If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

21 minutes ago, shull said:

No ifs about it. 

Just do it. 

Problem solved. 

Sectarian cnuts gone and you crying. 

Whilst R & C are the worst offenders of Sectarianism, they aren't the only guilty ones. Just need to look at Edinburgh, Ayrshire and sections of the Lanarkshire teams, there are elements of sectarianism.... Whilst not as rife, it exists there too. Do we stop them attending? Genuine question.

Sectarianism is not the only issue blighting our game.

There have been other clubs who have been involved in Shady behavior, such as Ayr (smoke bombs) at our ground, Morton tearing up seats.

Airdrie have had issues with Racism in the past.

The list of issues could go on.

My question is, how/where do we draw a line in this? How do we decide which is worst, who can attend and can't? Are we in risk of sectarianism ourselves by banning certain fans and not others based on the 'perceived' beliefs (we can't factually prove any clubs fans hold any particular belief as a whole)?

Ps I would LOVE to eradicate the issue, it f**ks me off no end. However, life and these type of issues aren't as (excuse the pun) 'black and white' as that. 

Edited by spankin_panda

8 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Whilst R & C are the worst offenders of Sectarianism, they aren't the only guilty ones. Just need to look at Edinburgh, Ayrshire and sections of the Lanarkshire teams, there are elements of sectarianism.... Whilst not as rife, it exists there too. Do we stop them attending? Genuine question.

There have been other clubs who have been involved in Shady behavior, such as Ayr (smoke bombs) at our ground, Morton tearing up seats.

My question is, how/where do we draw a line in this? How do we decide which is worst, who can attend and can't? Are we in risk of sectarianism ourselves by banning certain fans and not others based on the 'perceived' beliefs (we can't factually prove any clubs fans hold any particular belief as a whole)?

Ps I would LOVE to eradicate the issue, it f**ks me off no end. However, life and these type of issues aren't as (excuse the pun) 'black and white' as that. 

Its not saints fans, or the saints board job to eradicate racist, sectarian, bigoted behaviour. But it is as Smisa are 30% shareholders, and the board's responsibility to ensure St Mirren fans of all ages can safely attend all home games, and not be in fear of violence, intimidation, sectarian singing, or fearful of being struck with explosives.

you put your own house in order, and look after your own. Then shine the light on others!

7 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Indeed, the focus on sectarianism removes plenty of other clubs from what is unacceptable behaviour.

The fact the OF have more support only makes them the worst offenders.

As you say, no easy answers....................near impossible in reality. 

13 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Only Celtic and Sevco must be booted out. 

We have never had regular problems from any other support in Scotland. 

The 40 Diddy Clubs would quickly sort out their own fans if they disgraced them. 

Celtic and Sevco thrive and condone their scum fans. 

Genuine answer. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, the focus on sectarianism removes plenty of other clubs from what is unacceptable behaviour.

The fact the OF have more support only makes them the worst offenders.

As you say, no easy answers....................near impossible in reality. 

I agree. In this day an age, any form of discrimination, bigotry etc is beggars belief. 

There isn't an easy answer to eradicate, as  @Lord Pityme said in the prior page, I agree we should ensure we do our best to safeguard our own. 

That makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its not saints fans, or the saints board job to eradicate racist, sectarian, bigoted behaviour. But it is as Smisa are 30% shareholders, and the board's responsibility to ensure St Mirren fans of all ages can safely attend all home games, and not be in fear of violence, intimidation, sectarian singing, or fearful of being struck with explosives.

you put your own house in order, and look after your own. Then shine the light on others!

Ffs talk about a one sided approach. When do you think our fans are safest, leaving these home games or walking to/from the Glasgow grounds with up to 60,000 of their fans?

The club & SMISA do as required to keep fans safe at these games with steward and police presence. They meet their requirements. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Only Celtic and Sevco must be booted out. 

We have never had regular problems from any other support in Scotland. 

The 40 Diddy Clubs would quickly sort out their own fans if they disgraced them. 

