If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

25 minutes ago, pod said:

If only it was that simple.   The more successful, the more the possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  We have fans who work Saturdays, who have moved further afield and can't afford the expense, unlike you.   A couple of possibly a dozen reasons why people can't attend. 

...... Agreed. We are never going to have 6000+ season ticket holders. I can't think of a club of a similar stature who has. ...... I also can't think of a club of a similar stature who sells their home end to the OF when they come to town. ....

22 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You seem a tad upset getting presented with actual facts.

So please tell us all, when did the planned Panda Club for this game get cancelled and what pre match entertainment was planned?

It's all there for everyone to see, you wrote it had been cancelled so come on, please share with us the information you have.

So when you're presented with figures comparing like for like, you then say you weren't talking about like for like games. So is it just league games where prices go up you want to rant about or would we see a rant if say we were playing a cup game and the prices were reduced?

We wouldn't want you getting accused of hypocrisy now would we. (That's not a question, its sarcasm)

Now I'm being stupid, asking him questions. He's got me on ignore. emoji23.png

You think anyone buys that crock of shit!

the hard facts are both the panda club and pre-match entertainment are CANCELLED for this match. I.e. Because the board have given the children and their families seats away to sectarianism neither event is happening. Or maybe tou think they are happening?

in addition to that, segregation is cancelled, as is reasonable security measures of keeping opposition fans off the park.

and it will be beamed around the world live on TV with viewers wondering exactly which team is the home team.

it is a scourge on our club, and the resentment is growing against it. Except you and Bazil seem all for it, now theres an exclusive members club lol.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You think anyone buys that crock of shit!

the hard facts are both the panda club and pre-match entertainment are CANCELLED for this match. I.e. Because the board have given the children and their families seats away to sectarianism neither event is happening. Or maybe tou think they are happening?

in addition to that, segregation is cancelled, as is reasonable security measures of keeping opposition fans off the park.

and it will be beamed around the world live on TV with viewers wondering exactly which team is the home team.

it is a scourge on our club, and the resentment is growing against it. Except you and Bazil seem all for it, now theres an exclusive members club lol.

Evidence that the majority of SMFC fans don't support this arrangement please? Also please note there's a difference between supporting & liking. Would much prefer we had extra SMFC fans taking these seats but we don't.

We as a club need to look at all possible income streams & solutions to empty seats is no different. 

45 minutes ago, pod said:

If only it was that simple.   The more successful, the more the possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  We have fans who work Saturdays, who have moved further afield and can't afford the expense, unlike you.   A couple of possibly a dozen reasons why people can't attend.  

I understand the point you make about affordability and Saturday working as well as distance. For me, add family responsibilities as I have been a carer for 40 years. 

None of the 5 of us live within 40 miles of the stadium, one in Leeds. Two of us are retired. One works on Saturday's. He is a student.

At the end of the day we each prioritise our use of time and money in our own way which is what it should be. 

Over the last 3 years more people, year on year, have prioritised coming to watch our team. The question is... Will more people still continue to prioritise coming along? 

I don't know but a decent league position and a cup run might just see that happen. 

Of course, a number of us could simply choose to be located in the famy stand. 

Edited by St.Ricky

A adult taking his 2 kids last Saturday to the main or west stand would have paid £34.  (£28 in the family stand)

A adult taking his 2 kids this Sunday to the main or west stand will pay £61 and it is on the telly.

No encouragement for any fan if not a season ticket holder. 

Family club my arse    :moony2

Just now, Tommy said:

A adult taking his 2 kids last Saturday to the main or west stand would have paid £34.  (£28 in the family stand)

A adult taking his 2 kids this Sunday to the main or west stand will pay £61 and it is on the telly.

Decent point Tommy

The club website clearly states the Panda Club is not on when we play Rangers or Celtic.

By definition, it's not cancelled as it wasn't intended to be on.

Website does state, it's on 2 hours before every home game with the exception of Rangers & Celtic.

Therefore, I can see why folk think Panda Club is cancelled.

Question I have is, why is it not run when Rangers or Celtic visit?

...... Agreed. We are never going to have 6000+ season ticket holders. I can't think of a club of a similar stature who has. ...... I also can't think of a club of a similar stature who sells their home end to the OF when they come to town. ....

But these clubs have plenty empty seats when the old scum visit. I don’t like what either of these 2 clubs stand for but would rather see the stands full TBH. The family stand would practically be empty if it wasn’t given to them.

Broken record yet again. 
Where do the board ask why fans choose not to attend these fixtures and how do you explain more home fans at a celtic fixture last season than a Killie one within the space of a fortnight? More lies and spin for a point that's been labored for far too long now. 
Broken record yet again. As always.

He makes very good points.

You can't handle the truth!

Can I get you a nice big pint of STFU?

..... My shifts at work determine which games I can attend these days. ...... I'm free to go to the next home game but I definitely won't be in attendance though, and nor will my young daughter. .......... Two home fans who would normally attend but won't. ....... That's just for starters, I'm sure there will be many more like us. ...
Yup.
I'd go for sure if my season ticket was valid.

Evidence that the majority of SMFC fans don't support this arrangement please? Also please note there's a difference between supporting & liking. Would much prefer we had extra SMFC fans taking these seats but we don't.
We as a club need to look at all possible income streams & solutions to empty seats is no different. 
Exactly... So WHY are you not even prepared to look at the reasons for empty seats?

Oh... Might involve removing tongue or even head!

Baz thinks this is fair as long as the club says so.

Who the hell are you to question it.

Baz... For one moment just look at those figures!

Do you think that is fair?

Do you think that is encouraging home supporters to attend?

Yes or no! Do you?

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Can you name a single incentive which the club is actively and demonstrably pushing to get our Family Stand back against the OF teams?

A single target like that given to the West Stand fans a few years back?

13 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Broken record yet again. As always.

He makes very good points.

You can't handle the truth!

Can I get you a nice big pint of STFU?

He rarely makes good points, he lies, he spins, he regurgitates. All of which is evident on his posts over the last few hours. 

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Exactly... So WHY are you not even prepared to look at the reasons for empty seats?

Oh... Might involve removing tongue or even head!

The reasons for empty seats have been ongoing, pre this board & are complex. This current BOD have overseen a time at the club where home fan numbers have increased but there is no overnight quick fix. 

Every st Mirren fan would rather these seats were taken up by SMFC fans but we aren’t there yet & not likely to be in the immediate future. 

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Can you name a single incentive which the club is actively and demonstrably pushing to get our Family Stand back against the OF teams?

A single target like that given to the West Stand fans a few years back?

No targets but I think they’d be counterproductive because we wouldn’t likely get anywhere near a required one this summer  

As for increasing crowds, we’ve had two seasons of season ticket sales higher than any other time at this stadium. 

The 1877 club encouraging more fans earlier & later 

Panda club 

pre match entertainment 

deals on family tickets 

Increased coverage & content on the buddievision service. 

The increased work W7 have done as a way fans have gotten involved, linked to keeping the West for SMFC fans every home game. 

Or do you have a negative response for all of them? 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No targets but I think they’d be counterproductive because we wouldn’t likely get anywhere near a required one this summer  

As for increasing crowds, we’ve had two seasons of season ticket sales higher than any other time at this stadium. 

The 1877 club encouraging more fans earlier & later 

Panda club 

pre match entertainment 

deals on family tickets 

Increased coverage & content on the buddievision service. 

The increased work W7 have done as a way fans have gotten involved, linked to keeping the West for SMFC fans every home game. 

Or do you have a negative response for all of them? 

Oh the sweet irony.... the very things the club have ditched to accomodate sectarianism, on the very decision the chairman promised repeatedly he wouldn't implement without consulting smisa members and the support.

I hope Chris Sutton highlights the sheer shortsightedness of it on BT sport. Shame on the board for shutting out the club's future!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Oh the sweet irony.... the very things the club have ditched to accomodate sectarianism, on the very decision the chairman promised repeatedly he wouldn't implement without consulting smisa members and the support.

I hope Chris Sutton highlights the sheer shortsightedness of it on BT sport. Shame on the board for shutting out the club's future!

One interview for a paper from what I can tell and you not being able to let go of that over three years on & 1,000s of posts says more about you than it does him. It was a mistake to make those comments, let it go. 

He can highlight all he want, as can you. You’re powerless to change this 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

One interview for a paper from what I can tell and you not being able to let go of that over three years on & 1,000s of posts says more about you than it does him. It was a mistake to make those comments, let it go. 

He can highlight all he want, as can you. You’re powerless to change this 

Three buy the buds public meetings where the chairman promised those signing up he would consult, but then again he promised smisa's funds were ringfenced too....

I'm sorry you're so thick that you don't know basic English even when it's provided to you.

It was you by default that claimed the "Vlub" was on when you wrote it had been cancelled.

Other folk have tried to explain it to you as well but as usual you would rather make yourself look more foolish rather than just admit a faux pas on your part.

i.e. in the same sentence as the Vlub you wrote the family stand is on, on what. What you've been drinking or taking? [emoji1787]
Cockles...
It may not have been "cancelled" but it is not on when it is usually on.
Why the symantics?
What are you trying to achieve?
It it a good thing the family activities are not scheduled to take place?

You are normally a very reasonable poster so I'm puzzled by your dogged approach here.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Three buy the buds public meetings where the chairman promised those signing up he would consult, but then again he promised smisa's funds were ringfenced too....

Well, we know your word on that doesn’t mean an awful lot given how often you don’t tell the truth... Regardless even if it was true, years ago, he made a mistake and best to let it go. 

Funds are ring fenced, it’s been well explained & very well backed by a voting majority how it’ll work. Another thing you’ll just have to accept you have zero control over. 

And we come back to the same point here, those who think it's ok to give the OF the family stand are very much in the minority. If you want more proof, go and find it yourself....  or maybe you don't want that proof because it would prove that the majority are against it. The club have done well in so many other ways but let themselves down continually while they continue with this policy of giving both stands.

22 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

And we come back to the same point here, those who think it's ok to give the OF the family stand are very much in the minority. If you want more proof, go and find it yourself....  or maybe you don't want that proof because it would prove that the majority are against it. The club have done well in so many other ways but let themselves down continually while they continue with this policy of giving both stands.

There’s absolutely no evidence it’s a minority. BAWA has never been a good gauge for this stuff because of the few loud negative ‘fans’ 

i feel if we got season ticket holders or SMISA members to vote there’s a likely chance the majority would be in favour.