If we stay up... Give us the family stand back.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

There’s absolutely no evidence it’s a minority. BAWA has never been a good gauge for this stuff because of the few loud negative ‘fans’ 

i feel if we got season ticket holders or SMISA members to vote there’s a likely chance the majority would be in favour. 

I'm not a negative fan but i listen and watch the fans around me in the west stand and they are very much against the OF being in our family stand.  What's more annoying though is despite this GS decides to go ahead and do it anyway.... those who are against it will not go away and why should they?

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There’s absolutely no evidence it’s a minority. BAWA has never been a good gauge for this stuff because of the few loud negative ‘fans’ 

i feel if we got season ticket holders or SMISA members to vote there’s a likely chance the majority would be in favour. 

And there is no evidence that the majority are in favour either. 

The majority of posts in this thread might be in favour of it but only because 90% are by you* 

* this is the only stat that I’ve made up on this thread 😁

4 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:
11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm not a negative fan but i listen and watch the fans around me in the west stand and they are very much against the OF being in our family stand.  What's more annoying though is despite this GS decides to go ahead and do it anyway.... those who are against it will not go away and why should they?

Yes absolutely, they are entitled to protest and to voice their opinions, the thing is though as the majority shareholder (owner) he is equally entitled to do what he thinks is best for HIS club.

Just now, jaybee said:

Yes absolutely, they are entitled to protest and to voice their opinions, the thing is though as the majority shareholder (owner) he is equally entitled to do what he thinks is best for HIS club.

And that policy is a very dangerous path to go down if you want your business/ club to thrive. Piss off enough customers/fans and they won't go.  And remember.... it's not for ridiculous reasons either it's because they can't stomach the fact that the bigot brothers are getting our home end.

14 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Not saying they should but it’s been made clear it won’t change so why do we need to keep getting these same posts over & over before the bigot games. Have we not got enough positives right now to occupy ourselves with? 

The thing people need to be aware of in this debate is no one ‘likes it’ there’s a big difference between liking it and seeing the benefit the finances presents & I think that’s why it would win a vote. Just an opinion 

9 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

And there is no evidence that the majority are in favour either. 

The majority of posts in this thread might be in favour of it but only because 90% are by you* 

* this is the only stat that I’ve made up on this thread 😁

I never said there was, just my opinion based on the financials that were clarified further by GLS some months ago. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not saying they should but it’s been made clear it won’t change so why do we need to keep getting these same posts over & over before the bigot games. Have we not got enough positives right now to occupy ourselves with? 

The thing people need to be aware of in this debate is no one ‘likes it’ there’s a big difference between liking it and seeing the benefit the finances presents & I think that’s why it would win a vote. Just an opinion 

I never said there was, just my opinion based on the financials that were clarified further by GLS some months ago. 

I understand your position and i also want my team to prosper, same as GS but not at any cost and as i said continually pissing  off fans is not a good route to go down. Understandably this topic will be consistent until a few days after the Rangers game because it's our next game and we're going to know all about who "the PEEPUL" are yet again.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

10 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:
15 minutes ago, jaybee said:

And that policy is a very dangerous path to go down if you want your business/ club to thrive. Piss off enough customers/fans and they won't go.  And remember.... it's not for ridiculous reasons either it's because they can't stomach the fact that the bigot brothers are getting our home end.

Not disagreeing,  just pointing out some facts that some people constantly ignore , I support St Mirren it is my club yes, but actually no it is only my club because I am a buddie born and bred and I support St Mirren, however GLS owns it, a fact a lot of people conveniently forget.  I think we should get rid of our pie supplier and bring in those who make KIlmarnocks......but that is just my thoughts on how someone else runs a business.  I was speaking of facts, not policy, his club, his decisions and to be fair his decisions on what policies to follow...............yes they may be folly but they are his to choose................at the moment.

11 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I understand your position and i also want my team to prosper, same as GS but not at any cost and as i said continually pissing  off fans is not a good route to go down. Understandably this topic will be consistent until a few days after the Rangers game because it's our next game and we're going to know all about who "the PEEPUL" are yet again.

I’m not sure the evidence is we’re pissing fans off. Still sold record season tickets last season for the new stadium & high numbers have continued into this season. 

