make it look better. Add in a whole other host of accounting sleight of hand (such as lost costs in Family Stand season tickets and the costs of policing etc) and he could easily present "evidence" to back up his false position. The ridiculous figure of £133k given above is an example of how you can abuse statistics to get whatever number you want.

If you think you can extract more information than that from the accounts then I think you might be disappointed. I genuinely hope you are right though.

We'll just need to wait and see.

We know how upset it makes you that people can have a different opinion to you. Pretty much to the extent you have a desperation that it will come out GLS is a liar. 

The cold hard truth that you’ll just have to swallow is a comparison for what we do for 9 teams against what we do for 2 is perfectly reasonable. Especially considering the current board weren’t in place for the previous arrangement. 

Like other St Moan fans that think backing up the club is a bad thing you’ll just have to accept it I’m afraid. 

Also where’s your proof he is comparing it based on everyone paying £27, fudging other figure & not on actual numbers? 

I do see you’re getting your excuses in early regarding the accounts though so you don’t have to admit your wrong about GLS being a liar. You’ll be far from the only one. :rolleyes:

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

100% this... Although there was a gap in the announcement, it was part of the same decision, released publicly to minimise criticism and keep the W7 boys sweet.

The whole point of the W7 split in the first place, ill thought out as it was, was to house the OF.

Correct, it was.

And I recall Fitzy making the announcement that it would bring in a 6-figure sum to try and placate the Family Stand fans at the time. To all intents and purposes they were decisions made as one at the same time.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

They can though, I’ve done it, other posters have done it, looks like our chairman has done it. As said previously, it really is a shame for you that people are allowed different opinions. You’re obviously taking it hard. :(

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Another one needing the tissues out. :lol:

Why are we even allowing sectarian thug morons into our Stadium  ?

Every person who has been banned from our stadium since it opened should be allowed back in if we accept any cnut for their money.

How can the Club ban somebody for life for using vile language but allow around 9000 sectarian cnuts to pollute our stadium every Season ?

We don't need the scum.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Why are we even allowing sectarian thug morons into our Stadium  ?

Every person who has been banned from our stadium since it opened should be allowed back in if we accept any cnut for their money.

How can the Club ban somebody for life for using vile language but allow around 9000 sectarian cnuts to pollute our stadium every Season ?

We don't need the scum.

Not all Rangers and Celtic fans are bigots, that’s a pathetic claim. There are of course some of them, limiting their seats won’t stop them getting into the ground, either in the away end or the home, something that’s happened before. 

We have this arrangement in place for the financial benefit, the same benefit that possibly played a part in us still being a top flight club. 

They are all bigots.

If  not, then why do the so called majority of non bigots shut up the so called minority of bigots ?

Seems me to that most in both away stands are belting out the shite songs.

If we had a minority in our support singing sectarian songs, the rest of us would have it stopped immediately.

THE SO CALLED GOOD GUYS IN THE SEVCO AND CELTIC SUPPORT CONDONE SECTARIANISM AND BIGOTRY BY DOING NOTHING AND ARE DELIGHTED TO REVEL IN THE GLORY THE MONEY BRINGS THEM.

Why are you appeasing sectarian cnuts, Bazzy ?

4 minutes ago, shull said:

They are all bigots.

If  not, then why do the so called majority of non bigots shut up the so called minority of bigots ?

Seems me to that most in both away stands are belting out the shite songs.

If we had a minority in our support singing sectarian songs, the rest of us would have it stopped immediately.

THE SO CALLED GOOD GUYS IN THE SEVCO AND CELTIC SUPPORT CONDONE SECTARIANISM AND BIGOTRY BY DOING NOTHING AND ARE DELIGHTED TO REVEL IN THE GLORY THE MONEY BRINGS THEM.

Why are you appeasing sectarian cnuts, Bazzy ?

They are not all bigots. You might have idealistic expectations where families & other supporters put on their superhero pants & challenge the small minority of idiots you get in most fan groups.

Yes they have a larger number of idiots than most but it doesn’t mean it’s right to tar them all with the same brush. 

I’m appeasing no one. 

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

They are not all bigots. You might have idealistic expectations where families & other supporters put on their superhero pants & challenge the small minority of idiots you get in most fan groups.

Yes they have a larger number of idiots than most but it doesn’t mean it’s right to tar them all with the same brush. 

I’m appeasing no one. 

You just did appease them. 

What decent human being would support any of these Clubs ? 

Sectarian hate in stereo coming from Stands in Greenhill Road. 

Plus, don't need superheroes to get rid of a minority of bigots in our support. They would be booed, drowned out, pointed out and then hopefully banned from our Club. 

Who would continue to support St Mirren if we were renowned for the majority of our fans singing and behaving in a sectarian and bigoted manner ? 

28 minutes ago, shull said:

You just did appease them. 

What decent human being would support any of these Clubs ? 

Sectarian hate in stereo coming from Stands in Greenhill Road. 

Plus, don't need superheroes to get rid of a minority of bigots in our support. They would be booed, drowned out, pointed out and then hopefully banned from our Club. 

Who would continue to support St Mirren if we were renowned for the majority of our fans singing and behaving in a sectarian and bigoted manner ? 

I didn’t appease them in the slightest, do you make such sweeping statements with all groups? Is it your view that all Muslims are terrorists, all homosexuals are camp and all Celtic boys club coaches are pedophiles? 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I didn’t appease them in the slightest, do you make such sweeping statements with all groups? Is it your view that all Muslims are terrorists, all homosexuals are camp and all Celtic boys club coaches are pedophiles? 

What a post. 

Funniest since the Forum was formed. 

Why don't you become Club Ambassador and show these Celtic and Sevco fans to their seats. Mind and remind them to stay seated. 

If there are very decent Sevco and Celtic fans, what exactly  do they do to solve the sectarian problem ? 

Sevco fans say, no us, it's them. 

Celtic fans say, no us, it's them. 

I repeat, any other Club would sort out a sectarian problem within their own support. 

Celtic and Sevco thrive on it, making millions of pounds.