If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Past Tense. I'm looking to the future. 

Not past tense at all. Are you really so thick that you think, on selling next season's tickets, St Mirren will suddenly decide to charge full price for the family stand in the hope they fill it?

Sorry. Rhetorical question.

Yeah looking like the best decision ever, ever to give the bigots two stands and tell families and kids you're not welcome at SMP.

I wonder if it will just be explosives that get thrown at our keeper a week Sunday? Still our board will get to toast the Queen in the boardroom again when they are back at their big teams ground.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah looking like the best decision ever, ever to give the bigots two stands and tell families and kids you're not welcome at SMP.

I wonder if it will just be explosives that get thrown at our keeper a week Sunday? Still our board will get to toast the Queen in the boardroom again when they are back at their big teams ground.

Totally agree, give them one stand.  But I for one would never take my boy to an old firm game at home because of their behavior and I'm sure plenty others do.  

7 minutes ago, pod said:

Totally agree, give them one stand.  But I for one would never take my boy to an old firm game at home because of their behavior and I'm sure plenty others do.  

I took my boys to watch St Mirren. Reasons - They were local, they had an exciting young manager and played attractive football.

That was around 1975.

My sons and now my grandson go still - we have an exciting young manager and the last few seasons have been memorable to say the least.

I wouldn't allow myself to react to the sets of fans you mention by not going along to watch my team playing at home.

Just my view.

Guest TPAFKATS
If ever we needed proof that's it's not worth the money giving them 2 stands just look to yesterday when RA PEEPUL trashed the disabled area because they scraped past Killie....
They also forced entry into the ground through an exit gate.
Guy filming it has the cheek to shout about Hillsborough.
f**king scum

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I took my boys to watch St Mirren. Reasons - They were local, they had an exciting young manager and played attractive football.

That was around 1975.

My sons and now my grandson go still - we have an exciting young manager and the last few seasons have been memorable to say the least.

I wouldn't allow myself to react to the sets of fans you mention by not going along to watch my team playing at home.

Just my view.

Young minds are easily influenced.  He's old enough now to make his own mind up. Still doesn't attend, as also myself.  

Edited by pod

5 minutes ago, pod said:

Young minds are easily influenced.  He's old enough now to make his own mind up. Still doesn't attend, as also myself.  

Pod... I naturally respect the decisions the two of you have made.

We tended to look at it differently - they were definitely an example of how not to behave.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I must have missed the club statement telling families and kids you're not welcome at SMP.

Or is this yet another fabrication?

It's not about the club not welcoming families it's about allowing the bigots both ends behind the goals despite their behaviour.  I think those saying they stay away is because it's became even more poisonous an atmosphere at home games when they're in town. Doesn't stop me going but i can understand why a lot of people with families choose to miss the game, perhaps not discouraging future fans in the process  but definitely not encouraging.

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

They also forced entry into the ground through an exit gate.
Guy filming it has the cheek to shout about Hillsborough.
f**king scum

It just goes on and on.... at least Killie have made a stand against it by limiting them to one stand unlike us...

Re the upcoming "Alleged" Home Game versus Sevco

Panda Club - Cancelled

Pre Match Entertainment- Cancelled

Family Stand - Closed and given to violent horde, families and children not welcome

Segregation - joke

Ticket Price - near 20% hike..!

and the board seriously ask why Saints fans choose not to attend these fixtures..?

thank goodness for Chris Sutton and BT sport!

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re the upcoming "Alleged" Home Game versus Sevco

Panda Club - Cancelled

Pre Match Entertainment- Cancelled

Family Stand - Closed and given to violent horde, families and children not welcome

Segregation - joke

Ticket Price - near 20% hike..!

and the board seriously ask why Saints fans choose not to attend these fixtures..?

thank goodness for Chris Sutton and BT sport!

Broken record yet again. 

Where do the board ask why fans choose not to attend these fixtures and how do you explain more home fans at a celtic fixture last season than a Killie one within the space of a fortnight? More lies and spin for a point that's been labored for far too long now. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Broken record yet again. 

Where do the board ask why fans choose not to attend these fixtures and how do you explain more home fans at a celtic fixture last season than a Killie one within the space of a fortnight? More lies and spin for a point that's been labored for far too long now. 

Oh my. :lol:

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Broken record yet again. 

Please go on your secatarian clubs fan website and defend the indefensible.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Please go on your secatarian clubs fan website and defend the indefensible.

Until we can fill the seats with St Mirren fans there's justification in the arrangement. Topic done to death and just because someone understands the financial benefit doesn't mean they are fans of these clubs. 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Broken record yet again. 

Simple solution. The answer is in our own hands. Turn up in sufficient numbers over the season and buy out the family stand through season ticket sales. 

8 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

When was the Panda Club and Pre Match Entertainment cancelled?

You do know that there needs to be something organised first before it can be cancelled.

Ticket price, exactly the same as last Novembers game against Rangers.

And you wonder why folk say they don't trust what you say or write.

Thats a laundry list of shit appeasement right there, even by your standards.

is the Panda club and pre-match entertainment (not the marching flute band) happening..? NO.

is it £5 more for an adult home ticket than the Aberdeen game, Yes...

some peole,just cant handle the truth, we are run by the old bigots! What they want, they get. Even re-badging the stadium.

..... My shifts at work determine which games I can attend these days. ...... I'm free to go to the next home game but I definitely won't be in attendance though, and nor will my young daughter. .......... Two home fans who would normally attend but won't. ....... That's just for starters, I'm sure there will be many more like us. ...

35 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Simple solution. The answer is in our own hands. Turn up in sufficient numbers over the season and buy out the family stand through season ticket sales. 

If only it was that simple.   The more successful, the more the possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  We have fans who work Saturdays, who have moved further afield and can't afford the expense, unlike you.   A couple of possibly a dozen reasons why people can't attend.  

Edited by pod