Could have been the difference between top flight & Championship football this season  

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Your whole contribution to this debate has been based on the assertion that those that don’t agree are in the minority, 

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Not disagreeing,  just pointing out some facts that some people constantly ignore , I support St Mirren it is my club yes, but actually no it is only my club because I am a buddie born and bred and I support St Mirren, however GLS owns it, a fact a lot of people conveniently forget.  I think we should get rid of our pie supplier and bring in those who make KIlmarnocks......but that is just my thoughts on how someone else runs a business.  I was speaking of facts, not policy, his club, his decisions and to be fair his decisions on what policies to follow...............yes they may be folly but they are his to choose................at the moment.

I understand that and i like Gordon Scott and on the whole he has done a great job IMO. This particular policy however is very unpopular and as he is fan and a businessman he should surely be mindful of this. It's not as if this is just a peculiarity of the St Mirren support, every team in Scotland's supporters are against it because they don't have as a high percentage of bigots in their support as the OF.

I’m not sure the evidence is we’re pissing fans off. Still sold record season tickets last season for the new stadium & high numbers have continued into this season. 

Could have been the difference between top flight & Championship football this season  

Do you sit in the west stand? The last Celtic game was full of furious supporters who are sick of their behaviour and bigoted chants. Ask they stewards who work there...

1 minute ago, DumboBud said:

Your whole contribution to this debate has been based on the assertion that those that don’t agree are in the minority, 

That’s just completely wrong.

My personal view is I think they would be in a minority if there was a vote. I don’t know it for fact, it’s just my opinion based on how SMISA votes have went when it’s came to financially beneficial St Mirren issues. Could be wrong though. 

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Do you sit in the west stand? The last Celtic game was full of furious supporters who are sick of their behaviour and bigoted chants. Ask they stewards who work there...

I sit in W1, again I don’t like the arrangement but see it as justified financially, while we aren’t filling our stadium. There is nothing anyone can put on here about this debate that will change that. 

All this has been covered dozens of times before. 

I sit in W1, again I don’t like the arrangement but see it as justified financially, while we aren’t filling our stadium. There is nothing anyone can put on here about this debate that will change that. 

All this has been covered dozens of times before. 

And as someone who supports the stance i understand your position. I however, like many others don't and therefore won't be letting it go anytime soon. Let's see how our fans react on Sunday to having bigoted chants at either end.... worth it? Never in my opinion.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:
8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I understand that and i like Gordon Scott and on the whole he has done a great job IMO. This particular policy however is very unpopular and as he is fan and a businessman he should surely be mindful of this. It's not as if this is just a peculiarity of the St Mirren support, every team in Scotland's supporters are against it because they don't have as a high percentage of bigots in their support as the OF.

Yes I actually agree with your views and those who would like the stand to be just for St Mirren families.  My response was however aimed at those who constantly consider their opinion as superior to that of a successful businessman .......who in giving over the stand to the old firm is surely only doing it for financial reasons which are ultimately to the clubs benefit (short term).  I am fairly sure he too would rather more St Mirren supporters wee in that stand, (long term) but as a businessman and the current guardian of the club he has had to (as have other St Mirren guardians) make some unpopular decisions to balance the books and to offer the manager the maximum funds he can to provide the best players we can afford for the team.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

And as someone who supports the stance i understand your position. I however, like many others don't and therefore won't be letting it go anytime soon. Let's see how our fans react on Sunday to having bigoted chants at either end.... worth it? Never in my opinion.

Yep I know they won’t, they just shouldn’t make the mistake of assuming they speak for a majority because there’s a decent chance that isn’t the case. 

Just now, jaybee said:

Yes I actually agree with your views and those who would like the stand to be just for St Mirren families.  My response was however aimed at those who constantly consider their opinion as superior to that of a successful businessman .......who in giving over the stand to the old firm is surely only doing it for financial reasons which are ultimately to the clubs benefit (short term).  I am fairly sure he too would rather more St Mirren supporters wee in that stand, (long term) but as a businessman and the current guardian of the club he has had to (as have other St Mirren guardians) make some unpopular decisions to balance the books and to offer the manager the maximum funds he can to provide the best players we can afford for the team.