Celtic and Sevco thrive and condone their scum fans. 

Genuine answer. 

The point I have highlighted in your posts is something I actually agree with. They don't do enough to eradicate the issue as I think they fear the backlash from their fans if they did. I agree with you here. 

Genuine agreement...... lol

1 minute ago, spankin_panda said:

The point I have highlighted in your posts is something I actually agree with. They don't do enough to eradicate the issue as I think they fear the backlash from their fans if they did. I agree with you here. 

Genuine agreement...... lol

Genuinely delighted you agree. 

You're the first today. 

Bazzy is a bit more tricky to get on my side. 

Our Board do nothing regarding the Terrorist Songs being sung in our supposed family friendly Stadium. 

They take the money and ignore the shite. 

Give them no tickets or at the very most a couple of hundred seats in N5. 

If they continue their scum behaviour then ban them forever. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Our Board do nothing regarding the Terrorist Songs being sung in our supposed family friendly Stadium. 

But you dare hang a banner up and they'll be on you like a ton of pricks!

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Just ban you forever problem sorted

If this joke of a decision is such a money spinner then why are we the only club in the premiership who kicks families out of their safe stand to accommodate bigotry?

why dont the old bigots kick the families out of their family stands to make way for more full paying adults? Surely they'd see the sense and close their version of the Panda club too so they could flog a couple more full price seats, especially when playing each other?

ffs how can you as a supposed family & community club defend closing your safe family stand and kids club, and then justifying it by saying 'well less people go to these games'. It is a shambolic affront to families and young would be saints fans, and the silence from Smisa and the supposed board rep is deafening. What a shower!

41 minutes ago, shull said:

Genuinely delighted you agree. 

You're the first today. 

Bazzy is a bit more tricky to get on my side. 

I am fully on the side of not having these clubs in our game, if it was up to me they’d be leaving today. 

I’m talking about the reality of the situation in that it isn’t going to happen 

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If this joke of a decision is such a money spinner then why are we the only club in the premiership who kicks families out of their safe stand to accommodate bigotry?

why dont the old bigots kick the families out of their family stands to make way for more full paying adults? Surely they'd see the sense and close their version of the Panda club too so they could flog a couple more full price seats, especially when playing each other?

ffs how can you as a supposed family & community club defend closing your safe family stand and kids club, and then justifying it by saying 'well less people go to these games'. It is a shambolic affront to families and young would be saints fans, and the silence from Smisa and the supposed board rep is deafening. What a shower!

The constraints of our stadium. Others don’t have such a problem because of bigger stands. 

A mistake you’ve made countless times is thinking you speak for a majority on issues. There are fans that don’t like it but appreciate the financial aspects. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Your stance on the matter is getting a bit repetitive on the forum and appears to be getting no where, along with one or two others. Maybe a new approach is needed.

How about a large scale demonstration outside the main stand at the first OF game. :whistle    

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The constraints of our stadium. Others don’t have such a problem because of bigger stands. 

A mistake you’ve made countless times is thinking you speak for a majority on issues. There are fans that don’t like it but appreciate the financial aspects. 

Corrected me if I wrong, but didn't Kilmarnock give two stands to the new club. 

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The Fakes do it as well 

29 minutes ago, pod said:

Your stance on the matter is getting a bit repetitive on the forum and appears to be getting no where, along with one or two others. Maybe a new approach is needed.

How about a large scale demonstration outside the main stand at the first OF game. :whistle    

I think the OF have already been allocated the demonstration rights there.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah and look at their piss poor home support. You reap what you sow! (Which in your case is little of anything worthwhile)

So by your highly intelligent logic, the Fakes should not take OF income because it stops their home support from growing . . .

They struggle to get a decent home support every week, not just at OF games and despite being a regular top 6 team...

Maybe they struggle to get more home support for various reasons, but I doubt it is mainly because they permit the OF to give them more income  in their home games against them... for me, your wisdom does not usurp my thinking one little bit  . . .