Yes i do agree that GS is doing it to try and make us a better team, that's never been up for debate. I do think though that there is the beginnings of a sea of change in Scottish football and fans of clubs outside the OF want their club to take a stance...like ours should. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No targets but I think they’d be counterproductive because we wouldn’t likely get anywhere near a required one this summer  

As for increasing crowds, we’ve had two seasons of season ticket sales higher than any other time at this stadium. 

The 1877 club encouraging more fans earlier & later 

Panda club 

pre match entertainment 

deals on family tickets 

Increased coverage & content on the buddievision service. 

The increased work W7 have done as a way fans have gotten involved, linked to keeping the West for SMFC fans every home game. 

Or do you have a negative response for all of them? 

The bit in bold is the answer I was looking for.

Not one of the others is aimed anywhere near the goal of getting our Family Stand back.

LPM has already dealt with the irony of you listing some of these.

Edited by oaksoft

On 4/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, bazil85 said:

Does the evidence show we have ‘alienated’ our supporters? We have record season ticket sales & crowd numbers.

Yeah some might be a bit unhappy (no one will particularly like it) but most care enough about the club to not want to harm it I would say. It’s three games ffs, it’s hardly a massive impact on anyone’s life.

If there’s no evidence for the claim we wouldn’t, there certainly is no evidence for the claim we would. All we can do is look at what we do know and make a common sense conclusions.

- record season ticket sales 

- highest average attendances by far at this stadium  

yep we might of sold a few more tickets but I’m not seeing much to validate that. 

I think this was when you were at your condescending best on this thread 

“some might be a bit unhappy  .... but most care enough about the club”

If I recall correctly you then went on to describe those that didn’t agree as ‘a few’ 

Edited by DumboBud

Sorry, I missed your other questions/points.

I don't know of one bud that wouldn't prefer it to be Saints fans in the three stands.

But....

As I've wrote before and it may have been in reply to yourself a lot of buds haven't, don't and won't take their kids to a game with them involved. I know I wasn't allowed at them and I wouldn't have taken my lad when he was younger.

That's where for us all the brain and the heart are put under strain, do we exploit them for money for the betterment of our club or sit with a couple of thousands empty seats. IMO the kids will understand in years to come like many of us have why their parents made that choice.

It must be a combination of feeling hurt and anger for anyone that has chosen not to go, and any reasonable bud will feel yours and others pain as well. We might disagree but at the end of the day we're buds.

PS, Well I thought we were buds, but after the supposedly prize winning pie at Albion Rovers I bought following your recommendation I'm not so sure. [emoji14]
In my defence... The time I got the pie, it was from a temporary sales point as the pie stall had burnt down! [emoji50][emoji850][emoji12]

"a successful businessman .......who in giving over the stand to the old firm is surely only doing it for financial reasons which are ultimately to the clubs benefit (short term)."

I like GLS. I respect his achievements.

Doesn't mean I can't speak out if I feel he has called it wrong.

This was a lazy decision!

I reckon he was pissed at having to support the W7 lads then realised he dare not move them.

This was simply the path of least resistance... The decision that required least input.

Doing it for financial reasons?
Absolutely!

Considered alternatives that require a bit of work?
Briefly if at all imo. [emoji26]

11 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Just hoping that LPM will tell the truth and admit when he's wrong. Especially when provided with the evidence. I know the chances are almost zero but you never know.

PS, it's not been CANCELLED, it wasn't on to be cancelled. emoji14.png

Luvin this seethe, just hope the kids dont read it and dollow Cockles to the Panda Club a week Sunday.

p.s. Just to check... is the Panda Club & Pre Match entertainment usually on every home game happening a week Sunday? Lol

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Yep I know they won’t, they just shouldn’t make the mistake of assuming they speak for a majority because there’s a decent chance that isn’t the case. 

10 hours ago, DumboBud said:

I think this was when you were at your condescending best on this thread 

“some might be a bit unhappy  .... but most care enough about the club”

If I recall correctly you then went on to describe those that didn’t agree as ‘a few’.

Hey Dumbo...

please do keep up!

bazil has now decided that it is NO LONGER ‘some’ or even ‘a few’ as there’s a ‘decent chance it’s not a majority!

How can you possibly argue against such a level of  definitively analytic precision?   :lol: